Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Cowboy Fans feel about Si's FA Winners and Losers

#1SkinsFan

Concerning TO, I don't think the pukes paid too much for a pro bowl WR. I think they paid too much for a malcontent. TO won't lead them to the SB because the pukes have too many holes to fill. Another question regards TO's age. I think TO has a few years left in the tank, but predicting when a player is done is very very difficult. That said, if anybody can handle TO it is probably the Tuna. Either way it will be drama to watch.

Finally, I think the biggest off-season acquisition if Saunders and the biggest question is QB. If Brunell holds up and Campbell plays well the skins are playoff bound.

I don't understand how Cowboy fans can actually sit there and think that the skins' didn't get any beter with tfree agency. Let me get this straight, the boys' cut their No. 1 WR in Keyshawn and sign TO. We needed a legit #2 option to pair up with Moss and we sign a young, former #1 option in Brandon Lloyd and a playmaker in Randle-El. We needed somebody to replace Clark and play opposite Taylor, so we go out and grab a starter ni Archuleta. We needed a pass-rush and we got Andre Carter.

What have the boys' done...added TO. Yes, TO is a great and talented WR. But Bledsoe is a decent QB with almost no mobility. That's it. Cowboy fans need to get off their high horse.

Finally, I think the biggest off-season acquisition if Saunders and the biggest question is QB. If Brunell holds up and Campbell plays well the skins are playoff bound.

I have sworn to defend Brunell, and I feel obliged to do so. I don't want to turn the direction of this thread, but: How can you think the QB position is the biggest question mark when Brunell took us to the playoffs w/ only Moss and Cooley to throw to, and now he has two more receiving options and Patten is healthy again? The only real question mark is can the o-line stay healthy and can we get decent depth in there.

Now, back to how much the cowgirls suck... I'm going to say their biggest question mark is QB. I don't understand how our fans doubt Brunell, and never seem to question Bledsoe, other than calling him slow. bledsoe threw just as many TD as MB, but had a couple more receiving threats. Bledsoe threw 17 INT's to MB's 10. Cowboys have done absolutely nothing to address the need of a future QB. The Skins are grooming Campbell. Cowboys don't have any depth, which is what screwed them over last season, and have done little to nothing to fix that. The cowboys, like always, are the biggest losers. :dallasuck

Guest santana4prez

Blame Jerry Jones, thats why Cowboy fans love TO they have no choice. Yes he helps their team but for all the fans who hate TO b/c he disrespected their team their is nothing they can do.

They cant overrule Jerry Jones and their not going to stop liking their team b/c of it. Theyre going to suck it up and make the best out of it.

I mean what would we do if TO disrespected the Skins and then Snyder signed TO? You can either say its the past and say hes starting over give him a chance or you can say hey im not watching.

Bottom Line you cant blame Boys fans for liking TO b/c id hate him if he did what he did to us then we signed him but im not stopping watching games b/c of it either.

the pickups aren't near as good as the money they got paid. And i think that hurts the team as a whole. You guys could have gotten good WR's at half the price and filled more holes such as some quaility depth on the o line and DB's. Instead, you paid top money for mid level talent and if you are to get the depth you will need to make a serious run, you again will have to go back and restructure more contracts and give players more guaranteed money, which again hurts the whole team. I think that is the logic that is being used to say you guys were losers in the FA market, not a commentary on the players you actually got.. it is for me anyway.

We've basically got about $3M in cap room right now. Why is it you think the plan isn't to address depth at those positions anyway?

And who were these good WR's available at half the price?

David Givens? Nope, signed for 5 yrs at $24M, $8M sb.

Joe Jurevicius? Sure, he would have been slightly cheaper but he'll be 32 this season and if we signed him we would be in the same boat as Brokeback Nation and have to find a replacement in a year or two.

Corey Bradford? No thanks.

Jabar Gaffney? No thanks.

None of these guys would give the Skins the versatility that Randle El does.

How does giving players more money, especially guaranteed, hurt the team? If anything it would help. Name two young Wr w/ the talent levels of Lloyd and El we could have gotten at half the price. We still have cap room to grab the depth we need. Do you honestly believe our FO is stupid enough to put us back in the hole we apparently pulled ourselves out of w/ the new CBA agreement? Maybe Cowboy players are petty enough to hold a grudge over another player making more money, but our team is actually a team. we actually have players who volunteer to restructure to help the team get under the cap. Saying we overpaid for any player is very hypocritical, as you guys paid way too much for TO. By your logic, everyone on your team will hate TO (which they probably will) and it will tear the the team apart (which it probably will). I like how all you cowgirl fans are so dumb that all you can see is the article hating on the Redskins and you guys instantly love that article. You guys sem to be completely ignoring the fact that the writer called your receivers medeiocre, that includes me-shawn as the writer is refering to pre-TO WR core. The Cowboys signing a couple aging free agents, and doing nothing to address a crppy secondary seems more like losing out to me, than the Skins signing young players to address position needs. Now we really have no future holes, except maybe LB, to fill for quite a while, where as you guys are a year or two away from needing almost a complete revamp. :dallasuck

Well without any research,, just off the top of my head, A. bryant is young, put up better numbers than either Lloyd or Randel el and was got for 15 million over 4 years. How does guaranteed money hurt?? are u serious? There is a reason teams try to stay away from guaranteed contracts.. because in the NFL, its bad business, because whatever happens,, you have to pay that money.. which increases the chances of having a lot of "dead" money. And according to oneof your fellow redskins brothers, you guys have roughly 2.5 million in cap before you sign LLoyd. That is not enough room to sign LLoyd, get your draft signed and provide depth. And as your leader pointed out the other day.. your players don't volunteer to restructure, the team has the option, because they know they will have to restructure because of bad management. And as far as our crappy secondary,, you guys finished 9th, we finished 10th.. not much difference in our crappy one and yours.

Well without any research,, just off the top of my head, A. bryant is young, put up better numbers than either Lloyd or Randel el and was got for 15 million over 4 years. How does guaranteed money hurt?? are u serious? There is a reason teams try to stay away from guaranteed contracts.. because in the NFL, its bad business, because whatever happens,, you have to pay that money.. which increases the chances of having a lot of "dead" money. And according to oneof your fellow redskins brothers, you guys have roughly 2.5 million in cap before you sign LLoyd. That is not enough room to sign LLoyd, get your draft signed and provide depth. And as your leader pointed out the other day.. your players don't volunteer to restructure, the team has the option, because they know they will have to restructure because of bad management. And as far as our crappy secondary,, you guys finished 9th, we finished 10th.. not much difference in our crappy one and yours.

How did it feel to be swept and kept out of the playoffs by the Redskins? Three painful wins the Redskins gave you this yr. Sorry:(

How did it feel to be swept and kept out of the playoffs by the Redskins? Three painful wins the Redskins gave you this yr. Sorry:(

that's pretty weak, don't ya think? But to answer,, I am sure i felt as bad as you over the last 8 yrs,, 15 out of 18,, so you should be able to answer your own question.

I swear to God, you cannot have a rationale conversation with these people. THe minute you bring up a good point, they either quit posting or comeback with this sort of garbage.

What if we were all having a nice debate about....hell I don't know.....anything, and a skins fan made a good point, and my only comeback was...........14 out of 17, 14 out of 17.

It is friggin stupid people. Get over it already.

Our D finished 9th, not our secondary. And that ranking is by yds per game allowed, not by secondaries getting burned on big plays (week 2 ring a bell?) Our secondary wasn't giving up points to the 49ers and edging them out by a lousy field goal. NFL teams don't give guaranteed money b/c they are cheap, and/or put more incentives in the contracts. BEFORE the CBA agreement, our players volunteered to restructure to get the team under the cap, if there was NO agreement. We still have about 5-8 million left in bonus conversion to do. Who is our "leader" that said we had bad management? Stop misquoting. We put the options in to restructure so in the future, if we need more cap space, we will have it. So b/c there is a lot of "dead money" and some people (rich, cheap owners) say that is bad business, and players receiving more guaranteed money, our team is going to fall apart? But signing a loudmouth WR who has already ripped apart two teams, and rips on every QB, and now has an easy target in Bledsoe, and who you guys overpaid, isn't going to tear your team apart? Once again, our team isn't petty like your might be. I say your team might be petty as you seem to relate a big contract to other players being jealous. We don't see that here, but I guess you see that in dallas. You guys haven't planned for the future at all, other than Ayodele, who you guys almost let go, but signed only b/c the Skins looked his way when he first left Dallas. You have a year or two left, and then it is revamp time. That is probably the source of the Parcell's retiring rumors. if my team was steadily going downhill in age and peformance, I'd want out too. :silly:

plain and simple jerry jones sold himself out. i mean how are u gonna take in

a guy that has disrespected the entire org. but its tipical of the cowboy fans,

and org. :dallasuck

There's a lot of football greatness in Dallas' legacy, but there is also an unusual amount of shameful and sorry events that would make it impossible for me to be a truly "proud" cowpie fan. Every team has had its bad apple or three, to varying degrees, but the Big D parade of perverts and criminals, the handling of the great Tom Landry, this hiring of a guy who spits on your flag and making him your new hero, is all f'ed up IMO. There's a lot of us here (like me) that would have been TRULY pist if we had signed TO, talent aside, and he never disrespected us the way he did Dallas. He's a good player, and I LOVE to win, but pride to me does not just come from my teams w/l record.

Blame Jerry Jones, thats why Cowboy fans love TO they have no choice. Yes he helps their team but for all the fans who hate TO b/c he disrespected their team their is nothing they can do.

They cant overrule Jerry Jones and their not going to stop liking their team b/c of it. Theyre going to suck it up and make the best out of it.

I mean what would we do if TO disrespected the Skins and then Snyder signed TO? You can either say its the past and say hes starting over give him a chance or you can say hey im not watching.

Bottom Line you cant blame Boys fans for liking TO b/c id hate him if he did what he did to us then we signed him but im not stopping watching games b/c of it either.

Very nice. Excellent post because it rings so very true!

I think one way to look at it is like the day Snyder brought in 9-toes Sanders. The enemy was in our camp! Oh, how painful it was to root for that prima donna; yet, I had to. One player couldn't sway my allegiance. It wasn't like I was going to commit suicide or abandon my team because of one jerk; yet, it was more bitter than sweet, despite how talented Sanders was.

On that front, the circle is amost complete. As sick as it sounds, I am so very happy that the puke fans will finally get a taste of how it felt when 9-toes played in DC.

Enjoy the T.O. drama! Coming to a wide-screen TV near you :laugh: :dallasuck

Our D finished 9th, not our secondary. And that ranking is by yds per game allowed, not by secondaries getting burned on big plays (week 2 ring a bell?) Our secondary wasn't giving up points to the 49ers and edging them out by a lousy field goal. NFL teams don't give guaranteed money b/c they are cheap, and/or put more incentives in the contracts. BEFORE the CBA agreement, our players volunteered to restructure to get the team under the cap, if there was NO agreement. We still have about 5-8 million left in bonus conversion to do. Who is our "leader" that said we had bad management? Stop misquoting. We put the options in to restructure so in the future, if we need more cap space, we will have it. So b/c there is a lot of "dead money" and some people (rich, cheap owners) say that is bad business, and players receiving more guaranteed money, our team is going to fall apart? But signing a loudmouth WR who has already ripped apart two teams, and rips on every QB, and now has an easy target in Bledsoe, and who you guys overpaid, isn't going to tear your team apart? Once again, our team isn't petty like your might be. I say your team might be petty as you seem to relate a big contract to other players being jealous. We don't see that here, but I guess you see that in dallas. You guys haven't planned for the future at all, other than Ayodele, who you guys almost let go, but signed only b/c the Skins looked his way when he first left Dallas. You have a year or two left, and then it is revamp time. That is probably the source of the Parcell's retiring rumors. if my team was steadily going downhill in age and peformance, I'd want out too. :silly:

Pass Defence

Redskins yards per game-192.6

Dallas Yards per game 192.7

And i don't remember ever saying anything about your team falling apart over anything,, just that because you over paid for a few FA it hurts your team because you still dont have depth and as of right now. you dont have cap room to get depth.

that's pretty weak, don't ya think? But to answer,, I am sure i felt as bad as you over the last 8 yrs,, 15 out of 18,, so you should be able to answer your own question.

the times you beat us it did not matter. It was one losing team beating another losing team. Last yr it for the money. And you cracked .

Pass Defence

Redskins yards per game-192.6

Dallas Yards per game 192.7

And i don't remember ever saying anything about your team falling apart over anything,, just that because you over paid for a few FA it hurts your team because you still dont have depth and as of right now. you dont have cap room to get depth.

Assuming your numbers are correct, maybe your secondary isn't as crappy as I thought. The only depth we need is a player that can play C/G on the O-line, the rest can be addressed through the draft. We also need on more CB, and a fourth safety. All those can be adressed in the draft as well. We still have a few roster bonuses to convert, and resigning lloyd could actually save us money on this years cap as he is currently under a one-year tender. I understand your point, I'm just saying we have more cap space than a lot of people, even on this site, realize. The majority of the remaining depth we need will be addressed in the draft, and FA isn't over yet. We do indeed have enough cap to get the depth we need, as Gibbs, not Snyder, has the final say, and Gibbs himself, is very familiar w/ the cap, and addressed the very situation you are talking about in several interviews. We have secured roster spots for many years now. My gripe is Dallas hasn't which is why i don't see how they can be considered winners, and us losers in FA.

Actually, when you apply some thought to it, it's not. Ok, ready to fire up those neurons? Let's go....

(1) BrokeBack Cowpuke fans predict unequivocally and unanimously that the CryGirls will "sweep" us next season, in part, due to the addition of TO.

(2) The Skins DOMINATED and embarrased Tuna & Co., prevented the cowturds from advancing to the playoffs, and themselves advanced to the divisional NFC playoffs despite injuries and the lack of a complimentary WR to Moss (the NFL's premier WR).

(3) The Skins vastly improved their roster this offseason, both defensively and offensively. In particular, the WR corps is now at an elite level. The combination of Fun Bunch II along w/ Cooley and Portis makes it UNTENABLE for the Cryboys. Bet on it.

(4) TO is a team cancer. This is not hyperbole on our part; it's a fact. Ask SF, and ask Philthy. Ask anyone with a clue (this means don't bother asking Peter King or anyone Brokeback Mt. Zone).

The fact that we completely obliterated the cowdungs last season with a weaker team, and have strengthened our roster exponentially whilst the pukes have done nothing but added cancer cells to their roster spells doom for the 'girls next season.

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51844

Wow they agree with Banks. They think we will be worse b/c we filled the holes we needed. What idiouts. WE added better players to an already solid team. Who gives a damn if we overpaid, as long as we got who we needed. Those idiots still think Joe Gibbs is washed up and can't coach a winning team. Oh well, we will prove those clowns wrong again, once we make it to the playoffs again, while T.O and "the team" are sitting at home, wondering how the Redskins made the playoffs again, and how they didn't. :laugh:

I can't wait for the season to start! :dallasuck

Seriously.. does this us against the world stance ever get old over here? :(:rolleyes:

I have sworn to defend Brunell, and I feel obliged to do so. I don't want to turn the direction of this thread, but: How can you think the QB position is the biggest question mark when Brunell took us to the playoffs w/ only Moss and Cooley to throw to, and now he has two more receiving options and Patten is healthy again? The only real question mark is can the o-line stay healthy and can we get decent depth in there.

Now, back to how much the cowgirls suck... I'm going to say their biggest question mark is QB. I don't understand how our fans doubt Brunell, and never seem to question Bledsoe, other than calling him slow. bledsoe threw just as many TD as MB, but had a couple more receiving threats. Bledsoe threw 17 INT's to MB's 10. Cowboys have done absolutely nothing to address the need of a future QB. The Skins are grooming Campbell. Cowboys don't have any depth, which is what screwed them over last season, and have done little to nothing to fix that. The cowboys, like always, are the biggest losers. :dallasuck

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am not saying Brunell can't, but he is getting up in age for an NFL player and who knows how many more seasons he has in him. Also, he played well last year, but I just don't see him lasting 16 games plus playoffs. I see Campbell coming in for a few games while Brunell recovers from an injury. I hope it does not happen, but he has gotten hurt both seasons he has been here. Ideally, I would love to have Brunell fresh heading into the playoffs.

Because they "think" he will lead them to a sb. :laugh:

How is he gonna do that if he can't do it with a better team (Eagles) who has a better qb (mcnabb) and better offense?

Answer that one Cowboys fans.

Of Course every team wants to make it to the SB but who are the Boys fans that are screaming SB because of the T.O. signing alone? Is it the case that Boys fans everywhere are saying this or are YOU afraid that Dallas has a shot?

Archived