Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Cowboy Fans feel about Si's FA Winners and Losers

#1SkinsFan

the only one you got right was the kicker comment.. we do need one. The other is just fine.. we might have the deepest DL in the East.. Oline, we have several people that are ready to play LG,, LA was a great player.. but is terriable in space now..very little lateral movement,, if he latches on though.. he totally destroys them, the problem is, he don't latch on that much anymore. right now. I would say OLB, Fs and Kicker are the postions that need some work. We will address the kicker in FA more than likely,, but take aOLB and FS in the draft, both spots are pretty deep plus an OL in the draft too. Life is good when you have filled 5 holes, still have over 14 million in cap and 6 draft pics.

your OL is crappy, even adding FA's it takes a year to gel. your QB is a sitting duck, run game average at best, wr's are old, LB inexperienced, dbs just stink.

you have a good punter, dl ok

the only one you got right was the kicker comment.. we do need one. The other is just fine.. we might have the deepest DL in the East.. Oline, we have several people that are ready to play LG,, LA was a great player.. but is terriable in space now..very little lateral movement,, if he latches on though.. he totally destroys them, the problem is, he don't latch on that much anymore. right now. I would say OLB, Fs and Kicker are the postions that need some work. We will address the kicker in FA more than likely,, but take aOLB and FS in the draft, both spots are pretty deep plus an OL in the draft too. Life is good when you have filled 5 holes, still have over 14 million in cap and 6 draft pics.

don't refer to the cowboys as we. this isnt a cowboy board. refer to yourselves as "the worst sports franchise in america." ;)

:

Thing, is I admire Bill Parcells. He is a hell of a coach. Jerry Jones is so very much like Dan Snyder in his passion for winning. Their approach to building a team, of course, also, show similarities. QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: I think you got this backwards... Snyders alot like Jerry Jones is the way this should read. Let's not forget that Danny boy is yearning and wishing for the hardware that Jerry already has. Ohhh what Danny wouldn't do for 3 rings. :cool:

Um, which team has the highest revenue in the NFL again? Oh, that's right.... the Redskins. How old is Snyder? And Jerrah? Oh, that's right.... the former is still a young man - about forty or so - and the latter is, uh, well, about to enter the twilight of his life (at least he sure as hell looks like it). Looks like Jerrah has a thing or two to learn from Snyder. Oh, and the SB trophies? Those will come soon enough.

Pass Defence

Redskins yards per game-192.6

Dallas Yards per game 192.7

And i don't remember ever saying anything about your team falling apart over anything,, just that because you over paid for a few FA it hurts your team because you still dont have depth and as of right now. you dont have cap room to get depth.

sure we do theres always a bonus or incentive snyder hasnt garunteed yet.

Guest santana4prez
Plenty of Boys fans are upset about the signing? Where are you getting your info? It's about 70/30 IMO on most Boys forums. Seriously... can you tell me you would not put a positive spin on signing T.O. if you guys had signed him? Keep it real! I've witnessed the skins celebrate and welcome Deion Sanders, James Washington, Alvin Harper, Brandon Noble and Norv Turner. Say you don't like the Cowboys but don't act you don't support everything B&G including T.O. IF he was a redskin.

Thats what I meant. I know alot of fans are upset and alot are happy about the move. I was actually defending the move for the Cowboy fans who dont like him but have to now that hes a Cowboy.

If Owens disrespected my team I wouldnt want him on it , that said if he did I would have to embrace him b/c hes wearing the Burgundy&Gold. You thought my post was dissing Cowboy fans but I wasnt. I actually think he makes your team alot better.

Very nice. Excellent post because it rings so very true!

I think one way to look at it is like the day Snyder brought in 9-toes Sanders. The enemy was in our camp! Oh, how painful it was to root for that prima donna; yet, I had to. One player couldn't sway my allegiance. It wasn't like I was going to commit suicide or abandon my team because of one jerk; yet, it was more bitter than sweet, despite how talented Sanders was.

On that front, the circle is amost complete. As sick as it sounds, I am so very happy that the puke fans will finally get a taste of how it felt when 9-toes played in DC.

Enjoy the T.O. drama! Coming to a wide-screen TV near you :laugh: :dallasuck

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The whole reason why everybody is calling us "losers" in the FA market is because of the kind of money we gave to them. If we got all the same guys at a lower price everybody and their mama's would have praised us. People seem to forget the Eagle's were a good team BEFORE T.O. and the fact that he wasn't even around when they got the Superbowl. Saying that T.O. makes the Cowboys a supebowl contender is complete bullsh*t. They didn't even make the playoffs!?!? If the Cowboys were a good team overall i'd be worried...but they're not.

We are the better team. Period.

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51844

Wow they agree with Banks. They think we will be worse b/c we filled the holes we needed. What idiouts. WE added better players to an already solid team. Who gives a damn if we overpaid, as long as we got who we needed. Those idiots still think Joe Gibbs is washed up and can't coach a winning team. Oh well, we will prove those clowns wrong again, once we make it to the playoffs again, while T.O and "the team" are sitting at home, wondering how the Redskins made the playoffs again, and how they didn't. :laugh:

I can't wait for the season to start! :dallasuck

I'm with you man. I do find it funny and ironic that you misspelled "idiot," though. However while typing this I misspelled it myself and had to correct it.

Just messing with you buddy. Good post.

Oline, we have several people that are ready to play LG,, LA was a great player.. but is terriable in space now..very little lateral movement,, if he latches on though.. he totally destroys them, the problem is, he don't latch on that much anymore. right now. I would say OLB, Fs and Kicker are the postions that need some work. We will address the kicker in FA more than likely,, but take aOLB and FS in the draft, both spots are pretty deep plus an OL in the draft too. Life is good when you have filled 5 holes, still have over 14 million in cap and 6 draft pics.

You don't honestly believe that your O-line ills are cured do you? The only lineman that played even remotely close to NFL level last year were Flozell Adams and Larry Allen. Johnson and Gurode have been huge disappointments, Rivera was terrible. Tucker shouldn't even be on an NFL roster and after an encouraging start Pettiti got figured out. Pettiti could become an legit lineman but he's got a ways to go and he may not get to play much this year.

Now you've signed Fabini who was a very good tackle but is coming off of two injury plagued seasons in which he was a shadow of his formal self. Kozier is strictly depth. So let's look at your depth chart:

LT Adams (coming off major injury)

LG Peterman (3 career games) or Gurode?

C Johnson or Gurode (neither played well last year)

RG Rivera (back better?)

RT Fabini (pectoral & knees)

So unless I missed something that doesn't look figured out all that much.

Archived