Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lost art of Search

Xameil

Clearly you do care, otherwise you wouldn't be posting about it. Your instincts were wrong, and you were corrected. Its as simple as that. Whether it will sink in is another matter.

Actually I don't, I'm just posting now because people are being asses towards me and I'm defending myself. At first I said if it bothers you don't click the threads I don't see how my "instincts" were wrong.

The problem is, this board is way too busy.

I know everyone would like to keep topics in one thread, but when there are 1000 people on the board at one time, one thread will blow up to 5 pages in about 10 minutes. You get the feeling that nobody has a chance to read your posts, and you certainly can't keep up with all the posts in that thread. By the time you post your response to someones comment, three pages have been added and nobody has any idea what you are talking about.

I'm sorry X. It wasn't directed at you, just all of the MOD interns in general. :laugh:

You a'ight in my book.

:laugh: I was just bustin on ya. I like our debates in the other forum. I look forward to meeting ya in the fall and having a few beers with ya.

I know everyone would like to keep topics in one thread, but when there are 1000 people on the board at one time, one thread will blow up to 5 pages in about 10 minutes. You get the feeling that nobody has a chance to read your posts, and you certainly can't keep up with all the posts in that thread. By the time you post your response to someones comment, three pages have been added and nobody has any idea what you are talking about.

have faith in the people on the board. They will read every post in a thread (for the most part). But when you create another thread, then you just increased the chance no one will read it.

Timfolk, I don't recall anyone actually calling you out in the thread title...you stated your opinion, and people are just responding to you.

You don't get it. The mods aren't paid. They are busting their butts, while you are running around saying "Hey, its ok to litter, those guys with trash bags and sticks will pick it up". Show some courtesy, and some self-restraint so they can actually stand a chance of doing their jobs effectively. Those who gently remind thread starters of this concept are actively helping the moderators, and trust me, the moderators appreciate it.
:applause: YEAH BABY!!! :cheers:

Use the "quote" feature. See that was easy. Now you know I am responding/talking to you.

It's mouse clicks, not manual labor .

It's not rocket science either. ;)

Yet thousands of ES members seem to be able to post properly inspite of this.

:)

Maybe we should use this thread to seperate the wheat from the chafe. Anyone that pipes up & in doing so, demonstrates that they clearly don't get it........

TK, I think the ones that clearly don't get it, other than those starting a new, but existing, thread (hope you can understand that!) are those that have nothing to add except 'Haha, got in before the lock!'

That is where the problem lies. I usually read the thread that has the most traffic, but when 80% of the posts are 'Haha, got in before the lock!' (or words to that effect), that annoys me no end.

Maybe a weeks holiday should be given to anyone who adds that meaningless post to an already redundant thread.

I'm sorry X. It wasn't directed at you, just all of the MOD interns in general. :laugh:

You a'ight in my book.

You are on the wrong side of this issue KG. The mods have made it abundantly clear that they want, and even need, the community to police these forums. It isn't about people being mod wannabes. It's about people wanting the board to remain a place for quality discourse, absent a dozen threads on the same topic. You can disagree all you want, but those who created and moderate this site have stated the way it should be.

You are on the wrong side of this issue KG. The mods have made it abundantly clear that they want, and even need, the community to police these forums. It isn't about people being mod wannabes. It's about people wanting the board to remain a place for quality discourse, absent a dozen threads on the same topic. You can disagree all you want, but those who created and moderate this site have stated the way it should be.

I agree. I have missed some good threads and discussions because lots of useless threads are posted which knock threads that I would have found interesting to read and discuss, or having a discussion and the thread is pushed off the first page in about 2 mins so no one responds anymore. Instead some useless already posted 100 times thread is taking its place. :2cents:

I realize this and you're right the MODS need assistance, but when you have people using idiot, moron, etc. how can we take them seriously? This is a non-issue for me really and I meant to add a little humor into X's thread and apparently you found no humor in it and I'm fine with that.

TK, I think the ones that clearly don't get it, other than those starting a new, but existing, thread (hope you can understand that!) are those that have nothing to add except 'Haha, got in before the lock!'

That is where the problem lies. I usually read the thread that has the most traffic, but when 80% of the posts are 'Haha, got in before the lock!' (or words to that effect), that annoys me no end.

Maybe a weeks holiday should be given to anyone who adds that meaningless post to an already redundant thread.

Understood. :)

'In before the close" is starting to turn into nothing more then a spamming, post padding trend around here. ALL it does is bump the garbage back to the top of the page. That in turn, causes something worth actually reading to get bumped down so far it gets lost & no one sees it.

That said, I think a few days off & a re-set back down the Cheerleader avatar & a post count of zero might fix that.

DING! Thanks for getting it. Hopefully, this will help KG & others get it as well.

DING! Thanks for getting it. Hopefully, this will help KG & others get it as well.

If you look at some of my past posts I have done just what steve is referring to. So I think I "get it." I just do it in a manner where I don't belittle someone in order to get my point across like some here do.

this has already been posted. please use the search before posting about using the search.

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133093&highlight=search

:laugh: :laugh:

j/k. you are correct. i don't come to the stadium very often for this very reason.

:laugh: funny thing is I thought I had seen one, so I did a search, and all I founbd were problems with the search functions. My boss walked in, and I quickly reduced the screen, and missed that one... :laugh:

People agree to the rules when they sign up. If they haven't read them, they will have missed the 'Ignorance of the rules is no excuse' line.

The thing is that if people haven't got it now, they never will, and maybe a holiday will snap them out of their complacency. A provision for their return would be that they re-read the rules before being allowed to post again.

How many debates are they going to be about this? I think there should be an all out ban for 5 days and the only thing posted at extremeskins.com is the rules.

Then we'll see who comes back. :)

Holy **** I agree with Who Del. Is the devil looking for a winter coat? :)

People agree to the rules when they sign up. If they haven't read them, they will have missed the 'Ignorance of the rules is no excuse' line.

The thing is that if people haven't got it now, they never will, and maybe a holiday will snap them out of their complacency. A provision for their return would be that they re-read the rules before being allowed to post again.

Thats fine and all, but how would you know if they had read the rules? The mods could always set up a quiz. In fact, why not set up a quiz? :D :D :D

Actually. Here is a serious suggestion for the mods:

Why not when you ban someone instead of showing them a message they've been banned let it redirect them to the rules. Then have some sort of prompt that makes them check a box or hit okay saying they've actually read them. I know they can just scroll over them but if they break them again then ban them outright.

Just a thought.

I haven't made any threads about anything your talking about. I'm just saying if you don't want to read it don't click it's not that hard.

Dude, this isn't to harass you, but your idea of a solution exacerbates the problem. Comprende?

For the forum to contiue to be the product everyone has come to love, "ignoring" the rules and guidelines is not good advice.

If you look at some of my past posts I have done just what steve is referring to. So I think I "get it." I just do it in a manner where I don't belittle someone in order to get my point across like some here do.

Sorry. I've been to busy moving/closing/merging threads to see all of your posts. :) I was going off of the stance you took in this thread.

Archived