Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton: Jets offering 7th for Ramsey

Fifty Gut

Probably becuase the Dolphins and the Saints picked up QB's, they're basically assured to get one of the top QB's in the draft. That, imo, pushes Ramsey's value down because he becomes merely a saftey valve if Pennington gets hurt again.

I agree entirely. If they choose to draft a QB instead of getting PR, they will have 8-10 games to groom the Rook before Pennington gets hurt.

Let him go the pick doesn't make a difference our draft is free agency fellas. The future is now was the quote that I heard George Allen shout when I was a kid. We cant draft well look at Taylor Jacobs a former #2 pick. Let it go and ship Ramsey off to the Jets if it is a 4th the player probably wont even make our team. If we can get rid of Arrington with nothing in return we sure can get rid of Ramsey cant we??

We are in a completely different era with Gibbs as our key determinator on talent. Forget Jacobs; Remember Taylor, Cooley, Rogers, and perhaps many more in years to come.

Yeah not sure why we signed Collins at this point...like he was in danger of being scooped off the market? Shouldve traded Ramsey first.

We're gonna get hosed for a 7th...I guess payback for Coles...

I think Collins had an offer from the 9ers...

Let him go the pick doesn't make a difference our draft is free agency fellas. The future is now was the quote that I heard George Allen shout when I was a kid. We cant draft well look at Taylor Jacobs a former #2 pick. Let it go and ship Ramsey off to the Jets if it is a 4th the player probably wont even make our team. If we can get rid of Arrington with nothing in return we sure can get rid of Ramsey cant we??

I agree with trading a 3rd and a 4th for loyd because we know what he can do and it will be rare to find someone of loyds talent in the draft at a 3rd and a 4th round chioce. Loyd was a low draft pick and was a steal for the 49's. That said it is not fair saying we do not draft well and giving the Taylor Jacobs example. Steve Spurrier drafted him, steve spurrier could not draft well. Gibbs got cooley in the 3rd, and took taylor over winslow. I think gibbs has a good draft record, but would rather get proven talent then taking a risk. expecially when our FO gets players in FA

screw a 7th...thats horrible for a former 1st round pick we might as well keep him

Dude everyone isn't stupid like our admin staff. The SKins hvae showed their hand. They know the Skins will eventually cut Ramsey. Why would they give up anything significant?

Dude everyone isn't stupid like our admin staff. The SKins hvae showed their hand. They know the Skins will eventually cut Ramsey. Why would they give up anything significant?

It's true, and now that we have collins we have the three qb's that will be on our roster. :mad:

EDIT: i dont agree with your thoughts on our admin

That's just the Jets' way of saying: We're afraid to deal with you because you may burn us...again.

Agreed. Don't forget, we have a long history of getting players from the Jets who end up being great performers for us. You don't need to look any further than the picture in your own signature. ;)

The problem is that by signing Collins, we've lost all of our leverage. The market for QB's is saturated, with Brooks, K. Collins, Griese, and McCown out there as FA's, and even guys like Shaub as potential trade bait, not to mention a draft that's got some blue chip prospects at the position. In addiiton, given the signings/trades in the past week, some of the teams that would likely have drafted QB's (e.g. Miami; New Orleans) now seem far less likely to do so.

The Jets don't expect to seriously contend for a championship next year, so I doubt they feel much pressure to acquire Patrick Ramsey.

Yes Maybe but I would hold onto him well into camp if I had to, and wait to see who gets hurt and who would THEN NEED a QB. :):cheers:

Trade him to the Bengals! Lewis needs a QB, he helped draft him, and Carson Palmer's future is in flux due to in jury. Kitna's gone. They need Ramsey.

You're right.....and there are other teams out there who could use a backup QB. It's starting to look like we won't get what we wanted for him, but I can't see releasing him. He's got too much potential. Hold on to him until we absolutely have to be under the cap. I can't believe the Bengals, Cowboys, Raiders, Texans, or some other teams can't use a solid backup. Even Kansas City could look at Ramsey with Trent Green getting old and Collins leaving them. Arizona if they lose McCown could be a good spot for him too.

Archived