Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Arrington "Doesn't Fit" [for the Giants]

bredskin

http://www.nypost.com/sports/61020.htm

March 14, 2006 -- With no offer from the first two teams he visited, linebacker LaVar Arrington is preparing to make more trips as free agency rolls on and he searches for a new place to play.

Arrington stopped by Giants Stadium over the weekend and yesterday his agent, Carl Poston, said, "I don't know if the Giants thing is going to work out or not."

The Giants often pounce on their targets when they like what they see, but they have taken a more deliberate approach with Arrington. Poston said Arrington enjoyed his visit with the Giants, adding "It's hard not to like New York."

Link for full article

Notice.. the Poston Brothers are shopping Arrington, Julian Petersen, and Charles Woodson.. big names all... any takers? Very little interest to say the least.

Those guys have put themselves behind the eight ball with the owners in this league. Looks to me like everyone took notice of their shenanigans with Arrington's contract, among oither things.

~Bang

All of those Poston guys also have age and injury issues.

So they're going to have to accept reality and realize they will not be commanding big money.

That's very hard for LaVar especially given that he just walked away from a huge deal with the Redskins and forfeited $4 million.

And it sounds like there's no team in the league seriously interested him.

Notice.. the Poston Brothers are shopping Arrington, Julian Petersen, and Charles Woodson.. big names all... any takers? Very little interest to say the least.

Those guys have put themselves behind the eight ball with the owners in this league. Looks to me like everyone took notice of their shenanigans with Arrington's contract, among oither things.

~Bang

They overprice - and in a market which moves this fast they are risking all the dollars and cap space being used up.

We still need a OLB - maybe if Petersen is still hanging in a few weeks the 'sale' sign might get dusted off and he becomes a possibility.

Arrington will land somewhere but I have a feeling for a lot less than he left on the table here. The numbers will look eye poping when he does sign but it will be back loaded with lots of incentives based on playing time and production.

Seems like personal men around the league thinks that if J. Gibbs and G. Williams didn’t play Arrington despite his huge salary maybe, just maybe, they knew something. It should be a seller market for OLB and still no sale. Hmm..

If he were to bounce around and drop in price, I would welcome him back if he had a chip on his shoulder, realized playing time is earned not expected so he learns the ins and outs of the system and doesnt freelance. He would be an absolute beast of a player then and i would welcome him back with open arms. Not really my call though now is it.

Maybe the rest of the league has realized that Lavar has ALWAYS been about potential and not performance. He's not even the best LB available right now. Don't get me wrong. I like Lavar as a person and wished he could have stayed here. But he never became what everyone has said he should be.

For those reasons he doesn't scare me on another team: even an NFC East team. Pierce was a bigger loss than Lavar, IMO.

He is clearly asking for too much money. He wants another contract like the one Danny gave to him and nobody is going to be willing to pay that for him. Especially not with a history of injury, a history of being a malcontent and with Potsons as agents.

No one is gonna over pay like the Skins. If Lavar were drafted by someone else, then the Skins would be interested. Randel El getting almost 12 mill in guranteed money is ridiculous.

Archived