Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting stats pertaining to Jason Campbell

skinsfan999

While we still don't know who will be starting for the Skins this year, I decided to look up Jason Campbell's college stats in his senior year to tell how he distributed the ball to his WR. This is all in light of the recent signings and whether each WR will get enough balls thrown to him.

NAME REC YDS YPR LONG TD

Courtney Taylor 43 737 17.1 56 6

Devin Aromashodu 24 513 21.4 67(TD) 4

Ben Obomanu 25 359 14.4 43(TD) 7

Ronnie Brown 34 313 9.2 38 1

Cooper Wallace 19 302 15.9 36 0

Anthony Mix 19 294 15.5 58(TD) 3

Silas Daniels 9 169 18.8 87(TD) 1

Carnell Williams 21 152 7.2 57 1

From what i see it looks like JC does a good job at distributing the balls, which I think would be great in this offense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamstats?teamId=2&year=2004

My bad if something like this has already been posted. I did some searching and didn't see anything.

Okay slow down with the whole Campbell thing. Sure he has alot of accolades from Auburn, but give me a f$%^ing break. We get two games from the dance with a proven veteran and you guys want to start a rookie QB. Yikes!!!! I think the kid is gonna rock, but Brunell should start until he loses the job. :2cents:

HTTR!

I think that we have nothing to lose now with Campbell starting. Neither QB has chemistry with these receivers and Brunell wont be around much longer. Might as well start Campbell and get the chemistry rolling for years to come.

Not to mention that Campbell is a 1st round pick that we gave up tons to get.

Okay slow down with the whole Campbell thing. Sure he has alot of accolades from Auburn, but give me a f$%^ing break. We get two games from the dance with a proven veteran and you guys want to start a rookie QB. Yikes!!!! I think the kid is gonna rock, but Brunell should start until he loses the job. :2cents:

HTTR!

I don't necessarily want to bench Brunell for Campbell, I just wanted to point out that Campbell seems to be pretty good at spreading around the offense, which will be great with all the weapons we have.

I say let the best man win the QB position.

HTTR!

We "barely" did anything with Brunell he gave us all he had and we love him for it.. but simply put I want to drive the new car now ... ;-)

here in sec country i watched jason campbell play his whole career at auburn. his junior and senior year he really developed. auburn signed some excellent running backs like carnell williams and ronnie brown, provided a big strong offensive line, with 3 really good receivers. their defense was excellent, and gave the ball to the offense a lot. his dad was a coach in high school, and jason learned well his first two years at auburn. he was every bit as good as matt leinert his senior year, and i hate to admit his talent, because i am a crimson tide fan. that is as big a rivalry as the skins and cowboys. joe will give jason his shot when he is ready, and be thankful, that is the way it should be. we want a well rounded, coached qb to step in when ready, not one prone to mistakes. i believe that is what ruined patrick ramsey for the skins. he was led to the slaughter, and he may recover, but not at washington.

MB can and will take us to the bowl if we can consistently protect him. With all of these new targets of opportunity incorporated into to Al's system, there's no doubt we have the ingredients necessary to win the championship.

2006 or bust...

Campbell will be ready in 07.

Archived