Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randle El opinion: reason skins might have over paid

bsmsss

SPECIAL TEAMS

this guy is a special teams monster

he will change field postions on every punt

he is this decades brian mitchell to gibbs

yes he is a wr--but i bet gibbs made him over pay because of the special teams factor alone

Good point.

I think the Bears might have been thinking along the same lines. Especially since we know that one of their alternative routes is to go after Drummond, from Detroit.

Unfortunately, the perception will exist that we will have overpaid for a "special teamer", while other teams around the league would have been addressing a key facet of the gameplan to success.

Randle El can catch the ball and make plays with his feet on offense. Let's not pretend this is Chad Morton who was listed as a running back but did little outside of returns.

I don't think the Steelers staff necessarily got 100% out of him in terms of production at WR because frankly they had pro bowl options in Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress the past 3-4 years and ran the ball more than any team in the NFL during that stretch.

As a slot receiver in Washington I think this guy can make some very big plays for us.

The Chiefs offense was one of the more productive ones in the NFL and yet Tony Gonzalez was their only bona fide pro bowl caliber receiver.

Eddie Kennison? Johnnie Morton? Dante Hall? This wasn't anywhere near the top receiving corps in the NFL.

Randle El can catch the ball and make plays with his feet on offense. Let's not pretend this is Chad Morton who was listed as a running back but did little outside of returns.

I don't think the Steelers staff necessarily got 100% out of him in terms of production at WR because frankly they had pro bowl options in Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress the past 3-4 years and ran the ball more than any team in the NFL during that stretch.

As a slot receiver in Washington I think this guy can make some very big plays for us.

The Chiefs offense was one of the more productive ones in the NFL and yet Tony Gonzalez was their only bona fide pro bowl caliber receiver.

Eddie Kennison? Johnnie Morton? Dante Hall? This wasn't anywhere near the top receiving corps in the NFL.

It is amazing what having two hall of fame offensive lineman can do.

Randle El is valuable in 3 ways. First as a reciever. He has superbowl experience, and has been a good reciever for Pittsburgh. Not great, good. Second, he is a fantastic return man. Third, he can also run gadget plays, and be our 4th QB if needed. He adds a lot of versatility to Saunders offense, allowing him to do... well, whatever the HECK he wants.

Returner 3rd or 4th WR,,,,,, 4th QB,,,,,,, He's worth the check......

I wonder if he can punt, and kick F/Gs too? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, I like the pick, he's a good player...not flashy, but solid.

Second, he is a fantastic return man.

This perception is inflated a bit because El had a great game against the 'Skins in 2004. Overall, I think that 'Skins fans are going to be disappointed with El's punt return skills. He has an infuriating tendency to run in circles after fielding a punt gaining minimum yardage or losing yardage in the process. He does ocassionally break of a great return, but most of the time he gets little yardage.

Archived