Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

old myth question

Prosperity

And frightening...

Think about the lyrics to Rock-A-Bye Baby.

That's some freaky ****, right there.

or not really a myth, bout how about the songs "ring around the roses" or "alouette". Those are some pretty twisted songs when you think about them.

And frightening...

Think about the lyrics to Rock-A-Bye Baby.

That's some freaky ****, right there.

The list goes on and on Iheart.

The pied piper is kidnapping all the kids, and we all know what child kidnappers do.

Rockabye baby.....a kid falls out of a tree.

Golidlocks is a burglar.

Hansel and Gretel are murderers.

Any others?

pied piper of hamelin, that is correct.

i read that story just the other night.

I remembered it when I heard "Kid A" again. The weird thing is that the song and album are supposedly dedicated to the birth of a one of the band members kids. Ironic.

It is a very creepy tale, anyone know anything similar?

(The Radiohead song is really creepy too, especially because it ends with the cry of a child)

The list goes on and on Iheart.

The pied piper is kidnapping all the kids, and we all know what child kidnappers do.

Rockabye baby.....a kid falls out of a tree.

Golidlocks is a burglar.

Hansel and Gretel are murderers.

Any others?

Pinocchio "father" strikes me as a pedophile

Most of them were never "fairytales" for kids to start with, but Middle Age morality tales. Interesting that Ring around the rosie was mentioned, that is actually about the plague.

Beat me too it!

"a pocket full of posies" was describing putting scented flowers into the pockets of the bodies before they burned the bodies, to reduce the smell.

"ashes ashes, we all fall down"

disgusting!!!

Beat me too it!

"a pocket full of posies" was describing putting scented flowers into the pockets of the bodies before they burned the bodies, to reduce the smell.

disgusting!!!

Yep, the "ring around the rosie" was a reference to the round discoloured lesions that the infected got. "Ashes, ashes" was about the black corruption that spewed from virtually everywhere and was a sign that death was imminent. Funny how it's just been morphed into a snippet of song for children. Our language and literature are full of these kinds of things.

Beat me too it!

disgusting!!!

i think it was actually supposed to be atissue attissue (sp?), we all fall down.

Archived