Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ah, Memory Lane... (S.Moss Predictions Last Year)

tehhunter

Even though I'm still relatively new here, I thought it might be interesting to see just how some member predictions turned out about Santana Moss, who, if you hadn't known, broke our franchise receiving record.

If you were somewhat of a sourpuss back then, it's alright, we all were. But just to make sure we never judge a book by it's cover again...

Lets take a trip down Memory Lane, or if you prefer literal names, the 2005 forum archives...

On Rumors of Coles for Moss...

- mookie0720

I would never trade Coles for him.

I wouldn't mind having him as a FA, but he is NOT worth the same as Coles, we'd be getting ripped in that deal.

- ktball74

But, can he take the beating across the middle like Coles did? Coles is a lot tougher IMO!

- timdaley73

Gimme a break all you Santana Moss fans!! What the hell have you guys been smoking comparing Coles to S. Moss...

Remember this guy Santana Moss?!!? Don't get confused with the other Moss (Randy)! This guy is small and have yet to make an impact in the NFL! And to say that LC's toe makes S. Moss an upgrade is ridiculous!! Santana Moss has been INJURY PRONED!! Get off of the bong and pass it to the next fool!

And to absorb the $9 mill and get Santana Moss is not a good trade! There has been no agreement about the pay back and it doesn't seem like there will... So, $9mill cap hit and Santana Moss IS NOT better than LC!

- Saint Joe

Moss is not the receiver Coles is and I don't think anyone can say otherwise. But, to go from releasing Coles all together a few days ago to acquiring a solid receiver in his place, is pretty good.

- trez

We traded a high 1st round draft pick to get Coles, and now we're going to trade him for the dude that we passed over to draft Rod (50-50) Gardner AND take the cap hit. This stinks.

* My Note: This one below is especially funny

- Hooper

No kidding. It's hard to take a screen pass to the house.

- Mad Mike

Seriously though. Mcants is OK for depth but I don't expect him to be anywhere as good as Jacobs in the long run.

IF the deal goes through, the way I see it, Jacobs will be our #2, Moss #3 with our #1 to be determined posibly by whoever is available when we draft.

- Destino

HORRIBLE DEAL if it's straight up. They get a player that hasn't had less then 80 catches since 2002 and has played all 16 games in each year.......we get a guy that has NEVER had 80+ catches and has managed to play all 16 games one year.

This deal is a #1 WR for a #2 straight up.

- SoCalSkins

How long before the honeymoon is over and Moss earns the 50/50 nickname?

- RedskinsNation

Moss is the poor mans Coles....IMO

he's smaller, slightly slower & injury prone...

Either way its better than just cutting Coles if the bonus was waved...time to move on now.

- Henry

Coles for Moss straight up is a deal for the Jets.

From our point of view, I guess it's better to get something than nothing. And cap relief would be nice, too.

This wouldn't thrill me, but I don't think it's going to make or break our season either way.

- TODD

We're getting robbed. Santana Moss is not close to the elite receiver Coles is and we'd be better off fishing in free agency or taking a draft pick from them.

And last but not least, quite an ominous quote...

- Jody

Joe Gibbs is a smart man.

He won't get shafted.

If you accurately predicted Santana's rising this year, congrats. I didn't pick them out just because these quotes are all, frankly, much more hilarious. Enjoy. :logo:

* Maybe we should do something like this for Clinton Portis, too?

It'll be done momentarily..

Sorry, didn't know.

No worries, I figured that, keep the quotes and maybe a link to them so we can see the evidence

It is interesting how our initial reactions can be. I wonder what it would have been when we signed Dana Stubblefield and Dan Wilkinson if ES was around then

No worries, I figured that, keep the quotes and maybe a link to them so we can see the evidence

It is interesting how our initial reactions can be. I wonder what it would have been when we signed Dana Stubblefield and Dan Wilkinson if ES was around then

But... wouldn't the links give away who said it then?

P.S. At least one of these is ES staff.

- Saint Joe

Moss is not the receiver Coles is and I don't think anyone can say otherwise. But, to go from releasing Coles all together a few days ago to acquiring a solid receiver in his place, is pretty good.[/b]

S Joe had it right.... was the scouting that bad that we passed on a guy (Moss) we traded Coles for which cost a 1st rnd pick to get..... and the guy we got we just let walk away (Gardner)

But we have Coles and im Glad for that...Hope the scouting team was released..... :applause:

And last but not least, quite an ominous quote...

If you accurately predicted Santana's rising this year, congrats. I didn't pick them out just because these quotes are all, frankly, much more hilarious. Enjoy. :logo:

* Maybe we should do something like this for Clinton Portis, too?

Park: I did a search on the '05 Archives for 'santana moss' with dates listed ascending, and went up and down a few pages. These are collectively from around 5-6 threads, total, and I did cherrypick alot.

Did the same thing myself. :)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92605&highlight=Moss

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92728&highlight=Moss

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92731&highlight=Moss

This thread reminds me of one of my buddies.

He used to drink a lot and would come home and start an arguement with his wife about whatever came to his mind, I guess.

Anyway, she started tape recording his rants and saved them up for a while.

One day, she caught him sober and played the tape/s back to him.

He quit drinking ;) to this date.

Santana Moss was a wonderful find. We thought Coles was also.

Situations and people change.

I hope Santana and Brandon rape and pillage the backfield of every NFL team for the next 7-8 years :cheers: :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Archived