Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do People's opinon change so much on Free agents?

skinfan2k

i was looking around the board, and i was looking to see how peoples opinon were regarding the free agents and i noticed 1 major thing.

- if the guy resigns with his own ballclub, users will tempt to say that he is washed up and wont be good any more( Bruce)

- if the guy signs with an arch enemy, he wont fit in the schemes and he is getting paid too much ( ive seen this on the boards talking about bentley)

- Last but not least, if the free agent signs with washignton, he is a instant hall of famer, and deserves so much praise that is unneeded.

I think you're also only taking the extreme posts.

Check out the threads re: Sam Madison...most people (myself included) think he's a great pickup for the Giants.

most of the people i know are not the way u r. they assess based on their team. im a realist and will give my fair assessment on every topic

i was looking around the board, and i was looking to see how peoples opinon were regarding the free agents and i noticed 1 major thing.

- if the guy resigns with his own ballclub, users will tempt to say that he is washed up and wont be good any more( Bruce)

- if the guy signs with an arch enemy, he wont fit in the schemes and he is getting paid too much ( ive seen this on the boards talking about bentley)

- Last but not least, if the free agent signs with washignton, he is a instant hall of famer, and deserves so much praise that is unneeded.

Number one and two are usually b/c people originally wanted that player to come here. Not always true, but usually is. Number three is b/c if they sport the B&G they are instant HOFers.:D

"i was looking around the board, and i was looking to see how peoples opinon were regarding the free agents and i noticed 1 major thing.

- Last but not least, if the free agent signs with washignton, he is a instant hall of famer, and deserves so much praise that is unneeded."

Because thats the truth, when they re-sign they eat a black mushroom, that makes them turn old and washed up, when they sign with a arch enemy, the mushroom is green (for money and because its makes us sick) and when they get here...well thats the Burgandy and GOLD mushroom...mostly gold cause thats the kind Danny likes and it represents those gold jackets they wear in the HOF......:D who knows man...just fans being fans..it is pretty silly tho...

:dallasuck

most of the people i know are not the way u r. they assess based on their team. im a realist and will give my fair assessment on every topic

So do folks here.

What you aren't seeing is that there are two kinds of threads.

There are the serious, reasonable football discussion threads (which are encouraged here and everybody takes part in).

Then there are the fanboy threads where folks talk up thier team and slam the opposition (which are also encouraged here and everybody takes part in them).

I really wouldn't read much into any of it. Its either a an expressing thier view or just having a bit of fun.

I'm pretty sure you haven't been looking around the board and seeing that here because we haven't signed anyone since you came on. Last offseason when we were signing folks, say like Moss, most people felt he was a bust and we got hosed in the deal for Coles. You get a pretty realistic assessment from people here, bordering on very harsh. You saw the response to Brandon Lloyd. A lot of people panned him a lot loved him. Same will be if we actually get him.

But, since all this is pretty easy to figure out, how come you couldn't?

I'm pretty sure you haven't been looking around the board and seeing that here because we haven't signed anyone since you came on. Last offseason when we were signing folks, say like Moss, most people felt he was a bust and we got hosed in the deal for Coles. You get a pretty realistic assessment from people here, bordering on very harsh. You saw the response to Brandon Lloyd. A lot of people panned him a lot loved him. Same will be if we actually get him.

ouch that hurts, art. besides i was here, but i never posted anythign for a least a year. i found out about this website soon after my high graduation(jun 04)m, but did not actually become a memeber until the redskins announced they had a new message board besides fans perspective, i wanted to know why people in fact made their minds and brains in this manner?

ouch that hurts, art. besides fans perspective, i wanted to know why people in fact made their minds and brains in this manner?

Likely for the same reason you have chosen to call yourself a "realist" while ignoring any comments that do differ from this narrow area you reference. Likely to hide some insecurity of some sort is why the brain does what shouldn't be done. Like you're guilty of.

I agree with Art. People are plenty real on this board. I'll give you a few scenarios:

Moss: Alot of people thought he would suck.

Brunell: Most people hated that pick up, and still do.

Springs: Most said he was washed up and injury prone.

Clinton Portis: So many hated this trade.

Cornelius Griffin: People were saying that he was a bum.

The list goes on and on. I think if you look around you'll see a lot of the same. What you seem to be asking about is why people have differing opinions. Because I know a lot of people though Bruce was going to be the man, I for one thought he was old and on the decline and didn't want him. So, I guess I fall into that first category you mentioned. The second thing you mentioned, that's just a lot of opinion, which is something that I hear is popular on message boards.

I think overall there's a even mixture of all of thing you pointed out. I think you're exaggerating a bit.

Another thing you have to consider is that not everyone posts in every thread. There are actually relatively few fanatics that praise every Redskins move while criticizing all moves of rivals. You are reading opinions from many different people, and it should be no surprise that on a Redskins message board, you hear more pro-Redskins comments and more anti-Cowboys comments.

What happens is that when the Redskins make a good move, the people who like it will tend to post a lot, and there are a lot of one-liner posts like "sweet!" or "We're going to the Super Bowl!" When the Redskins make a bad move, a lot of people aren't going to say very much ... Redskins fans don't usually pile on against the Redskins. However, if the Giants or the Cowboys make a signing, a lot of people are going to post little one-liner comments.

Individual people aren't necessarily being hypocritical - the community as a whole just tends to speak up more when a move is in the Redskins' best interests.

Likely for the same reason you have chosen to call yourself a "realist" while ignoring any comments that do differ from this narrow area you reference. Likely to hide some insecurity of some sort is why the brain does what shouldn't be done. Like you're guilty of.

Dontcha just love it when Art gets and palsy and mooshy to someone here? Just showing his kinder gentler side again..........

Archived