Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

People refering to the skins as ..we..

novascotiadiesel

I have something to say on this topic. damn straight you can say we when refering to the team you love and support. YOU pay for everything this team is, every bloated salary, every sports car, every wifeswapping party, even and there is absolutly no sarcasm in this bit as I completely admire and respect everything the man does, Joe Gibbs salary. Every fan has the right to say we when talking about the skins, and I am countering every fool who posts gripey remarks ridiculing people who refer to the team they are are passionately a part of as we. We are the skins and make no mistake about it. Bring on any debate on this point.... any and it will be crushed.

go skins

It drives me nuts. I understand the logic there, but for some reason it annoys me. Not just here, but when anyone says it about any team. I don't even say "we" about my college teams or "we" about the Mets and I at least briefly worked for the Norfolk Tides after college (so it would make a little sense).

There is a way to classify the Skins as "we." But there are other classifications where "we" is inappropriate. My Schools referred to the football team as "we" and they were correct in some contexts. "We" the school won championships. But not everyone was the "we" that made it happen....and took those hits......and got hit so hard I could'nt feel my feet touching the ground as I went back to the huddle.....or got a torn ACL..... :laugh:

Sorry...the point is that it's all a matter of context.

JMU 1330

I was with you till i got exposed to fans who totally identify and are apart of their team.*I was living in england for 5 years. and the fans over here are truly nuts about their teams, I love it and it brings extra satisfaction when following a team, you feel everything so much more when you are a part of the team, and it gives a boost to the players when they know they are the vangaurd of a team of hundreds of thousands who are pushing for a championship. Gibbs knows this you can tell every time he talks.

I love the skins and want us to win, lets build on this not crap on it we are the 12th man lets go skins!!!!!

It drives me nuts. I understand the logic there, but for some reason it annoys me. Not just here, but when anyone says it about any team. I don't even say "we" about my college teams or "we" about the Mets and I at least briefly worked for the Norfolk Tides after college (so it would make a little sense).

If you know most there is to know about a group of 53 strapping young men, and don't consider yourself a part of it, then you have a man crush.

"We" is fine as long as "We" LOSE games as well as win them.

It's not ok to do this:

"We won week 1."

"The team lost week 2."

"We won week 3."

If you're on board for the wins, be on board for the losses. Other than that, I have no problem with "We."

If you know most there is to know about a group of 53 strapping young men, and don't consider yourself a part of it, then you have a man crush.

I don't really follow your logic.

Hey, I know this is a losing point of view here, but like I said, it drives me nuts. I'm not sure why.

"We" is fine as long as "We" LOSE games as well as win them.

It's not ok to do this:

"We won week 1."

"The team lost week 2."

"We won week 3."

If you're on board for the wins, be on board for the losses. Other than that, I have no problem with "We."

Agreed. You have to take your lumps too.

Question why do the redskins exist..... because we the fans make it so. we are what causes them to be here at all. as this will always be the ultimate truth of the the redskins we will always have the right and obligation to say we. hope this makes it clearer for you dockery fan total respect to you bro but get on board with really enjoying what supporting the skins has to offer

Yeah. Without the fans, there would be no team, so we have every right to say we. If we want to say we, we have every right to say we because we control the we which is the team. With out our money and patronage, the team dies.

I tend to think that using "we" lessens what the players on the field do.

We think the only people who should say we when referring to the team are the people that wear shoulderpads.

We think the rest of the people that do that sound like fools

So, that would make the coaching staff and the front office staff fools?

I've got 30 years of history as a Redskins fan. I've probably taken many of their losses as hard, if not harder, than many of the players. Whether you like it or not, I consider myself a part of the Redskins, even if I'm not one of the players.

I always say "we" when referring to the skins. Without us there would be no team. I buy paraphenalia from the skins, watch all of the games, so I feel I have the right to say we. And if other people don't like it I don't really care.

I have something to say on this topic. damn straight you can say we when refering to the team you love and support. YOU pay for everything this team is, every bloated salary, every sports car, every wifeswapping party, even and there is absolutly no sarcasm in this bit as I completely admire and respect everything the man does, Joe Gibbs salary. Every fan has the right to say we when talking about the skins, and I am countering every fool who posts gripey remarks ridiculing people who refer to the team they are are passionately a part of as we. We are the skins and make no mistake about it. Bring on any debate on this point.... any and it will be crushed.

go skins

Totally agree. I spend 80-100 dollars on the tickets. I spend 7 bucks per beer. I spend 25-50 on parking. They collect my money on tickets. They collect my money on beer. They collect my money on parking. We can all meet in the middle and say "WE" will win the SuperBowl!

I bought a Dell Computer, can I refer to Dell as WE?

That computer had Windows and Office, can I refer to Microsoft as WE?

I bought an XBox, can I refer to Microsoft as WE?

I've spent thousands on Nike Golf gear, can I refer to Nike as WE?

I root for Tiger Woods week in and week out and have doled out hundreds on gear with TW on it, can I refer to us as WE?

I went to the post office today and shipped a package, when it takes 13 weeks to get there should I say WE took 13 weeks to deliver it?

Technically I'm paying for all this crap and thus funding their business. You pay for and support and the Redskins. You say WE in reference to the Redskins. I think I will start to say WE in reference to all the companies above. As for Tiger Woods, watch out because I think WE will win the Masters. The lengthening of August doesn't scare US. Kinda sounds stupid now huh?

In the end if you feel pathetic enough to have to say WE in reference to a sports team in which you have nothing physically INVESTED, that's your business I really don't mind. My brother does it as do many of my friends, I do'nt think less of them. I stopped doing it because I realized how retarded it was to say WE won the game this weekend while I was sitting on my couch watching a STUPID GAME on TV or say WE signed Cartwright to an extension when I didn't even realize WE were negotiating a new deal and I wasn't forking over any signing bonus money.

Until you are signing the paychecks FOR the Washington Redskins or receiving a paycheck FROM the Washington Redskins you aren't technically a part of the organization. So saying WE did anything in reference to something the REDSKINS did isn't technically the proper way to say it...

Flame Away, but just to reiterate I don't mind people who use WE nor do I think any less of them...misguided as they may be...

Archived