Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't get too excited for free agency....

maxpower_I

Just as a thought about the 2000 season . Who was at the helm one Mr Norv Turner. He was also at the helm over at the Raiders last year when the seamed to be sucking all the big name FA in like Randy Moss, Warren Sapp etc. etc. and then just sucking. I just wonder how much influence Norv had on the decision making in 2000 compared to the actual flack he recived ?

Desmond Howard

That's a draft pick which is a shot in the dark. FA is at least based on proven NFL talent that has been in the league and shown their abilities. I know 2000 was a horrible example of a FA offseason. But remember the moves that have been done since JG return....

Shawn Springs

Cornelious Griffin

Clinton Portis

Greg Williams

Salavea'

Santana Moss

Not exactly bad moves.

His record so far speaks for itself
I dunno, I think Gibbs' signing of Brunell was a disaster from a GM perspective and looked EXACTLY like the stuff Snyder used to do.

Hopefully, he's learned from that and the Lavar dabacle and he can improve his record. But you can't say it wasn't a bumpy start.

The 2000 signings were primarily to build a defense that was at least playoff caliber. This worked. Thing is, it shows fantasy thinking; Snyder thought the offense would be as good in 2000 as it was the last year and the defense was the big hole. Gibbs understands that building a football team is a process, it is not systematic, he knows that finding talent is as much a numbers game as anything else and he has a good grasp of risk management, at least as far as the football field goes.

the only thing different about this off season is that there aren't those type of players out there, most of the WR's available are role players with the exception of T.O. who we will not sign so don't even worry about it, and the only headache DE is abraham who I don't think we have much to trade for. I'm feeling very good about this Off season as of right now, the lavar debacle was a little disheartening but I'm starting to get over it. I'm excited to see how things go, I just hope to see Jerevicious lining up with our boys next season.

Gibbs knows what to look for ...I agree though...a few did not work out....M Barrows is one...but if he was healthy like we thought...I'm sure he would have fit in nice with GW's D.....Steve Spurier was not only a terible coach....he had no idea what to look for in players....as far as i could tell...Steve pulled names out of a hat (guessing) Gibbs and this coaching staff knows what talent they need which will fit with what talent we have now.

Archived