Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't get too excited for free agency....

maxpower_I

Just remember last time we made the playoffs then the next season picked up big name free agents, ala "Neon" "Primetime" Dieon, the aging Bruce Smith, and Cancer Jeff George. We dont need the names, we need players. I trust the organization realizes this.

In Gibbs I Trust.

Just remember last time we made the playoffs then the next season picked up big name free agents, ala "Neon" "Primetime" Dieon, the aging Bruce Smith, and Cancer Jeff George. We dont need the names, we need players. I trust the organization realizes this.

In Gibbs I Trust.

I'm sure we won't go after the grumpy old men this time around.

All these guys lookin to sign abraham, T.O. (for gods sakes no!), issac bruce. its not the name, its how potential new teammates will fit into the schemes. Obviously i dont know these players personally, but thats just another reason why i'm not getting into all the hype of signing a big name FA. I still say we go after Vernon Davis in the draft though. Make it work JG.

In Gibbs I Trust.

you are correct... but everybody has to pass gibbs' muster nowadays..

In Gibbs I Trust.

Just remember.....Joe Gibbs was not on board. I still don't understand why some refuse to show this man the respect he deserves. No, I don't expect miraculous things out of FA. We're still over the cap, and we lost a good LB. However, JG knows what type of player to go after. He drafted Cooley, Sean Taylor, and traded Coles for Moss. His record so far speaks for itself.

All these guys lookin to sign abraham, T.O. (for gods sakes no!), issac bruce. its not the name, its how potential new teammates will fit into the schemes. Obviously i dont know these players personally, but thats just another reason why i'm not getting into all the hype of signing a big name FA. I still say we go after Vernon Davis in the draft though. Make it work JG.

we got the bullets to go after free agents, we don't have the bullets to go after a possible top 10 pick... we are NOT trading away 2 years of draft picks to move up.

the good thing is that this is one of the best drafts for tight ends in years. there will be guys inthe 3rd round who will end up starters..

I"m not saying at all that Gibbs doesn't know what he's doing. I'm just commenting on all of the threads talking about picking up the latest big name FA out there. Its a comment on the idiocy that the off season does to us fans, not on the decisions of coach Gibbs.

I"m not saying at all that Gibbs doesn't know what he's doing. I'm just commenting on all of the threads talking about picking up the latest big name FA out there. Its a comment on the idiocy that the off season does to us fans, not on the decisions of coach Gibbs.

Understood, and fair enough.

In Gibbs I Trust.

Don't worry. Gibbs isn't the kind of coach to go after someone who will not fit here. It wasn't Gibbs who picked those has-beens, just remember that. :cheers:

Good point! Well said. :cheers:

The main difference is the FA class of '00 didn't really fill any needs.

The FAs people on this board want to sign are mostly WRs and DEs...i.e., people wo would fill holes on this team. If the Skins went out after Edge and Ty Law, that would be more like what happened in '00.

FREE AGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M HELLA EXCITED AND WILL BE UNTIL FREE AGENCY IS OVER WITH, BECAUSE THE REDSKINS MADE ALL THOSE MISTAKES WHEN THEY HAD A TERRIBLE HEAD COACH!

Spurrier = A GIANT MORON DURING HIS TENURE IN THE NFL

FREE AGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M HELLA EXCITED AND WILL BE UNTIL FREE AGENCY IS OVER WITH, BECAUSE THE REDSKINS MADE ALL THOSE MISTAKES WHEN THEY HAD A TERRIBLE HEAD COACH!

Spurrier = A GIANT MORON DURING HIS TENURE IN THE NFL

we need da fun and gun our way to miami....................BRING BACK SPURRIER lol.

I agree with going after Vernon. He's the type of player we need. Defenses wont know what to do with their safeties when u have a guy like Vernon Davis. They have to worry about moss over the top, portis in the run game AND all the mismatches that Vernon creates against LB's. And dont forget about Cooley!

I think we should go as far as offering Ramsey, 2nd round, and next years 1st for a draft spot to get him.

lol, thats the most insane trade i have heard in a long time and no one is giving up a top 12 pick this season, especially the Rams or Cardinals that are the front runners to sign a TE marvel like Davis. as awesome as that would be, i don't believe he is worth a 2nd round this season and 1st round next year.

Archived