Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

scout.com five to be released

SkinsNoles21

bowen harris and raymer are only 3 listed

http://redskins.scout.com/2/506507.html

click link for full article

According to multiple sources, Joe Gibbs has contacted five Redskins and has informed them that they will be relased regardless of the outcome of the CBA negotiations. Here we look at the particulars of each player and how the releases will affect the team in 2006.

S Matt Bowen

How acquired: Restricted free agent in 2003

Compensation: Sixth-round selection

2005: Played in 13 games, credited with 1 start (team started with six defensive backs vs. Arizona)

Cap savings: $2 million

CB Walt Harris

How acquired: Unrestricted free agent in 2003

2005: Played in 12 games, starting 11

C Cory Raymer

How acquired: Unrestricted free agent in 2004

2005: Played in three games, no starts

Also expected to be released are two players who spent all of 2005 on injured reserve. In 2004 DT Brandon Noble (savings of $1.7 million) made a remarkable comeback from a serious knee injury the previous season, but had difficulties with the knee in training camp and wound up on IR. Punter Tom Tupa ($667,000) appeared to have the job nailed down before last season following a solid 2004 campaign, but a back injury late in training camp forced the team to put him on IR and sign rookie Derrick Frost.

bowen harris and raymer are only 3 listed

http://redskins.scout.com/2/506507.html

it says that five players will be released regardless of the cba and Joe Gibbs has let the players know
sorry i just wanted to be the first to post a thread finally so i huried, but they only listed 3 of the 5, i dont know who the last 2 are.
oh ok nevermind i see it, noble and tupa are the other two

You know there's an edit.gif button, right? ;)

i wonder why we havent released these guys yet. why tell them they are going to be released and make them wait? other teams have already released the players they dont want, and that atleast gives the players time to look around and other teams a chance to look at the players.

I agree that Bowen is a class act and hopes he resigns at the minimum. I wonder why they're cutting Tupa. I assume it means he never fully recovered from his injury. The savings for him isn't all that great, especially given that Frost mostly sucked.

Lets put it this way, Tupa came into the league in 1988. A good majority of our new posters wern't born yet when he was a rookie! :laugh:

His injury was serious and most likely will force him to hang up the cleats.

The Skins will get a punter in FA or draft one.

Archived