Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Clark's comments

BigBen28

If there is a CBA it is a guarenteed lock that he stays. The only reason he has not signed yet is because we have no idea if we could afford him. I hope he stays too. I like small guys who play big.

I'd like us to Re-Sign Ryan Clark to like a nice solid 3 year deal you know? As much as i like the guy I seriously think he is the next Fred Smoot if he goes to another team.

"I'm a realist," Clark said. "I understand my place in this league. Some people look at my size [officially 5-foot-11, 200] and think I don't belong. I fit this defense. I can't play three yards off the line everywhere. And I haven't forgotten that the Redskins gave me an opportunity when no one else would (after he was cut by the New York Giants in July 2004). I don't want to leave here for a few thousand dollars more and be unhappy. Whatever money I'll make will be more than I've ever earned in my life."

damn thats sweeet man pretty emotional comments

yea i want him to stay get a nice 6 year contract

Clark is the guy I've been most concerned about as one maybe on a bubble that I really want to keep. He hits like a howitzer, he's tough, he's a team guy, he's young, and he's still learning and improving, especially on coverage where he has room to grow.

I love seeing at least one guy say it the way I think it ltoo, which he does in this article where he states he wouldn't leave the 'skins just for some "few thousands of dollars more." And he knows this is the place where he got his chance to shine, and to him that counts.

Clark is the guy I've been most concerned about as one maybe on a bubble that I really want to keep. He hits like a howitzer, he's tough, he's a team guy, he's young, and he's still learning and improving, especially on coverage where he has room to grow.

I love seeing at least one guy say it the way I think it ltoo, which he does in this article where he states he wouldn't leave the 'skins just for some "few thousands of dollars more." And he knows this is the place where he got his chance to shine, and to him that counts.

yeah finding NFL players who are that humble is a rarity and is a true Joe Gibbs' kind of guy

Alright, lots of love for Clark on here, and I completely agree. :point2sky

Not only is he solid, but I see him as a defensive leader for us. I like to see him saying that he wants to stay as well, and since I've heard Joe Gibb's comments about our FA's just giving us a chance to match offers they receive, I gotta think that they'll bring him back.

There have been the rumors about Achelletta(spell check anybody?), but I don't see it happening. I'm not sure which would be cheaper, but Clark has the experience with us, which is what we need.

Alright, lots of love for Clark on here, and I completely agree. :point2sky

Not only is he solid, but I see him as a defensive leader for us. I like to see him saying that he wants to stay as well, and since I've heard Joe Gibb's comments about our FA's just giving us a chance to match offers they receive, I gotta think that they'll bring him back.

There have been the rumors about Achelletta(spell check anybody?), but I don't see it happening. I'm not sure which would be cheaper, but Clark has the experience with us, which is what we need.

Nope, Archuletta? Yea right who told you that?Tank Williams and Troy Vincent both played for Gregg Williams before. If we were gonna replace Ryan Clark(HELL NO) then wed go after one of them.

Let me guess....PFT?lol

I'd much rather have Clark than Archuleta. Guaranteed he's going to be cheaper, he's a hard worker, and he can lay the wood with the best of them. Not to mention, he ended both Eagle games with interceptions (the first more dramatic than the last). Not to mention the Taylor/Clark combo is a ferrocious one.

Those comments prove he's the kind of guy we need here. Wouldn't it have been nice to hear Pierce say something like that? Thanks to the Redskins for giving me a chance when nobody else would? :doh: Instead he reams us...jerk. They should re-sign Clark for that fact only. What a class act!!

clark wil return, royal i'm not so sure.

as we've discussed, saunders likes a big TE who is a good RECEIVER off the line, something that royal certainly is not. we all know he had some trouble last year hanging onto the ball, but is a really good team guy so i bet he will return next year.

gosh those quotes in that article were so sweet......i hope he stays....i don't think i ever felt he wasn't able to cover someone....i have full confidence in him and i sure hope he comes back!!!!!

He's an awesome, positive team player, a monster hitter, and of course, a Superhero. He's GOT to stay!! I'm praying nightly he does. And I'm serious. I've asked other friends to pray that Ryan Clark stays with the Redskins. They don't know who the heck he is or anything about the Skins, but they've obliged. :D

He's an awesome, positive team player, a monster hitter, and of course, a Superhero. He's GOT to stay!! I'm praying nightly he does. And I'm serious. I've asked other friends to pray that Ryan Clark stays with the Redskins. They don't know who the heck he is or anything about the Skins, but they've obliged. :D
:laugh: :laugh: ur crazy....maybe i should start forcing my friends to pray too!!!! but yeah....RYAN CANNOT LEAVE!!! He's our Superhero!!!!!!!!!! What will Patty and curious george do without him??? :silly:

Nope, Archuletta? Yea right who told you that?Tank Williams and Troy Vincent both played for Gregg Williams before. If we were gonna replace Ryan Clark(HELL NO) then wed go after one of them.

Let me guess....PFT?lol

Actually, it was Inmate's prediction from Miss Cleo just recently. :laugh:

He also quoted an article that somebody from the Skins FO expressed interest to the Rams, but who really knows?

I haven't heard much from the Redskins FO about how bad they want to keep him.

That is a great sign! P

Hopefully no other team recognizes him for the intangibles he brings. That way, we can sign him cheaper! :)

Hopefully, the Archuleta thing (and the Isaac Bruce talk) are just smokescreens to cover what we are really doing!

Archived