Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP/Wilbon - In the Blame Game, It Goes Both Ways

JimmiJo

Sorry, it isn't a fact that the Redskins wanted to get rid of Lavar, unless you are calling Gibbs a liar.

And it is pathetic to read people defending Lavar when the emperor has no clothes.

Are you Redskins fans, or Lavar fans?

Jason

Are you a Santana Moss fan?.................... for now huh?

I am a skins fan but I will still root for Lavar as long as he isn't in Dallas and as long as he isn't playing us that Sunday.

Interesting that there are players on both sides of the ball that have suffered pretty much the same thing LaVar did, but yet none of their growth seems to be stunted. I guess Wilbon forgot that part.

Who? Was is still around when Arrington was drafted? Samuels, and his career has been marred by inconsistency. The Pro Bowl one year, hated the next. If anything, he further proves Wilbon's point.

I don't know about that. Except in 1999, when Champ was a rookie, our defense was never our problem. (Before GW, and the fluke of '99, all three sides of the ball were our problem)

What??? Are you serious? The only reason we even made the playoffs in '99 was because we had the #2 offense in the league. Our defense was horrible. Which was why we drafted Lavar, and signed Mark Carrier, Deion Sanders, and Bruce Smith in 2000. Went ranked 30th in the league to 5th.

Does it matter who wrote it? It's "truer" then any post we've hasd on thre matter.

Thanks WB.... Well done

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

My thoughts exactly. :applause: People can pretend that LA leaving means nothing, but most fans will miss #56 on the field. You can count on that.

You can say it was his doing or his wanting to leave, but if you read the article you will see that all the BS he has encounted here over the last six years had a lot to do with him giving back $4 million. It is quite tragic if you ask me because once the team finally looks like a glimmer of hope, they get rid of him and then they try to give him a bad name. :doh: Shame! Shame! Shame!

You can say it was his doing or his wanting to leave, but if you read the article you will see that all the BS he has encounted here over the last six years had a lot to do with him giving back $4 million. It is quite tragic if you ask me because once the team finally looks like a glimmer of hope, they get rid of him and then they try to give him a bad name. :doh: Shame! Shame! Shame!

The team never said anything about Lavar. They still don't. Dale Lindsey came out yesterday and cleared up a few lies LaVar was telling. No more, no less. LaVar has been lying to the public ever since the contract mess started and his apologists just keep eating it all up and asking for more. I've never seen people so polarized by a guy did so little to deserve it.

He even lied about not knowing why he was being benched. A player and two coaches called him out on it and still people eat his mess and tell him how good it is.

I just don't get it.

I just find it really interesting that all along Lavar was preaching to anyone who would listen about how he'll always be a Redskin, or he'll retire before he plays for another team...I mean his words.

But when it came down to it, it was he who gave up his money to get out. When he had the chance to come back, injury free and dominate, yet he chose door number two. Does everyone just gloss over this fact? I'm not saying that he wouldn't have a good reason to go but the guy has some serious bi polar issues going on.

I find it funny that when Shawn Springs is asked who his favorite team is he smiles and says Dan writes my Pay Check.

"Five coaches in five seasons is an environment conducive to getting the best out of anyone?"

So, if Lavar moves to another team, won't that be 6 coaches in 6 seasons? Based on this quote, wouldn't that be less conducive to getting the best out of everyone?

Yes but hopefully he would be more appreciated and utilized. Besides, not all teams have a stud LB like Holdman. :rolleyes:

Let's see.

Lavar will soon be going to a new team.

That new team will have a Defensive Coordinator that is new to Lavar.

That DC will have a scheme that is new to Lavar.

Will the new team accept that built-in excuse if he doesn't perform up to their expectations?

No way.

But we should have?

Give me a break.

Lost among the Lavar hating and mindless excuses why it was all arrington's fault, it the fact that Wilbon never mentioned how he will do in his new scheme whereever he goes, but WHY HE NEVER LIVED UP TO THE HYPE HERE. Maybe you people realize that but can't seem to admit it.

Furthermore, maybe Lavar can actually live up to expectations when he'll likely be in a system, AND PLAY, for longer than one season.

Yes but hopefully he would be more appreciated and utilized. Besides, not all teams have a stud LB like Holdman. :rolleyes:

There is nothing that indicates, by any stretch of the imagination, that Warrick Holdman will be the starting WSLB next year. That's just weak.

Football's a team sport. It's not about designing a scheme completely just to fit one player. There are 11 guys on the Defense at one time and it can't always be about one guy's stats and ego.

I don't think Gibbs is a liar. I don't think Gibbs is always completely truthful either.

Anyone who had ever watched sports should have known that Lavar was in his last year with the Redskins last October. Whatever song and dance Gibbs and Williams were giving to the media was not reflective of reality.

And that's fine. Gibbs has every right to decide who is on the team and who is not on the team. But I find the idea that everything Gibbs says to the media and the fans as gospel to be the height of absurdity.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

It is funny how every one else is a liar except the great Joe Gibbs. :applause: :applause: The great Joe Gibbs does not have to worry about the PR side of the business which leads to going around giving straight answers to questions.

It is funny how every one else is a liar except the great Joe Gibbs. :applause: :applause: The great Joe Gibbs does not have to worry about the PR side of the business which leads to going around giving straight answers to questions.

No one is saying everyone else is a liar except Coach Gibbs.

It's the opposite. Everyone else has told one story, but LaVar has been lying to people for two years and they still believe him. The only common denominator since all this started has been LaVar.

Two Coaches and a player called him out on it. Still, you all believed him.

It's like the "everyone's crazy except me" argument, with LaVar being his favorite first-person pronoun.

There is nothing that indicates, by any stretch of the imagination, that Warrick Holdman will be the starting WSLB next year. That's just weak.

Football's a team sport. It's not about designing a scheme completely just to fit one player. There are 11 guys on the Defense at one time and it can't always be about one guy's stats and ego.

Weak??? Make me right if I am wrong wasn't Holdman the LB starting in place of Arrington??? Plus, given our cap situation and the LBs that we have on the roster, who is going to replace Arrington?? Arrington was a playmaker. Period. Yes, he had a rough couple of years due to injury. But next year he would have been a beast. :doh:

You can make all the excuses you want about his ego or his situation. And yet you ignore that fact that GW probably has the biggest ego on the entire team (coaches included). :doh: Sure, there is a lot of BS surrounding this situation both Arrington's doing and the FO. That is the politics of the game. We probably will never really know the truth. But you cannot tell me that his treatment last season, and the five seasons before that, did not play a major role in his decision. You can make Joe and GW out to be saints all you want. But deep down you know this is some BS. :hammer:

By the way, I am not one the believes that the Williams should have redid his Defense to center around Arrington. Of course that would be stupid. However, I find it hard to believe that starting Holdman was better for the team, especially in Denver. :2cents:

Weak??? Make me right if I am wrong wasn't Holdman the LB starting in place of Arrington??? Plus, given our cap situation and the LBs that we have on the roster, who is going to replace Arrington?? Arrington was a playmaker. Period. Yes, he had a rough couple of years due to injury. But next year he would have been a beast. :doh:

The teams cap situation isn't anywhere near as precarious as the media would have anyone believe. There's nothing that indicates Holdman will be the starter next year.

The same time, there's nothing to say LaVar will be a "beast" next year, regardless the team.

Holdman started because, according to Gregg Williams, Lavar's knee still wasn't quite right. He had trouble side-to-side. Now, whether Williams was covering and LaVar didn't really "get" the scheme, that's up to people to decide what they want to believe.

Williams said LaVar was injured and LaVar, in highsight, said that he finally realized he wasn't 100% after x, y and z happened.

Lost among the Lavar hating and mindless excuses why it was all arrington's fault, it the fact that Wilbon never mentioned how he will do in his new scheme whereever he goes, but WHY HE NEVER LIVED UP TO THE HYPE HERE. Maybe you people realize that but can't seem to admit it.

What in the world are you talking about?

Why would Wilbon mention how he will do in a new scheme? That would be pure speculation. Nobody knows that, not even Mr. Wilbon.

He did, however, got to great lengths to detail all of the changes that Lavar had to suffer.

My question was aimed at how his performance would be characterized at the end of next season IF he fell short of his new teams expectations considering that he will be, once again, in another new scheme with another new DC.

I'm not sure who the "you people" are that you're accusing of "Lavar hating" and of making "mindless excuses" but.....if you are referring to me (since you quoted my post) then you couldn't be further off the mark. I don't hate Lavar and I've said so here many times.

I do very strongly feel that he did not perform up to the level of his contract and have no doubts that the money will be spent in better ways.

Therefore, YOU are wrong. Can you admit that?

The teams cap situation isn't anywhere near as precarious as the media would have anyone believe. There's nothing that indicates Holdman will be the starter next year.

The same time, there's nothing to say LaVar will be a "beast" next year, regardless the team.

Holdman started because, according to Gregg Williams, Lavar's knee still wasn't quite right. He had trouble side-to-side. Now, whether Williams was covering and LaVar didn't really "get" the scheme, that's up to people to decide what they want to believe.

Williams said LaVar was injured and LaVar, in highsight, said that he finally realized he wasn't 100% after x, y and z happened.

Ntotoro, all that you are saying is neiher here nor there. Let's just agree to disagree because there is nothing you can say to make me believe that Arrington is not a hell of an athlete and will not be for years to come. Additionally, you cannot tell me that GW is a total saint in this situation.

Rather the injury is to blame or not. This whole situation is BS to me. :rolleyes:

What in the world are you talking about?

Why would Wilbon mention how he will do in a new scheme? That would be pure speculation. Nobody knows that, not even Mr. Wilbon.

He did, however, got to great lengths to detail all of the changes that Lavar had to suffer.

My question was aimed at how his performance would be characterized at the end of next season IF he fell short of his new teams expectations considering that he will be, once again, in another new scheme with another new DC.

I'm not sure who the "you people" are that you're accusing of "Lavar hating" and of making "mindless excuses" but.....if you are referring to me (since you quoted my post) then you couldn't be further off the mark. I don't hate Lavar and I've said so here many times.

I do very strongly feel that he did not perform up to the level of his contract and have no doubts that the money will be spent in better ways.

Therefore, YOU are wrong. Can you admit that?

I apologize for taking your statement out of context. I thought you were avoiding Wilbon's actual point and trying to find a way to bash Lavar. Not that I care, you could check my post history to see I've been on both sides of this debate for the past two years. Which is why I agree with Wilbon that both sides are at fault.

Also, if fans of Lavar's new team diss him as much as our fanbase has for not living up to expectations, that would be their mistake. I don't feel his new coaching staff will give up on him so easily. Hell, he might even return to all-pro form in his first season...depending on what role they will have him play.

I don't feel his new coaching staff will give up on him so easily. Hell, he might even return to all-pro form in his first season...depending on what role they will have him play.

Thanks.

I'm just not convinced that this staff gave up on him quickly or easily. I'm not sure that coaches go out of their way to minimize a players role if he is such a great talent. This didn't happen overnight.

Lavar was the highest paid player on the team (wasn't he?) and his performance did not match that level. It seems to me that after all of the seasons he was here people STILL talk about his potential more than his performance.

I agree with you that there is probably enough blame to go around, that both sides need to share in it. But just like in the real world it's a persons responsibility to impress their parents/teachers/job supervisors, not the other way around. Apparently, Lavar didn't do that.

Thanks.

I'm just not convinced that this staff gave up on him quickly or easily. I'm not sure that coaches go out of their way to minimize a players role if he is such a great talent. This didn't happen overnight.

Lavar was the highest paid player on the team (wasn't he?) and his performance did not match that level. It seems to me that after all of the seasons he was here people STILL talk about his potential more than his performance.

I agree with you that there is probably enough blame to go around, that both sides need to share in it. But just like in the real world it's a persons responsibility to impress their parents/teachers/job supervisors, not the other way around. Apparently, Lavar didn't do that.

When Lavar got to play, he out performed the person replacing him. I mean I've played football and coached it also. I don't know all their defensive so called packages abd schemes but I damn sure know when a player isn't making plays which Warrick Holdman wasn't. A non playmaking Weakside backer that was doing nothing.

Archived