Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AOL has a list of top ten free agents.

bbuzz1962

Ummm, Edge is number 7 and Vinitieri is number 2??? And Josh McCown is number 4?

That is absurd.

Vinitieri, IMO gets more undeserved credit than any other player in the League. He kicked two last second 35 yard figgies indoors. Woopdeedoo. If it weren't for the kick in the snow (and the NE groundscrew pretty much plowed all of the snow off the field before that kick) no one would even know his name.

If the Redskins throw away big bucks on a PK when they have needs at WR, OL, and DL, I'll be unhappy.

Ummm, Edge is number 7 and Vinitieri is number 2??? And Josh McCown is number 4?

That is absurd.

Vinitieri, IMO gets more undeserved credit than any other player in the League. He kicked two last second 35 yard figgies indoors. Woopdeedoo. If it weren't for the kick in the snow (and the NE groundscrew pretty much plowed all of the snow off the field before that kick) no one would even know his name.

If the Redskins throw away big bucks on a PK when they have needs at WR, OL, and DL, I'll be unhappy.

The field goal he kicked in the second superbowl was 48 yards, and would have been good from 55. How can you say this man isn't clutch when it comes to scoring and kickoffs. We can't seem to get a kicker who can get the ball past the 20 yard line lately. This team needs a solid kicker. Hall has been so wishy washy with his kicks, when he does kick off, if not injured.

There a lot of teams and people that would disagree with your perception of him. Ask the Patriots if he is worth the money. He has only won 2 Superbowls with game ending kicks. That is a lot of pressure on anyone, and when it counts, this man delivers. Look at his FG percantage, and kick off yardage. I would give him the #1 position on FA. Just my opinion. Drew Brees is number 1? He can't win a playoff game, or even get his team to the playoffs like last season. Talk about an over rated player.

The thing with Vinitieri is he's preasure proven. That's what you really want in a kicker, and it makes things a lot easier for the coach. Would you really want to go deep into the playoffs with an unproven rookie kicker? That's why his value is so high.

That is absurd.

Ask Scott Norwood how much credit Vinatieri deserves. ;)

The field goal he kicked in the second superbowl was 48 yards, and would have been good from 55. How can you say this man isn't clutch when it comes to scoring and kickoffs. We can't seem to get a kicker who can get the ball past the 20 yard line lately. This team needs a solid kicker. Hall has been so wishy washy with his kicks, when he does kick off, if not injured.

There a lot of teams and people that would disagree with your perception of him. Ask the Patriots if he is worth the money. He has only won 2 Superbowls with game ending kicks. That is a lot of pressure on anyone, and when it counts, this man delivers. Look at his FG percantage, and kick off yardage. I would give him the #1 position on FA. Just my opinion. Drew Brees is number 1? He can't win a playoff game, or even get his team to the playoffs like last season. Talk about an over rated player.

although i agree with you, when you say ask the patriots if he is worth the money you are proving his point. (think about it)

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20040921122309990001

This is a link to the news source. I would like to get Adam Venetari.

What a solid kicker. Man that would be a load off the kicking game. Can you imagine having him in those close games where we missed a couple of field goals?

Wow this is one of lamest free agent lists I've ever seen. Reminds me of a fantasy football magazine I saw this past preseason that listed Drew Bennett as the #1 fantasy WR in the whole league. ??

AOL is so weak.

That is absurd.

:applause: :applause: I agree with you totally. Plus when did AOL become the world wide leaders in sports news. :rolleyes:

Why so much hate for AOL?? They are a huge media company. Remember it is also Time/Warner as well, the largest magazine group in the world. They have many sports writers within this group. I think the panel is edging towards Vinatari receiving his rank. While there are a lot of Edge fans, remember his on the largest choke team of all times, the Indy Colts. He is also one of those players who seem to do great during the season, just to be a no show during the playoffs.

The one thing I think got lost in this post is the fact that we had so many close games that went into the loss column for us. Remember the Tampa game by one point? Remeber the kick that Hall missed shortly before the scoring drive that Tampa won the game on? That is just one game. We had the same scenarios in the Denver, and Kansas City games. No one is going to convince me otherwise had we had Vinitari last season, our record would have been at least 12-4. That would have given us a week off, and only two games to get into the Superbowl. I know, what if scenarios can always make you better, but this is one that I am sure would have made a huge difference for this team last year.

Archived