Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, Looks like Inmate was right...

fdarugar

Redskins | Team interested in Archuleta

Sun, 5 Mar 2006 14:47:21 -0800

Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports the Washington Redskins are interested in free agent S Adam Archuleta (Rams).

------------------------------------------------------

Just on kffl hot off the wire...

Put him next to Sean and the hits in the middle of the field will be disgusting. I like it...

I know he hits like a ton of bricks, but hows his coverage? I don't remember hearing as much about that. Also, I'm rather fond of Ryan Clark, myself. I think he and ST do quite well.

He is probably at Clarks level or a little bit below it, in terms of coverage...But this guys potential is huge, and with Williams' coaching we could only get better. I think he would be an improvement over Clark but I love Clarks heart.

I know he hits like a ton of bricks, but hows his coverage? I don't remember hearing as much about that. Also, I'm rather fond of Ryan Clark, myself. I think he and ST do quite well.

He has three career INTs...clark had that alone this past year i believe.

Archuleta could be great if he comes here. The Rams have always been a strong offensive team, and weak on the defensive side. If anybody can take care of and improve the big monster that is Archuleta, it is Williams. Also, I wouldn't mind this move as Clark did ok at his role, but I believe his coverage leaves a lot to be desired. (For example, the Seahawks playoff game) From a physical standpoint alone, Archuleta is the better candidate.

All this is well and good but according to the media we are just going to be under the cap, and we won't be able to do a thing in Free Agency. Seriously that's what Lenny P said on ESPN Radio this morning and we know we can trust him. :rolleyes:

Archuleta strikes me as a big name, but I think Clark may be the better fit for us. Clark is a vicious hitter as well, folks need to remember.

Exactly..i really think that ryan clark would be the better fit..playing wise and personality wise..he is also much younger and comes at a cheaper price

2005 stats ftom NFL.com

Archuleta---Clark

Games: 14 ---13

Tackles:53 ---42

Assisted:17 ---15

Sacks:3.5 ----0.5

Interceptions:1--3

TD: 1 ---------- 0

Passes Deflected:2--2

Fumbles forced:0--2

Archuleta is a little bit taller but he is two years older then Clark. Id stick with Clark, he's got better coverage skills, we already have ST to tackle their lights out.

2005 stats ftom NFL.com

Archuleta---Clark

Games: 14 ---13

Tackles:53 ---42

Assisted:17 ---15

Sacks:3.5 ----0.5

Interceptions:1--3

TD: 1 ---------- 0

Passes Deflected:2--2

Fumbles forced:0--2

Archuleta is a little bit taller but he is two years older then Clark. Id stick with Clark, he's got better coverage skills, we already have ST to tackle their lights out.

Nice stats comparison:applause:

Archived