Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Star Wars film? - For Rincewind

AbleDanger

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It's tough to say. What am I basing it on? A well-written script? I'd probably have to go with Episode 5. The overall movie, including some sort of resolution at the end? Episode 4. Just plain fun, complete with speeder bike chases? Episode 6.

Probably The Empire Strikes Back, but possibly A New Hope.

And the other three? They shouldn't even be on the poll. I don't know what you're talking about, because George Lucas never made them. ;)

A New Hope is really really good, and Empire is good as well. I'll always have a soft spot for Return of the Jedi, however, because Carrie Fisher in a bikini was fan-tastic!!! :D :D :D

agreed.

and that's one of many reasons ep. vi should have been the best. i once heard that the ewoks were actuaully supposed to be the wookies, but it was changed for kid friendliness. if that's true, it was a big mistake.

vi had it all. t & a, good battles, lightsaber duels, redemption for vader, luke and leia found out they're brother and sisters..............

then the ewoks take out storm troopers by throwing friggin' rocks. :mad:

My personal order:

V: Empire Strikes Back

III: Revenge of the Sith

IV: A New Hope

II: Attack of the Clones

I: The Phantom Menace

VI: The Muppets Saved Endor

VI really is the worst in my opinion. Without the Ewoks it still needed some work. Harrison Ford mailed it in and they should have had the Falcon go down with the Death Star like originally planned.

My personal order:

V: Empire Strikes Back

III: Revenge of the Sith

IV: A New Hope

II: Attack of the Clones

I: The Phantom Menace

VI: The Muppets Saved Endor

VI really is the worst in my opinion. Without the Ewoks it still needed some work. Harrison Ford mailed it in and they should have had the Falcon go down with the Death Star like originally planned.

our order is the same, except our view on 6.

death to the falcon? blasphemy. the falcon is still a major player, 30 years later in the novels.

The official order is

Empire

New Hope

Return

the other three in any order

are you seriously trying to say that there is no difference in ep i-iii?

iii is way better than the first two. you can't just arbitrarily dismiss the prequels. at least not while you're claiming "official order." ;)

are you seriously trying to say that there is no difference in ep i-iii?

iii is way better than the first two. you can't just arbitrarily dismiss the prequels. at least not while you're claiming "official order." ;)

Sure I can. The prequels fell way short of any mark set by the OT. Ep3 was campy and overdone. The emperor was almost a cartoon version of the man we saw in the OT.

Really, for my money, ep 1 feels most like a SW flick, but even so, it suffers from trying to reach too young an audience. Jar Jar Binks and Anakin "lets see what this button does" were just too goofy for my taste.

Ep2 was ok, but had that forced love story which didnt work at all.

Sure I can. The prequels fell way short of any mark set by the OT. Ep3 was campy and overdone. The emperor was almost a cartoon version of the man we saw in the OT.

Really, for my money, ep 1 feels most like a SW flick, but even so, it suffers from trying to reach too young an audience. Jar Jar Binks and Anakin "lets see what this button does" were just too goofy for my taste.

not officially was all i was saying.

i agree with you on i and ii, but iii was fast moving and action packed. filled in alot of holes, imo.

i do feel, however, that the prequels suffered from a false sense of what iv-vi were. most star wars fans were very young, and they have a warped perception of the "cinematic masterpieces."

Thanks Able!

I gotta go with Jedi. I know most people hate the ewoks, but they didn't really bother me. But, there is also a place in my heart for a New Hope - i mean it did start it all.

As for the prequels - didn't really care for them. They seem to be more about specific scenes. I have to say though - the lightsaber duel at the end of Phantom is my favorite scene in any of the 6 movies.

:cheers:

I'm pretty fond of Return of the Jedi myself. Despite the death of one of my favorite characters within the first half hour of the movie (Boba Fett, although I heard he escaped the Saarlac later in the novels), it has the best space battle that I can remember in any of the films. That massive Rebel fleet with the Mon Calamari cruisers and the new A-Wings and B-Wings vs the Executioner and all of the Star Destroyers? Awesome. Call me crazy, but for some reason I prefer how that scene was created to the special-effects laden space battle scenes in the newer trilogy, they're impressive and all but I just can't help but think "those are great special effects" rather than "this is a great battle scene." The ewoks didn't really bother me either despite their over-the-top "cuteness," although I would have much rather seen Wookies instead. My least favorite is probably Episode I, I was bothered a little bit by the scientific reasoning behind the Force, I prefered it just being some kind of mystical power, and the way Anakin was written was so obnoxious, and it all came to a head when he managed to save the day by hitting lucky buttons in that hanger :doh: . Although the pod-racing scene was fantastic, probably one of the best action scenes of that entire trilogy.

Guest sith lord
As a sith lord though, I'd say your opinion is biased.

Kind of funny, but I really didn't take into account that those were the only 2 episodes where the sith outright won. :)

Jedi doesn't get enought respect. That's the one I voted for. I think the reason Empire gets so much props is because people who like Star Wars try way too hard to take it way too seriously. Empire is the easiest Stars Wars movie to do that with.

Jedi is all about the fun of the series, and it's done in a very good way.

Jedi doesn't get enought respect. That's the one I voted for. I think the reason Empire gets so much props is because people who like Star Wars try way too hard to take it way too seriously. Empire is the easiest Stars Wars movie to do that with.

Jedi is all about the fun of the series, and it's done in a very good way.

I like Jedi alot, but the Ewoks make me rate it a little lower. The Ewoks, IMO, were the worst part of the entire saga, even worse than Jar Jar.

But again, I like all of the movies, so there's not much difference between them IMO. :cheers:

Archived