Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fins Source: "Ramsey just a backup."

Throwin64

Don't they have to get a starter before projecting a guy at back-up? I mean I think the Dolphins are on the right path and closed out last season incredibly well, but Ferrotte and Rosenfelds aren't the guys to lead them.

Ramsey would be the best Redskin cast-away on that roster.

Don't they have to get a starter before projecting a guy at back-up? I mean I think the Dolphins are on the right path and closed out last season incredibly well, but Ferrotte and Rosenfelds aren't the guys to lead them.

Ramsey would be the best Redskin cast-away on that roster.

I read it as they are NOT interested in him BECAUSE they project him as a backup.:(

"Washington's Patrick Ramsey also has drawn consideration, but a source said the Dolphins project him as a backup."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolphins03mar03,0,969268.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

LOL - given that they are reportedly in discussion (read negotiation) with us re Ramsey and want to give up as little as possible then this source is hardly likely to start saying he thinks Ramsey is the next Dan Marino now is he ......

Not surpise. Anyone that wants PR will project him as backup = low salary, but he'll get chance to compete for the job. If he stinks, they loose pretty much nothing and can easily let him go. While, QBs like Brees will be project as starter = huge salary and pretty much guarantee to start.

I have a feeling more teams consider Ramsey a project than a savior. :2cents:

Yep. We need to be realistic. How many teams would want MB as a starter? I would say "few if any." And, PR can't even beat him out. Doesn't look good outside of Skins fans.

Earlier in the week sources in Miami were saying that Drew Brees and Patrick Ramsey were the only two QBs available that team management see as an upgrade to Gus and Sage. Now, you hear Ramsey's only a back-up caliber player? Either, he's a back-up player caliber who they still feel is better than what they have or the team is trying to play down their interest in hopes of stealing him on the cheap. I'll go ahead and vote for #2.

JG will not allow Pat to go to a team unless he has a good chance of starting, if all he is to be used for is a backup, the he might as well stay at the skins and the team save on buying his replacement.

The Skins are letting Ramsey and his agent pick the team. He will go to the team that gives him the best chance to start. I think Ramsey doesn't want to stay here and be third on the depth chart.

That's just a bunch of posturing. I really hope Ramsey does well, not in our division. But Ramsey is a first class guy. He may have some things he needs to work on (like not staring down his primary and learning to how to put touch on a pass) but I think he'll get there and be a good QB for someone.

I still like Pat, hate see him go but it is what it is......Miami hasnt seen a QB like him since Dan sat down... they should feel lucky to have him....

WTF?

Griese and Ferotte are better QB's than Ramsey.

Hell, when Fiedler was playing well he was better.

Archived