Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JANSEN restructures-NFL Network

REDMAN7

hmmm..... i really wonder how other teams are holding up compared to us. I am 100% amazed at our players willing to restructure their contracts. I didn't believe we'd have nearly this many. B4 i check more threads about this does anyone know of any teams that would be crippled if there isn't an extension? crippled may be to strong a word but i believe you know where im aiming with this question!

Didnt the Titans do some big deal with McNair?

I think they worked something that keeps him in Tenn till '06 or '07. But I haven't heard anything like the extensive reworking the Redskins and players have been doing. Its really a testament to the kind of guys that Gibbs wants to have here.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Bram and Czaban said on 7 PM WTEM that Noble is contemplating retirement because of injuries and now a staph infection in the knee area, Tupa has a back issue apparently.

Didn't we know that Noble was almost assuredly retiring as early as the training camp in '05? I'm surprised that he wasn't dumped from the books long before now.

Dirk, Jansen got his butt handed to him in a number of games this year. Against the Raiders (Burgess), against the Chiefs (Allen), and a few other games that I don't care to research at the moment :)

Dominant right tackles don't have that many off-games. Jansen, to me, is an average player. He'll have a few decent games... and he'll have a few bad ones. With his size tough... the guy should be DOMINATING people. So he's a bit of a disappointment to me. Still, a great guy though...

But if we could upgrade... as long as it is a NOTICEABLE TALENT UPGRADE... I'd do it. Otherwise, I'd keep him... because I like everything else about him.

you only bring up his pass blocking when discussing his play, when we ran most of our
running
plays behind him and Dockery

what he lacks in pass protection (with broken thumbs, I remind you), he makes up for in run blocking

Yes, he'd probably start for about half the teams in the league. If only because there are a lot of crappy teams in the league right now :) I just don't think he's a dominant right tackle... and I believe he should be.

Die Hard, have to agree to disagree, I'd say no more than 5 teams. There is now way you can name 15 teams. Your pointing out two bad games the guy had. Its easy to pick out bad plays from a lineman but hard to remember the good, this guy was rock this year, imagine how good he will be with to good hands.

Come on, I haven't forgotten that he had 2 broken thumbs last year :) And no, Allen plays the left side. At least he did all game against the Skins.

I watch a lot of Jansen during the games. And I think if you focus on him squarely, you'd be surprised at how easily he gets handled. Trust me, it hurts me to say that.

you only bring up his pass blocking when discussing his play, when we ran most of our
running
plays behind him and Dockery

what he lacks in pass protection (with broken thumbs, I remind you), he makes up for in run blocking

I wish we could sit down in a room together during games... and talk about it. It's too hard given the circumstances... unless we have a video feed into a computer.. and a person broke down clips of every play. And we can evaluate each play.

To be truthful, I haven't really evaluating his run blocking. Mostly, his pass blocking... and to bruicici... don't insult me :) It was more than 2 games bro.. I just don't want to go through the stat book.

I wish we could sit down in a room together during games... and talk about it. It's too hard given the circumstances... unless we have a video feed into a computer.. and a person broke down clips of every play. And we can evaluate each play.

To be truthful, I haven't really evaluating his run blocking. Mostly, his pass blocking... and to bruicici... don't insult me :) It was more than 2 games bro.. I just don't want to go through the stat book.

Insulting you :doh: The guys had 3 poor games this year. Chiefs, 1st Giants game (the whole team stunk that one up) and the Raiders (again the whole offense stunk that game). I'm still curious if you can name more than 5 teams the guy couldn't start on?

Insulting you :doh: The guys had 3 poor games this year. Chiefs, 1st Giants game (the whole team stunk that one up) and the Raiders (again the whole offense stunk that game). I'm still curious if you can name more than 5 teams the guy couldn't start on?

Here's a list of 13 teams with Right Tackles that would probably keep the guy they got there now... than take Jon Jansen if he was available tomorrow.

W. Anderson - Bengals

G. Foster - Broncos

R. Diem - Colts

M. Williams - Jaguars

R. Gallery - Raiders

J. Gross - Carolina

F. Miller - Chicago

M. Tauscher - Green Bay

Jammal Brown - New Orleans

K. McKenzie - Giants

J. Runyan - Eagles

Kwame Harris - San Francisco

Alex Barron - St. Louis

Jansen is SOLID.

As a man, a teammate, and a friend.

You never hear of him making 'bad" headlines.

Restructuring and gutting it out this year with the thumbs...tough as hell.

And look how he stayed loyal to Patrick and the coaches during the whole Patrick benching.

He's a class act and I am proud he's a Redskin.

HAIL !!

Here's a list of 13 teams with Right Tackles that would probably keep the guy they got there now... than take Jon Jansen if he was available tomorrow.

W. Anderson - Bengals

G. Foster - Broncos

R. Diem - Colts

M. Williams - Jaguars

R. Gallery - Raiders

J. Gross - Carolina

F. Miller - Chicago

M. Tauscher - Green Bay

Jammal Brown - New Orleans

K. McKenzie - Giants

J. Runyan - Eagles

Kwame Harris - San Francisco

Alex Barron - St. Louis

Really? All of those guys? A young Kwame Harris and an aging John Runyan? Id rather have Jansen than Foster, Diem, Gallery, Miller, Tauscher, Runyan, and Harris. Willie Anderson is the only one on that list I would say is outright better than him. The others I could go either way on.

Now if you are talking just from a continuity stand point, then I can see your point. But taking everything else to be equal, I dont think many of those guys are actually better than Jon.

Really? All of those guys? A young Kwame Harris and an aging John Runyan? Id rather have Jansen than Foster, Diem, Gallery, Miller, Tauscher, Runyan, and Harris. Willie Anderson is the only one on that list I would say is outright better than him. The others I could go either way on.

Now if you are talking just from a continuity stand point, then I can see your point. But taking everything else to be equal, I dont think many of those guys are actually better than Jon.

You know Jon Jansen is now 30 years old right? Time flies don't it? How many more years do you think he has? 4 more? I guarantee you Runyan has at least 2 more.

Thanks brother... Joe Gibbs is my all-time favorite 'Skin. Jim Lachey is #2 :)

Lachey is one of mine, partly because I hated this raider fan i worked with back then and that was wonderful torment :)

I always liked the squire avatar too though

havent posted here in a while wnated to tell eeveryone hi :)....man am i ecstatic about this news also nobody mentioned renaldo wynn who also rrestructered his contract props to him too...guess that also means well be keepin him hope .. the jets r reportedly askin a 1st rounder for abraham so i dont think we r gonna be getting him..but really great great news to wake up too since i live all the way in egypt thank you skins :)

i also forgot to mention an idea that occured to em earlier today...since the colts with no agrrement in the cap r in serious serious trouble i was thinking of tendering mathis and bringing him in as our pass rusher we dont need an over priced injury prone player in abraham ....he is a great special team player 2 so it would in my opinion really benefit us ...and take the money ud pay to abraham and give to owens :P ... i know many of u dont wan that but man oh man ID LOVE THAT ...again thanx to all who restructered greeat TEAM

Fact. We would have had to cut a handful of people we are going to cut regardless of the CBA. Noble, Ramsey, Bowen. One or two more. Money was available for our own free agents and others. Strange how this is working out, huh?

Since you have all this inside info Art I'm wondering if you're saying there are players who will be cut who would be cut anyway then why weren't they cut? I mean if they are working to get under the cap why wouldn't they just cut players who they were going to cut cap problems or no cap problems right away?

Also Art I'm still waiting on an answer from you on the roster bonus question. You have stated that I am wrong in stating that the Skins could not automatically convert those roster bonuses to signing bonuses without a CBA extension and here we find the Skins are approaching those players and asking them to redo their contracts. If they could automatically convert those bonuses to signing bonuses without asking the players why are they asking them to redo their contracts creating less cap space? Could it be that although you display plenty of arrogance and imply you have inside access and great knowledge that in reality you are 99% attitude and about 1% information?

Unfortunately, if there IS an extension, the media will say that is all that saved Washington :).

I know, I know, I've been thinking the same thing for a few days. It almost makes me want no extension just to prove them wrong. almost.

Archived