Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JANSEN restructures-NFL Network

REDMAN7

Jansen is great. One of my favorite all-time Redskins.

With that being said... his play frustrates the hell out of me. I think he's overrated by many on here. He's a man-child.... he's tough, he's physical, he'll play through pain, he's a team player, he's got a mean streak... he just gets beat on the edge way too often for my liking.

Great human being though.

What happened to your avatar?

I demoted myself :) If I was going to remain as a coach..... I would've made wholesale cuts... CBA extension or not :laugh:

Trust me... it's for the better. Now, I can hack on people... and people can give it back without fear that I'll ban them :laugh: As I kept telling people... I'd say the things I'd want to say if I was a moderator or not, or if they were in front of me (instead of accusing me of being an internet bully).

I demoted myself :) If I was going to remain as a coach..... I would've made wholesale cuts... CBA extension or not :laugh:

Trust me... it's for the better. Now, I can hack on people... and people can give it back without fear that I'll ban them :laugh: As I kept telling people... I'd say the things I'd want to say if I was a moderator or not, or if they were in front of me (instead of accusing me of being an internet bully).

Yeah, but what if we ban you? :).

As I kept telling people... I'd say the things I'd want to say if I was a moderator or not, or if they were in front of me (instead of accusing me of being an internet bully).

Who would do something like that?? CoughCoughBSCoughCough.

In any event, congratulations on the demotion.

Oh, I know it's not strange my brother. I'm just furious with Redskins fans who are too stupid to realize we absolutely know what we're doing and who REFUSE to ignore the fans who know this and try to help them understand it. This article is the first of many you'll see if there's no CBA extension amazed at how the Skins did it.

Unfortunately, if there IS an extension, the media will say that is all that saved Washington :).

amen! Preach it my man!

Jansen is great. One of my favorite all-time Redskins.

With that being said... his play frustrates the hell out of me. I think he's overrated by many on here. He's a man-child.... he's tough, he's physical, he'll play through pain, he's a team player, he's got a mean streak... he just gets beat on the edge way too often for my liking.

Great human being though.

He's not a great athlete like Willie Anderson of Cincy. Few right tackles are. And he will get beat from time to time. However, he was good enough to make it 2nd team AP which says that the AP considered him the 2nd best RT in the sport in 2005.

But he is all those things you say and that's what makes him one of the 5 best at his RT position. The days of lineman like Jim Lachey and Anthony Munoz going 3 years without allowing a sack are over. The defensive players of the league are far too big and fast and the stadiums are too loud for even the best lineman to pitch perfect games every Sunday.

So now its, Jansen, Portis, Springs, Thomas, Brunell...am I missing someone?

man, I'm about to restructure my contract with the American Psychological Association . . .its getting contageous!

I can't get over how great it is to hear that everyone really is committed to winning, pretty refreshing

Yeah, but what if we ban you? :).

Are you going to ban me because you disagree with me? You are a power hungry egotistical communist. I'm going to contact the Redskins personally and go to the radio waves to share this grave injustice. :laugh:

Are you going to ban me because you disagree with me? You are a power hungry egotistical communist. I'm going to contact the Redskins personally and go to the radio waves to share this grave injustice. :laugh:

Ummmm, pretty much, ya :).

He's not a great athlete like Willie Anderson of Cincy. Few right tackles are. And he will get beat from time to time. However, he was good enough to make it 2nd team AP which says that the AP considered him the 2nd best RT in the sport in 2005.

But he is all those things you say and that's what makes him one of the 5 best at his RT position. The days of lineman like Jim Lachey and Anthony Munoz going 3 years without allowing a sack are over. The defensive players of the league are far too big and fast and the stadiums are too loud for even the best lineman to pitch perfect games every Sunday.

Dirk, Jansen got his butt handed to him in a number of games this year. Against the Raiders (Burgess), against the Chiefs (Allen), and a few other games that I don't care to research at the moment :)

Dominant right tackles don't have that many off-games. Jansen, to me, is an average player. He'll have a few decent games... and he'll have a few bad ones. With his size tough... the guy should be DOMINATING people. So he's a bit of a disappointment to me. Still, a great guy though...

But if we could upgrade... as long as it is a NOTICEABLE TALENT UPGRADE... I'd do it. Otherwise, I'd keep him... because I like everything else about him.

Regardless of everybody's individual assessment of Jansen (and other's) performances, the fact that he was willing to restructure for the good of the team earns him my respect. Thanks to him and all the other players who have made sacrifices so the team can have the best opportunity to be successful during the coming years!

Dirk, Jansen got his butt handed to him in a number of games this year. Against the Raiders (Burgess), against the Chiefs (Allen), and a few other games that I don't care to research at the moment :)

Dominant right tackles don't have that many off-games. Jansen, to me, is an average player. He'll have a few decent games... and he'll have a few bad ones. With his size tough... the guy should be DOMINATING people. So he's a bit of a disappointment to me. Still, a great guy though...

But if we could upgrade... as long as it is a NOTICEABLE TALENT UPGRADE... I'd do it. Otherwise, I'd keep him... because I like everything else about him.

Hey lets not forget this guy was playing with two broken thumbs. He had an above average year, we only gave up 32 sacks and Portis broke the teams rushing record.

The guy would start for almost every team in the league (if you don't think so, tell me where he wouldn't start), and that my friend tells you he is way above average. :2cents:

Jared Allen plays on the right side so he was lined up over Samuels for the better part of that game. I think maybe one of the sacks came over Jansen but I only saw the game once so I could be wrong.

Regardless, keep in mind that he had 2 broken thumbs this season and was 12 months removed from an Achilles tear. So consider that when you think about how he's disappointed you. ;)

And pass protection is only part of the equation. Practically all of our long runs happen over the right side and almost any time we need a 3rd and 2 converted it's behind Thomas and Jansen. I feel he's far better than average but you're entitled to your opinion. :)

Jared Allen plays on the right side so he was lined up over Samuels for the better part of that game. I think maybe one of the sacks came over Jansen but I only saw the game once so I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure you are right. I remember Allen beating Samuels for at least one sack (Portis chiped him and he bounced of it to go inside Samuels who was set up for an outside move) and I am pretty sure Royal for another.

And for the record Die Hard, Burgess made a lot of guys look bad this year. In fact, nearly everyone he played. Even so, I am guessing his stat line for the Skins is sack heavy and tackle light, if you get my meaning.

Hey lets not forget this guy was playing with two broken thumbs. He had an above average year, we only gave up 32 sacks and Portis broke the teams rushing record.

The guy would start for almost every team in the league (if you don't think so, tell me where he wouldn't start), and that my friend tells you he is way above average. :2cents:

Yes, he'd probably start for about half the teams in the league. If only because there are a lot of crappy teams in the league right now :) I just don't think he's a dominant right tackle... and I believe he should be.

Regardless, keep in mind that he had 2 broken thumbs this season and was 12 months removed from an Achilles tear. So consider that when you think about how he's disappointed you. ;)

And pass protection is only part of the equation. Practically all of our long runs happen over the right side and almost any time we need a 3rd and 2 converted it's behind Thomas and Jansen. I feel he's far better than average but you're entitled to your opinion. :)

Come on, I haven't forgotten that he had 2 broken thumbs last year :) And no, Allen plays the left side. At least he did all game against the Skins.

I watch a lot of Jansen during the games. And I think if you focus on him squarely, you'd be surprised at how easily he gets handled. Trust me, it hurts me to say that.

Archived