Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How lovely the Redskins are going to get bailed out at the 11th hour

glassJAw

I never claimed to be high and mighty. I never said my **** doesn't stink. Besides if you looked further into the thread you saw I would apologize to Dockery if a deal does get done.

You don't have to say those things to come off like that. I don't have to be quoted as saying "I'm an *******" for it to be true.

Past - do I really have to explain this?

Present -

a) team of undivided core players that are willing to do anything to help the Skins out of salary cap constraints ( Brunell, Portis, Thomas, Jansen, Springs, and others that will soon announce as restructured ) unlive the obvious discontent that is evident in the eagles clubhouse

B) HOF coach who knows how to motivate a team and ride out difficult times as evidenced by Skins winning SB both times there was a labor dispute

c) Better RB, OLine, WR's, And all around Defense than the eagles

Future -

a) with a CBA the skins will continue there current course of smart controlled spending on young unselfish players

B) woout a CBA the team will still excel and make a run for their 6th SB appearance in 2007 or 2008

Past - do I really have to explain this?

Present -

a) team of undivided core players that are willing to do anything to help the Skins out of salary cap constraints ( Brunell, Portis, Thomas, Jansen, Springs, and others that will soon announce as restructured ) unlive the obvious discontent that is evident in the eagles clubhouse

B) HOF coach who knows how to motivate a team and ride out difficult times as evidenced by Skins winning SB both times there was a labor dispute

c) Better RB, OLine, WR's, And all around Defense than the eagles

Future -

a) with a CBA the skins will continue there current course of smart controlled spending on young unselfish players

B) woout a CBA the team will still excel and make a run for their 6th SB appearance in 2007 or 2008

Well......good luck.....but the 3-0 part was what I was asking about.

Well......good luck.....but the 3-0 part was what I was asking about.

Thanks Its all good natured ribbing. I don't hate the eagles as I do the other teams in our division. Maybe because of my years in Philly and the numbers of Eagles games I've attended.

The 3-0 I was referring to was the Skins win 3 times when comparing

1) the past of each team

2) the present of each team

3) the future of each team

Eagles fans are just mad because their team couldn't get the job done even with TO and McNabb. If the Eagles were actually a super bowl winning team, I would hate the fact that they came on our board and were talking trash. But the fact that they choke every year...I love it!

I'm not so sure why some of you Eagles trolls were wishing against a new CBA agreement; It would be bad for the league, so it would also be bad for the Eagles.

I know some of you guys want to come on extremeskins and say "I told you so" and you would like to see the Redskins go through cap hell, if I were an Eagles fan, I would be very excited about the possiblity of a new CBA.

Can you imagine being in the same division with Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones in an uncapped NFL? The Eagles would resemble a less competitive Orioles trying to compete with the RedSox and Yankees every year.

Just a thought.

Eagles fans are just mad because their team couldn't get the job done even with TO and McNabb. If the Eagles were actually a super bowl winning team, I would hate the fact that they came on our board and were talking trash. But the fact that they choke every year...I love it!

Ah.....

1 - Show me one of us who is mad?

(This team was good before TO got here........and its a known fact they struggle with out their franchise QB)

2 - We talk trash with fellow Extremeskins members. That's what football fans do....we talk trash but at the end of the day, we are all football fans.

3 - If we choke every year, then what do you call the Skins performance in the playoffs last year against Seattle? I sure wouldn't call it a victory thats for sure.

Ah.....

1 - Show me one of us who is mad?

(This team was good before TO got here........and its a known fact they struggle with out their franchise QB)

2 - We talk trash with fellow Extremeskins members. That's what football fans do....we talk trash but at the end of the day, we are all football fans.

3 - If we choke every year, then what do you call the Skins performance in the playoffs last year against Seattle? I sure wouldn't call it a victory thats for sure.

How can you compare the Skins losing to the number 1 seed as a 6 seed with what the eagles did as the number 1 seed 3 out of 4 times?

How can you compare the Skins losing to the number 1 seed as a 6 seed with what the eagles did as the number 1 seed 3 out of 4 times?

Easy.......in 2001, the Eagles went out to and beat the #2 seed Chicago Bears convincingly. Then took the #1 seed to its own 46 yard line before losing.

As far as the 3 out of 4.....hey the blew it. No arguement from me about it, but the fact is that a lose is a lose no matter how you try to spin it. Given the fact that the Skins bet that same Seattle team eariler that season only proves my point more seeing how the Skins came into the game with the Number 2 Defense in the league and still couldn't win. Its not a bad thing, like I said, a loss is a loss, but when you've beaten the team already, have a statistically better defense then the team, and a HOF coach leading your team, I wouldn't exactly call that a bad day now would you?

The fact of the matter is the Redskins are in cap hell and the Eagles are not.

you're forgetting one key difference tool.........we have a better team than you, and WE are contenders, regardless of what the cap says. Read the paper, watch the news, Snyder has a guy that has had everything in place regardless of how the CBA goes, so we wouldn't be screwed regardless. And Rush was right about McNabb. And he's just as gay and lame of an actor as he is a QB.

quote:The ownership doesn't know how to manage the cap at all"....careful the words you say, that is blasphmacy around here. lol. we'll see if they get bailed out or not. if not they get what they deserve. most here try to use the eagles management of the cap as a bad thing around here, i bet they all wish they were in the shape the iggles are in. deny it all you want, you're all crapping your pants right now. after 1000 posts on how the iggles are cheap, it's just funny how things work out.

Where has the Eagles cap management gotten them? They were way under the cap in their SB year and could have used that money to sign another impact player or two. They're philosophy is starting to bite them in the a-- already. They make it known that they don't care about their players and that each position has a slotted salary know matter who you are. Now, half the locker room is pissed at McNabb because he's gotten paid and is speaking out about Owens who was trying to get more money from the tightest organization in the NFL. At least the Skins ownership lets the players know that they are more than just pawns in a chess match and that ownership will listen to them. We'll see how much longer the Eagles get away with their philosophy of handling players.

Oh, and one more thing, Andy Reid can not coach in the big game. His losses at home to Tampa Bay and Carolina in NFC championship games were embarrassing. And then, in the Super Bowl, they should have beaten New England but he got outcoached again by Bellicheck. McNabb needs to lose about 25-30 lbs. too.

So you are siding with a racist who stated that McNabb is only considered a good quarterback because of his race?

oh jesus, you're a mcnabb nut, so nothing relevant i say to you will matter anyway, but for starters, rush DID NOT make a racist statement, he stated a fact, and got run through the ringer for it. he said the only reason you hear so much hype about mcnabb is because he is black. it is a true statement, because he was the only winning black qb in the league when the statement was made. but, if he was white, he would be getting compared to how favre, gannon, green, manning, etc. were doing, and in that class, he was nothing. like i said, its not racist, it's fact. same reson ray rhodes was hyped so much. even the media said he was a great black coach. the whole race thing is BS big time. you're either good, mediocre, or crap regardless of color. you should be respected and talked about and admired because of your accomplishments, NOT because of your accomplishments as a black player/coach. you never hear anyone say marino is a great white qb, but you always heard cunningham was one of the best black qbs. and i don't ever remember hearing anyone say gibbs is a great white coach, but they talk about any black coach with any success as being a great black coach. it's stupid, color makes no difference, you either have it or you don't. it would be like me saying i'm a huge redskins fan and i'm white, it's stupid.

oh jesus, you're a mcnabb nut, so nothing relevant i say to you will matter anyway, but for starters, rush DID NOT make a racist statement, he stated a fact, and got run through the ringer for it. he said the only reason you hear so much hype about mcnabb is because he is black. it is a true statement, because he was the only winning black qb in the league when the statement was made. but, if he was white, he would be getting compared to how favre, gannon, green, manning, etc. were doing, and in that class, he was nothing. like i said, its not racist, it's fact. same reson ray rhodes was hyped so much. even the media said he was a great black coach. the whole race thing is BS big time. you're either good, mediocre, or crap regardless of color. you should be respected and talked about and admired because of your accomplishments, NOT because of your accomplishments as a black player/coach. you never hear anyone say marino is a great white qb, but you always heard cunningham was one of the best black qbs. and i don't ever remember hearing anyone say gibbs is a great white coach, but they talk about any black coach with any success as being a great black coach. it's stupid, color makes no difference, you either have it or you don't. it would be like me saying i'm a huge redskins fan and i'm white, it's stupid.

So what you are saying is that you agree with Rush saying that McNabb gets credit only because he is black, but yet you continued to say that QBs should receive credit because of their accomplishment rather than color.

You said that if McNabb weren't black but white, he'd put in a class with Farve, Manning, Elway, etc......but at the same time, McNabb has more wins than Manning, less int. than Farve, and almost as many rushing yards at that point than a young Elway. Did he get those stats because he was black or because he is a good QB?

See my point? While its unfair to class people in sports because of their race, you can't deny the stats that people put up. Michael Jordan, if white, would have still won 6 titles and numerous MVPs because of what he did, not because of what color he is. That's all I'm saying.

no one bailed out squat

Just Snyder & the team working together

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...?nav=rss_sports

Although the Redskins were well above the $94.5 million cap at the start of the day, the team's biggest names were not in danger of being released. An official within the league, speaking on condition of anonymity because the cuts were not announced, said the cuts would not have been as severe as expected because the team had considered the possibility of a breakdown in the agreement when negotiating player contracts over the last two years.

As the day progressed, the Redskins were able to make savings by renegotiating existing deals with cornerback Shawn Springs, running back Clinton Portis and others, the official said, leaving valuable veterans such as offensive linemen Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas and defensive linemen Renaldo Wynn and Phillip Daniels safe from the chopping block.

"As a player, you're about the team," Springs said. "You do the best you can do to help out the team."

Those on the prospective cut list included quarterback Patrick Ramsey, safety Matt Bowen, center Cory Raymer, defensive tackle Brandon Noble and cornerback Walt Harris, but most of those players were expected to be released regardless of the outcome of the collective bargaining agreement talks.

"The Redskins have done an excellent job of restructuring a number of contracts in anticipation of a deal (on the agreement) not being consummated," said agent Leigh Steinberg, who reworked quarterback Mark Brunell's deal earlier in the week.

no one bailed out squat

Just Snyder & the team working together

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...?nav=rss_sports

Exactly! It's amazing how many people buy into the mess they hear on ESPN. Sure Snyder spends money on his players, but guess what? He brings in the right players. They put the team first and it shows with all the renegotiations that are going on.

Sorry to disappoint any of the Redskin haters, but we will be keeping our key players. Did some of you really believe that the Redskins would have started 20 rookies in 2006?

You said that if McNabb weren't black but white, he'd put in a class with Farve, Manning, Elway, etc......but at the same time, McNabb has more wins than Manning, less int. than Farve, and almost as many rushing yards at that point than a young Elway. Did he get those stats because he was black or because he is a good QB?

to correct you, which is easy to do because you are so wrong.....manning has 10 more wins than mcnabb, favre only has more ints because he's been playing so many years more than mcnabb, and bragging about having ALMOST as many yards rushing as a young elway, is like bragging that michael vick has almost as many passing yards as a young heath shuler. compare comparable stats, it generally works better. and also, i never said mcnabb was a good qb, because i think he's a joke. i said rush was right, because he doesn't get hyped for his stats, because they are nothing to hype compared to other qbs in the league. sure he might finish with a great career, i'm not saying he won't. i'm just saying that as of right now, he is not in the same class as peyton, favre, or even brady who's barely out of diapers. and it's not me saying the crap anyway, the media douchebags are the ones saying he is a great black qb instead of saying he's a great qb. they are the ones making race an issue, not me, you have completely misunderstood what i posted, and you have gotten carried way off the topic of the thread anyway. we can continue it in pms if you want, but this isn't the place for it.:eaglesuck

Archived