Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How lovely the Redskins are going to get bailed out at the 11th hour

glassJAw

The ownership doesn't know how to manage the cap at all. They are always restructuring and now they're going to get lucky because the CBA will now probably be announced.

Aren't you just a bunch of happy little hogs tonight.

bwahahahaha

to correct you, which is easy to do because you are so wrong.....manning has 10 more wins than mcnabb, favre only has more ints because he's been playing so many years more than mcnabb, and bragging about having ALMOST as many yards rushing as a young elway, is like bragging that michael vick has almost as many passing yards as a young heath shuler. compare comparable stats, it generally works better. and also, i never said mcnabb was a good qb, because i think he's a joke. i said rush was right, because he doesn't get hyped for his stats, because they are nothing to hype compared to other qbs in the league. sure he might finish with a great career, i'm not saying he won't. i'm just saying that as of right now, he is not in the same class as peyton, favre, or even brady who's barely out of diapers. and it's not me saying the crap anyway, the media douchebags are the ones saying he is a great black qb instead of saying he's a great qb. they are the ones making race an issue, not me, you have completely misunderstood what i posted, and you have gotten carried way off the topic of the thread anyway. we can continue it in pms if you want, but this isn't the place for it.:eaglesuck

You need to learn about paragraphs and capital letters so my eyes don't bleed so much.

Like you don't ever rub salt in the wound when the Eagles are down? Please. The fact of the matter is the Redskins are in cap hell and the Eagles are not. As of right now your team is screwed. No new CBA yet. But you knew the deal would get done, right?

What else is new? The Eagles are always a zillion dollars under the cap, and the Redskins are always close to it. Yet every year we are competitive in free-agency and are always able to sign all our rookies.

Oh, and do a little research before you say our team is "screwed." If you did, you'd see all the restructures that are happening...sure we'll cut some people, but it won't be anything major like the Donkeys and other teams have done.

So go on, celebrate your offseason cap championship again, like you do every year. Because like every other year, its going to be the only championship the Eagles win. ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and you're right...it is lovely that the CBA deadline got pushed back. The Redskins with a 110 million dollar cap would be super-duper sweet!! It would be cool for the Eagles as well, because then they could be 40 million under the cap!! Woo-hoo!

I love this......

Another year of the rumored "Cap Hell" and some of you Eagles fans have bought it.

Look Philly fans, we've supposedly been in "Cap Hell" since 1999 and we've rarely lost any Big Name Talent b/c of the cap (you may wish to argue Stephen Davis, but as we know, Spurrier didn't want a pounding RB in his pass-oriented system that doesn't work in the NFL).

This makes me feel that you guys are seriously (again) concerned about the Redskins in 2006, since you are clutching for straws, desperately hoping for the Skins to fall on their faces by the cap.

Before enjoying our demise too quickly, let's see if a CBA gets done (I'm hoping sooner than later--- I for one DON'T want to see an uncapped year ever) and how much will the cap be, how much did each player restructure and how much over/under are we after said restructuring.

Till then....nobody knows, especially the sports media who in modern journalism tend to report opinion as fact and speculation as law.

Man, the choice is between an Eagles fan and a Rush Limbaugh loving Redskins fan.

Talk about Sophie's choice.

Nice movie reference!

Glassjaw, you may be one of the worst trolls to come around these parts. Surprising you were not around in mid November or early January

I thought our wins against the Cowboys and Eagles would get rid of these trolls. Looks like it'll take a new CBA :doh:

How far are you over the cap again?

..and who is it that is going to get cut? probably 12 players....name ONE of those players who anyone will lose sleep over?

James Thrash???? heavens...i may not sleep for a month...

..plese dont let them cut John Hall..........if Raymer is cut i may be on the verge of suicide.

Hate Leads To Ignorance....dont get caught up in the latter.

Hi Troll. Welcome to Extremeskins.

Enjoy your stay.

:laugh:

Nothing like a few Trolls to supply us with all of our daily Redskins news. These guys just don't get it. DS is a business man, and knowing the cap and the future of it is his job. Saying the cap will not keep increasing and cap hell is coming is like saying there will be a 5 year freeze on gas prices or the cost of stamps won't go up.

Get a clue TROLLS!!!! :troll:

Rush Limbaugh was wrong. As much as ridicule McNabb for throwing those 'dirt balls' and faking that spike to throw without giving the rest of the team the memo, he is a pretty good quarterback in his own right.

Up until this past season he lead his team to four consecutive NFC East titles and a Superbowl, which is more than you can say about a certain quarterback with 10 more wins. Say this were Brian Griese or Chris Simms instead of McNabb. Would anyone say they were hyped in the media because everyone wanted them to be successful as their fathers were?

On another note - McNabb took them to the Superbowl but Philly didn't win it. Maybe the front office should have spent some more of that cap they've been saving for a few more players. Or were they just saving up for this year when they now have more holes to fill? We shall see :whoknows:.

Archived