Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you tired of?

Spaceman Spiff

people giving American Pitbull Terriers a bad name :doh:

I have one next door, when I say next door I mean 10 feet from my house, that will bark for two hours at a time. Non stop! I feel like I'm a prisoner in my home, I can't open a window or turn on a light without that stupid F'ing dog barking.

It's the owner's fault though, he leaves the dog outside and I've never seen him play with the dog at all, kind of sad. It's going to be even sadder when he get's and ambien meatball :D

Um... rap has been around since the late 70s - early 80s and is therefore now multigenerational. I think it has gone well beyond fad. Like it or not (and i'm not a big fan, though i do listen to it on occasion) its here to stay.

Plus, you're 22 - you can't even remember a world without rap so how could you possibly consider it a fad?

First off, I'm 30 not 22.

Second, I'm not talking about early Rap. I'm talking about the current, popular format. I honestly think that early Rap, and today's stuff have little in common, short of the basic formula. Today it's all about drugs, ho's, how many times you have been shot, or your sexual prowess.

That's a far cry from Run D.M.C. don't you think? Even Chris Rock thinks it's hard to defend today's stuff. ("Slap her with a dick!" "Dick in the ass! Dick in the ass! ( see latest comedy special)

Rap in it's current form, IS a fad.

Second, I'm not talking about early Rap. I'm talking about the current, popular format. I honestly think that early Rap, and today's stuff have little in common, short of the basic formula. Today it's all about drugs, ho's, how many times you have been shot, or your sexual prowess.

That's a far cry from Run D.M.C. don't you think? Even Chris Rock thinks it's hard to defend today's stuff. ("Slap her with a dick!" "Dick in the ass! Dick in the ass! ( see latest comedy special)

I agree with you there. But like I said I do not listen to Gangsta rap no more. And plus why you think Emeniem is so good the man dose not talk about no hood stuf no drugs or nothing but he it still one of the top ten greats of all time.

No different then NWA rap. It's always copped as a fad. It is what it is.

I agree with you there. But like I said I do not listen to Gangsta rap no more. And plus why you think Emeniem is so good the man dose not talk about no hood stuf no drugs or nothing but he it still one of the top ten greats of all time.

he's an exception, not the rule. Nobody else could be Eminem but Eminem. His success, quite frankly has astonished me. I figured he would be dismissed as a "Vanilla Ice" early on.

No different then NWA rap. It's always copped as a fad. It is what it is.

Well N.W.A, and Public Enemy were the first popular groups to bring this type of Rap. I grew up in their era, and this type of rap didn't really "take off" as it was until "The Chronic."

I liked a lot of early rap. I thought Run D.M.C's Raising Hell album was awesome. LL Cool J was/is the man. The genre just lost me when "gangsta rap" became the popular form, and now it's various negative spin-offs.

Tired of the offseason

Tired of cold weather

Tired of not having the nfl network on any canadian cable providers

Tired of having to sleep....

Eminem turned into a singer towards the end of his career if you ask me, atleast he for one rapped about something and not just Sex,drugs,violence.

Well N.W.A, and Public Enemy were the first popular groups to bring this type of Rap. I grew up in their era, and this type of rap didn't really "take off" as it was until "The Chronic."

I liked a lot of early rap. I thought Run D.M.C's Raising Hell album was awesome. LL Cool J was/is the man. The genre just lost me when "gangsta rap" became the popular form, and now it's various negative spin-offs.

I know now that the South is on top now I really think that it is going downhill. Other then Emenime NAS and Jay-Z. And I can nopt forget about my Main man Matisyahu. Just kidding bout Matisyahu.

:laugh: :laugh: At least some people think it is music. How old are you 50, My mother is 50 and even she likes hip hop. Just give me a good reason why it is not music.

I'm 33, not 50. To me, hip hop and rap are more street poetry than music. In most cases, all you need is a voice and a boombox. And the sampling of other people's music doesn't sit well with me either.

But I will also say this: While I totally can't stand gangster rap, I do like a little bit of old-school rap such as "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash, "Bust a Move" by Young MC, and "Me, Myself and I" by De La Soul.

How many different beats are they, trust me I made some beats but I had to sample something all the time becasue everytime I create a beat somebody tells me "It sounds like _____" that makes me mad.

Matter of fact I am tired of people who are against Sampling music. You create a brand new beat that nobody has never heard and holla at me.

• 5 weeks later...

Tired of weak ass reporters letting people side step questions with political spin. I asked a question about A, don't tell me about Z. If the political people want the free air time and PR, answer some dame questions. HONESTLY. I want reporters to just ask the same question over and over until they answer it. It its awkward, so be it.

Tired of voting machines with no paper trail. How are we supposed to attract people to our system if we cant even get it right.

Tired of argumentative post were people act a lot more bad ass then they would to someones face.

Tired of threads titles that don't tell you what the thread is about. You ever wonder... I was thinking... Does any one else thing.... NO, NO ONE ELSE IS THINKING THAT ....

Tired of people that type lIkE THiS. wHAT in the HeLL is that all about.

Tired of hearing Republicans still blaming Dems. You control everything. You set the agenda. You decide what bills get voted on. This is your show, if everyone liked it, you would get the rewards. Since most don't, guess who is to blame. Stand up and own it and stop whining.

Tired of housing prices making no sense. Income has risen that much, no way your house is really worth 100% more in 2 years.

Tired of deficit spending that will be passes onto our children just because we want lower taxes.

I mean Bush failed at everything he's attempted in his life, Miltary, owner, governor. But he was a rich white good ole-boy. Never mind thats makes him qualified to lead this country into the future.

So maybe your tired of voters who vote for a president based on

- I'd rather have a picnic with him then the other guy, instead of, he is really smart, has the experience and will do a good job working with both sides.

-he will lower my taxes instead of, he will prioritize the right spending and make sure we have the tax revenue to pay of it.

-he says hes a born again recovered drug addict so I can relate to that. Instead of, you shouldn't be able to totally relate to the guy, he is running for president, you slaughter hogs for a living.

-he talks the same poor English I do and he sounds southern.

I'm tired of name calling in politics. Just because you disagree with someones political views doesn't mean that you have to revert to name calling. Have an intelligent conversation about politics. I guess I am expecting too much in that case. When political discussions revert to name calling, it reminds me of little kids fighting. Not everyone is going to be to the right or to the left. Name calling doesn't make you win an argument, it just ruins a political discussion.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

It would be interesting to have these conversations without using the words dems or repubs. I wonder what the conversations would look like. I for one think most people have a mixed view on left and right depending on what your talking about. Take it issue by issue and leave the name calling out of it. Honestly, I think that's what this 2 party system wants. Keep us busy fighting so they can feed us more bull****. The middle is where most of us stand. Thats were the power base is if we could ever unit and stop getting seperated by fring issues and issues that don't even belong at the federal level.

great thread...

tired of us not massively bombing the Iranian WMD program and Revolutionary Guards

tired of us not having killed Moqtada al-sadr and the Mehdi army

tired of foreigners illegally swamping my country and buying up our strategic interests

I am REALLY tired.

If your tired of all these things, look at the leadership in charge of everything.

As for your first request :doh:

Major retailers this season, including Wal-Mart instructed their employees to say "Happy Holidays" to their shoppers. "Merry Christmas" was off-limits. My wife, who has been a school teacher for 10 years, was instructed this year that any pre-vacation holiday had to be called a "Winter Celebration." And for the second time, she had a "Winter Break" instead of the "Christmas Vacation" we all grew up with.

This is what you get when you celebration religious holidays on a national level in a country with has many religions.

I don't get time off for yum kipper because I'm not Jewish. How about we just have seasonal holidays that cover the major religious seasons. That way everyone is covered. That would be the American thing to do. Oh, right, I think that's what they were trying to do. What was I thinking?

Tired of people not understanding the basis of this country and getting upset when there is an attempt to separate a specific religion from the federal policies. We don't need a Christmas break, we just need a break while Christmas is taking place. Whats so hard to understand that there are other religion celebrating during the same time. Do you really need your religion promoted by the Federal government for you to celebrate it? Saying marry Christmas to someone who is of the different religion doesn't really make much sense to me. Whats so wrong with saying, happy holidays if you don't know the persons religion, since there are many being celebrated? Say Merry Christmas to people you know are Christian or who you can tell are because they have a cross on their neck.

If I know the holiday of a jewish person and it happening, I dont say Merry Christmas, I say, happy Yum Kipper. It would be impolite and ego centric for me to say Merry Christmas since Im wishing them a happy season, not bragging about my own beliefs.

Hmm...Kids and teachers not allowed to say "Christmas" in a public school. Retailers turning their backs on the people who provide 1/4 of their income for the entire year. We're not far from my statement being completely accurate.

If you haven't seen a blatant assault on Christianity in the last 10 years, you're simply not looking. The Establishment Clause has been completely abused, and it seems as though Christians are taking the brunt of it.

Not saying Merry Christmas is not an attach on Christmas. Its simply allowing for other religions to be included in the holiday season.

Remember, this is a free market. You cant have it both ways. If you don't like those stores, go shop at one that says Merry Christmas when you walk in.

Then in the long run, we can have Christian stores, Jewish stores, Islamic stores and we can all go shop in the store that reflects our religion. What a wonderful American that would be :doh:

Hmm...Kids and teachers not allowed to say "Christmas" in a public school. Retailers turning their backs on the people who provide 1/4 of their income for the entire year. We're not far from my statement being completely accurate.

If you haven't seen a blatant assault on Christianity in the last 10 years, you're simply not looking. The Establishment Clause has been completely abused, and it seems as though Christians are taking the brunt of it.

Not saying Merry Christmas is not an attach on Christmas. Its simply allowing for other religions to be included in the holiday season.

Remember, this is a free market. You cant have it both ways. If you don't like those stores, go shop at one that says Merry Christmas when you walk in. Send you kids to a private school of your religion. When you dealing with the public mass market, it's going to be more inclusive.

Then in the long run, we can have Christian stores, Jewish stores, Islamic stores and we can all go shop in the store that reflects our religion. What a wonderful American that would be :doh:

Tired of everygroup, whether they are Christians, Jews, Muslims, Conservatives, and Liberals acting as if they an oppressed group, and others are acting to limit their activites.

Tired of those who lack empathy for human beings simply because of where they were born. (See immigration issue)

Tired of liberals having no plan of their own other than to attack the current administration.

Tired of the current environmental policies of the current administration

Tired of sheep who always agree with the democrats or republicans. Real people who can actually think, will never always agree with either the Democrats or Republicans.

Me neither (as i said in my original post). I was just backing ya up - and showing that even those of us that speak out against the church know christianity is taking the brunt.

If they acted as the faith teaches, attraction rather then promotion, be humble, help your brother as you would me, don't wear your religion on your sleeve, stop telling everyone else they are wrong and going to hell, this wouldn't be the case. They are the most outwardly political religion so if that's what you want to do and gain for that stance, your going to have to deal with people taking shots at you also.

It just so happens that is the religion that acts more like the Taliban then any other religion in the US. And I was raised Catholic and did the whole born again thing, so I'm not talking about of my ass.

Speaking of driving,

If I get pulled over by another police I am suning.

Okay I only got pulled over one time, but I was in VA and I was drivnig in a nice neighborhood. I got pulled over for one reason. I was Black and I was driving in a loud pick up truck. I was listeing to gospel rap. Policeman it is 2006 stop sterotyping.

Tired of people driving around quit areas be it neighbor hoods or the gas pumps playing their music so load I have to hear it or roll up my windows. You close your windows or lower the music. I don't want to hear what your listening to.

I'm glad you got pulled over. I don't care what you were listening to. Be respectful of others around you. That's what I'm tired of.

If they acted as the faith teaches, attraction rather then promotion, be humble, help your brother as you would me, don't wear your religion on your sleeve, stop telling everyone else they are wrong and going to hell, this wouldn't be the case. They are the most outwardly political religion so if that's what you want to do and gain for that stance, your going to have to deal with people taking shots at you also.

It just so happens that is the religion that acts more like the Taliban then any other religion in the US. And I was raised Catholic and did the whole born again thing, so I'm not talking about of my ass.

Doesn't change the fact that they are *rather* unfairly biased against - and i'm not excluding myself from that, i often hear that someone is christian and immediately think 'oh great, here we go'. But at least they THINK they are just doing the right thing, and don't resort to violence.

Archived