Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One year of hell, many years of superbowls

D'Pablo

Lets see, the most popular team in the NFL. More fans than any other team out there which in turn buys more merchandise, more TV dollars cause more people want to see them either because they love them or hate them, than any other team.

If you want to throw a NY team in there as well fine. But if you say the redskins your nuts. Outside of the Maryland/Virginia area, nobody cares about that team. And if nobody cares, there's not as much money.

Great points but:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Rank_1.html

Rank Team Current Value1 ($mil) 1-Yr Value Change (%) Debt/Value3 (%) Revenues4 ($mil) Operating Income5 ($mil)

1 Washington Redskins 1,264 15 19 287 53.8

2 Dallas Cowboys 1,063 15 19 231 54.3

3 New England Patriots 1,040 21 29 236 50.5

4 Philadelphia Eagles 952 14 35 216 24.5

5 Houston Texans 946 5 45 215 41.3

6 Denver Broncos 907 11 22 202 49.4

7 Cleveland Browns 892 12 11 203 41.1

8 Carolina Panthers 878 16 14 195 24.3

9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 877 13 16 195 45.4

10 Chicago Bears 871 11 22 193 40.1

11 Baltimore Ravens 864 11 32 192 32.7

12 Miami Dolphins 856 12 23 190 15.8

13 Green Bay Packers 849 12 4 189 35.4

14 Tennessee Titans 839 14 15 186 35.1

15 Seattle Seahawks 823 16 14 183 14.4

16 Pittsburgh Steelers 820 14 12 182 36.5

Lets see, the most popular team in the NFL. More fans than any other team out there which in turn buys more merchandise, more TV dollars cause more people want to see them either because they love them or hate them, than any other team.

If you want to throw a NY team in there as well fine. But if you say the redskins your nuts. Outside of the Maryland/Virginia area, nobody cares about that team. And if nobody cares, there's not as much money.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Revenues_1.html

Seriously - Just go home.

The Skins generated far more revenue in 05 than Dallas.

Oh, I don't think there is any question that Dallas generates more revenue than any NFL out there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A57668-2005Jan7?language=printer:

Snyder, for example, owns FedEx Field and has turned the Redskins into the highest-grossing team in football, with revenue that outpaces the Arizona Cardinals by an estimated $100 million a year.

Please keep posting so you can continue to make a fool of yourself :applause:

Sorry, you boys are right. Thats pretty shocking. According to everything I Just read it has to do with that pretty stadium you guys just paid for.

By all of your own accords, Texas stadium is a dump, its small, few luxury boxes, no frills. You guys have over 30,000 extra seats than we do.

Jones is currently building a new 100,000 seat stadium and will be complete in a couple years. When that opens up, our revenue will blow yours away.

According to that list, it seems every team that has a fairly new stadium generates the most revenue.

Great points but:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Rank_1.html

Rank Team Current Value1 ($mil) 1-Yr Value Change (%) Debt/Value3 (%) Revenues4 ($mil) Operating Income5 ($mil)

1 Washington Redskins 1,264 15 19 287 53.8

2 Dallas Cowboys 1,063 15 19 231 54.3

16 Pittsburgh Steelers 820 14 12 182 36.5

Wow, so $200 mill seperates 2nd (dallas) and the 16th (pittsburgh)....

...and $200 mill sperates 1st from 2nd. The Dan is doing something right.

Hold on brokeback mountain cowboy . The Steelers Have the biggest fanbase in the NFL, and its not even close !! As a matter of fact, remember last year when it was 50% steelers fans at your stadium ?

Sorry, you boys are right. Thats pretty shocking. According to everything I Just read it has to do with that pretty stadium you guys just paid for.

By all of your own accords, Texas stadium is a dump, its small, few luxury boxes, no frills. You guys have over 30,000 extra seats than we do.

Jones is currently building a new 100,000 seat stadium and will be complete in a couple years. When that opens up, our revenue will blow yours away.

According to that list, it seems every team that has a fairly new stadium generates the most revenue.

Is Jones privately financing the stadium?

2002 Values: #1

Current

value(1) $952 mil

1-yr value

change 13%

Ann. Change

in value(2) 6%

Debt/value(3) 70%

Revenue $227 mil

Operating income(4) $87.8 mil

Player Expenses(5) $72 mil

Gate Receipts(6) $65 mil

Revenues and operating income are for 2002 season.

(1)Value of team based on current stadium deal (unless new stadium is pending) without deduction for debt (other than stadium debt).

(2)Current team value compared with latest transaction price.

(3)Includes stadium debt.

(4)Earnings before interest, taxes and depreciation.

(5)Includes benefits.

(6)Includes club seats.

(7)Team Relative Productivity Score compares the number of wins per player payroll relative to the rest of the NFL. A score of 120 means that the team achieved 20% more victories per dollar of payroll compared with the league average.

NA: Not applicable.

Team Logos Courtesy NFL.

Washington Redskins 1

www.redskins.com

Washington Redskins

are owned by Daniel Snyder,

who bought them

in 1999

for $750 mil.

TRPS(7) 89

The skinny

Hail to the Redskins, football's richest team. Plenty of folks thought Dan Snyder was nuts when he paid $750 million (mostly debt) in 1999 for the Redskins and their privately owned stadium. But now Snyder's getting the last laugh. With cash-flow after debt service topping $50 million, this off-season the Redskins used fat signing bonuses to sign several free agents, such as former Jet wide receiver Laveranues Coles. And lately Snyder has been selling of pieces of his team for prices that value the franchise close to $1 billion. Now if he could only sign a good quarterback he might finally make it to the Super Bowl.

Major corporate sponsors are Anheuser-Busch (nyse: BUD), Cadillac, PepsiCo (nyse: PEP), Nextel Communications (nasdaq: NXTL), Siemens (nyse: SI). Stadium sponsor is Federal Express (nyse: FDX).

http://www.forbes.com/archive/forbes/2003/0915/nfl.html;jsessionid=mOe158_gSScetvv3?token=MSBNYXIgMjAwNiAxOTo0MjozNiArMDAwMA%3D%3D

Ok buddy we'll talk to you in three or four years when it gets done eh? You make sure you come back now ya hear!

I can't believe we are actually arguing about the value of the franchise...and somehow taking that as a point of pride.

Does everyone here cheer for IBM and Microsoft too?

Well, if I somehow was vested in IBM or Microsoft from the get-go, then yes I would. I cheer for the Redskins because I always have...not because of their revenue or lack there of.

As for the argument, I only aimed to show that the dude was way off in his assessment. If he's stating misconceptions as facts, it's best to point it out. It helps to sift through the BS in the future.

It's an interesting discussion' date=' but it's becoming a my dad is bigger than your dad deal.

Out of curiosity, isn't the new Cowboys stadium publicly financed?[/quote']

http://www.realestatejournal.com/propertyreport/architecture/20040927-frangos.html

Now, the Cowboys, anxious to get a new home by 2009 when its lease expires at Texas Stadium in Irving, have signed a tentative deal with the nearby community of Arlington. The city council there voted unanimously last month to send the plan to a November ballot. Voter approval would trigger increases in sales, hotel and car-rental taxes, in addition to a $3 stadium parking fee and a 10% Cowboys' ticket tax. The levies would finance $325 million of the $650 million project.

Ultimately' date=' if a revenue sharing plan doesn't get done this year, all those smaller market teams eventually won't be able to compete. The Redskins will dominate for years to come. While it sucks to lose a year to this, at least we get to develop some rookie talent.[/quote']

Great, now we'll be the Yankees.

Ok enough I cant take it anymore! Enough of the Baseball BASHING! Jesus H! We freakin live in America CAPATLISM DRIVES THIS COUNTRY! So why do people not in baseball ***** and complain about how baseball is out of wack! The fact of the matter is every baseball owner makes money, now how they decided to spend that money is their choice! The Yankees make the most money because they spend the most! The put the money right back into their product! And I'm tired of hearing this crap that the Yankees are bad for sports! No the yankees are a great buisness and a great team! I love the Skin but damnit people get off baseballs case!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at your sig

It's almost as if you want to begin cheering for a different team because yours is profitable. I don't quite understand that logic...

If someone has been a Skins fan for 25 years, why would their revenue cause me to not like them?

Why would the revenue cause me TO like them? Why are people proud that Danny Snyder is making a fortune? As long as he stays in business, I want the league as a whole to thrive so I am entertained.

I think Yankee fans are almost sick of the Yankess at this point. I don't want that system in football.

Archived