Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One year of hell, many years of superbowls

D'Pablo

Why would the revenue cause me TO like them? Why are people proud that Danny Snyder is making a fortune? As long as he stays in business' date=' I want the league as a whole to thrive so I am entertained.

I think Yankee fans are almost sick of the Yankess at this point. I don't want that system in football.[/quote']

We're spinning a little bit away from my point. I never said you should like the Redskins because they make the most money. This all started when I pointed out that the one Dallas fan was incorrect in saying that the Cowboys generated the most revenue. From there, you asked why it was a good thing, did we cheer for MS and IBM. I mentioned that the revenue wouldn't keep me from cheering for my lifelong team. However, I don't expect a Bengals fan to like the Skins due to money.

We're spinning a little bit away from my point. I never said you should like the Redskins because they make the most money. This all started when I pointed out that the one Dallas fan was incorrect in saying that the Cowboys generated the most revenue. From there, you asked why it was a good thing, did we cheer for MS and IBM. I mentioned that the revenue wouldn't keep me from cheering for my lifelong team. However, I don't expect a Bengals fan to like the Skins due to money.

I think we are talking past each other. The who is more profitable question didn't bug me. Nothing you did bugged me.

What I find weird is this sudden feeling here that our collective money is at risk or something. There is this weird pride that some people have because Dan Snyder can market the heck out of a club.

Dan Snyder is a great businessman. Booley for him. But none of this matters if the league is unrecognizable in 2008.

I think we are talking past each other. The who is more profitable question didn't bug me. Nothing you did bugged me.

What I find weird is this sudden feeling here that our collective money is at risk or something. There is this weird pride that some people have because Dan Snyder can market the heck out of a club.

Dan Snyder is a great businessman. Booley for him. But none of this matters if the league is unrecognizable in 2008.

Cool...I hear you.

I just don't know that it would be so unrecognizable...

Like I've said, the NFL flourished before 1994 as well.

I can't believe we are actually arguing about the value of the franchise...and somehow taking that as a point of pride.

Does everyone here cheer for IBM and Microsoft too?

Heh heh heh. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Here we are ragging each other about how much money our teams make, when the fact of the matter is they are making it off us.

You touting Snyder and the redskins or me touting Jones and the Cowboys is like us laughing because those guys are making all that money off of us !!!!

I guess it just goes to show you redskin and cowboys fans will argue over anything.

It's an interesting discussion' date=' but it's becoming a my dad is bigger than your dad deal.

Out of curiosity, isn't the new Cowboys stadium publicly financed?[/quote']

I don't follow it too much but i think he is flipping the bill for exactly half, and the city the other half.

Lets see, the most popular team in the NFL. More fans than any other team out there which in turn buys more merchandise, more TV dollars cause more people want to see them either because they love them or hate them, than any other team.

If you want to throw a NY team in there as well fine. But if you say the redskins your nuts. Outside of the Maryland/Virginia area, nobody cares about that team. And if nobody cares, there's not as much money.

Have you ever even left Dallas? I lived in Italy for 5 months and the ONLY American sportswear I saw people wearing all throughout Europe was Yankees and REDSKINS. I live in San Diego, and I there are plenty of people out here that care and love the Redskins, so don't give me your baseless assumptions that no one outside of the Maryland/Virginia area follows the team.

Ok enough I cant take it anymore! Enough of the Baseball BASHING! Jesus H! We freakin live in America CAPATLISM DRIVES THIS COUNTRY! So why do people not in baseball ***** and complain about how baseball is out of wack! The fact of the matter is every baseball owner makes money, now how they decided to spend that money is their choice! The Yankees make the most money because they spend the most! The put the money right back into their product! And I'm tired of hearing this crap that the Yankees are bad for sports! No the yankees are a great buisness and a great team! I love the Skin but damnit people get off baseballs case!

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :yawnee:

Seriously, get over it, it's baseball.

the Super Bowl will begin to not mean nearly as much if there is no chance for teams to even contend. I mean its hard enough for teams like detroit, arizona, and cleveland to be productive. imagine how it would be for them if there is no cap. But it would make the rivalry between dallass and washington that much heavier

When there was no salary cap previously, Joe Gibbs STILL didn't really have any superstars, rather used Mr Cooke's money to secure quality veteran depth. - That is what I think we would see if this happens again.

EXACTLY.

We're not going to go on yearly FA binges.

We'll sign players when we need to, but Gibbs will use his nearly infinite resources to lock guys up and get great depth.

Guys like Washington, Portis, Rogers, Taylor, Griffin, Moss, Cooley, etc. etc. will all finish their careers as Redskins.

Ok enough I cant take it anymore! Enough of the Baseball BASHING! Jesus H! We freakin live in America CAPATLISM DRIVES THIS COUNTRY! So why do people not in baseball ***** and complain about how baseball is out of wack! The fact of the matter is every baseball owner makes money, now how they decided to spend that money is their choice! The Yankees make the most money because they spend the most! The put the money right back into their product! And I'm tired of hearing this crap that the Yankees are bad for sports! No the yankees are a great buisness and a great team! I love the Skin but damnit people get off baseballs case!

So you want the NFL to look like baseball or not?

Lets see, the most popular team in the NFL. More fans than any other team out there which in turn buys more merchandise, more TV dollars cause more people want to see them either because they love them or hate them, than any other team.

If you want to throw a NY team in there as well fine. But if you say the redskins your nuts. Outside of the Maryland/Virginia area, nobody cares about that team. And if nobody cares, there's not as much money.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you are completely and totally in the wrong.

Perhaps before just making up statements like "no fan base outside of Virginia" [hate to tell you, we love the Skins here in Carolina because they used to be the only team around] and "the most popular team in the NFL" you should instead consult the facts.

As per Forbes.com...

The Dallas Cowboys pull in 231 million per year in revenues and are worth 1.1 billion dollars. Their operating costs total 54.3 million dollars, leaving them with 176.9 million dollars to spend on players. http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/300988.html

The Washington Redskins pull in 287 million per year in revenues and are worth 1.3 billion dollars. Operating costs for them total 53.8 million dollars, leaving them with 233.2 million dollars to spend on players. http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/300925.html

Now, last time I checked, that equals a 56 million dollar disparity in total earnings in favor of the Redskins, and a 67.3 million dollar disparity in the total money that can be spent on players, once again, in favor of the Redskins.

Do yourself a favor and fact-check before you come in a Redskins board and make an ass of yourself.

Tread carefully. We do our homework.

:logo:

That thing is ugly as sin too. The top of it is at a tilt and they're using those unfinished metal crossbars over the top like they have at their current stadium...looks like its still not finished being built. Let me take a shot in the dark here and guess that its going to be turf and have another hole in the roof...terrible. Nothing worse than watching a game in that stadium on TV and the shadows offset by the light seeping through that hole are so damn distracting. Only thing that's worse is when it rains, only from one 35 to the other get wet...thats just weird man. Either build a dome or don't, enough of this hole in the roof nonsense.

P.S. WeOwnU, please continue posting on extremeskins.com, you provide vauluable insight into the "mind" of actual cowboy fans. Your uneducated opinions and lack of factual support for any of your wild declarations give many young Redskins fans a unique perspective on why "cowboy fans suck". Enjoy your clown suit, you earned it.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you are completely and totally in the wrong.

Perhaps before just making up statements like "no fan base outside of Virginia" [hate to tell you, we love the Skins here in Carolina because they used to be the only team around] and "the most popular team in the NFL" you should instead consult the facts.

As per Forbes.com...

The Dallas Cowboys pull in 231 million per year in revenues and are worth 1.1 billion dollars. Their operating costs total 54.3 million dollars, leaving them with 176.9 million dollars to spend on players. http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/300988.html

The Washington Redskins pull in 287 million per year in revenues and are worth 1.3 billion dollars. Operating costs for them total 53.8 million dollars, leaving them with 233.2 million dollars to spend on players. http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/300925.html

Now, last time I checked, that equals a 56 million dollar disparity in total earnings in favor of the Redskins, and a 67.3 million dollar disparity in the total money that can be spent on players, once again, in favor of the Redskins.

Do yourself a favor and fact-check before you come in a Redskins board and make an ass of yourself.

Tread carefully. We do our homework.

:logo:

Did you really expect a Cowgirls fan to understand what you just posted??? :laugh: Im surprised this one is literate. Forbes.... :doh: Im willing to bet he thought you just spelled Ford wrong.

Hey, I admitted I was wrong. Cut a guy some slack. I don't go to google everytime someone asks me a question, thats why I said "My guess would be the cowboys".

Any fool can go to google and look it up.

But the fact remains, the cowboys are #2 behind the skins in revenue. My point is still valid. Considering the stadium we play in. By all accounts, a dump, and we are still number 2 in revenue? Thats pretty damn good in my book.

Tell you what. You take our stadium capacity and we'll take yours, and see if you guys even break into the top 10 in revenue.

Great points but:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Rank_1.html

Rank Team Current Value1 ($mil) 1-Yr Value Change (%) Debt/Value3 (%) Revenues4 ($mil) Operating Income5 ($mil)

1 Washington Redskins 1,264 15 19 287 53.8

2 Dallas Cowboys 1,063 15 19 231 54.3

3 New England Patriots 1,040 21 29 236 50.5

4 Philadelphia Eagles 952 14 35 216 24.5

5 Houston Texans 946 5 45 215 41.3

6 Denver Broncos 907 11 22 202 49.4

7 Cleveland Browns 892 12 11 203 41.1

8 Carolina Panthers 878 16 14 195 24.3

9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 877 13 16 195 45.4

10 Chicago Bears 871 11 22 193 40.1

11 Baltimore Ravens 864 11 32 192 32.7

12 Miami Dolphins 856 12 23 190 15.8

13 Green Bay Packers 849 12 4 189 35.4

14 Tennessee Titans 839 14 15 186 35.1

15 Seattle Seahawks 823 16 14 183 14.4

16 Pittsburgh Steelers 820 14 12 182 36.5

hmmm operating income Dallas comes in #1 I didn't expect that. Once Dallas has its new state of the art stadium in 2009 these numbers will change drastically i would reckon

Archived