Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the Redskin's Franchise Player?

SkinsD

My friend and I were debating this. Every team has a franchise player, the face of the team. LT in San Diego, Peyton in Indy, McNabb in Pfilthy. Do we even have one? My friend said it is ST, I think he is close but hasn't been on the team long enough. I argued it is Jansen, I know most franchise type players are never linemen but isn't he the quintessential Redskin? He has played for many years, is reliable, only one injured season, has a great personality, and played with two broken thumbs :cheers:

Who do you think is our franchise player?

It is definitely Portis. Sean Taylor is a borderline recluse, Santanna Moss is a low key guy. It is Portis without a doubt. It should be Lavar but the events of the last two years have changed that. I think it is a good thing for Portis to be the face of this franchise. He is our best football player.

100% its clinton portis. Most people outside of us redskins fans would agree with that in my opinion, although I can see how many skins fans would pick ST. Overall though I really think Portis is the face of the skins, and if he has a better year next year you can definetly put him down as the "face" of the skins. (or faces if you count SE jerome, etc)

It's Portis, no doubt. Sean Taylor makes big plays so teams will tend to stay away from his side of the field, and you won't hear his name called much. Moss has the big plays but then some teams will double and tripple cover him and shut him down. With Portis you know he's going to touch the ball 20+ times a game.

Archived