Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Texans trading the pick?(link included)

the burgundy and gold

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflcombine-notebook&prov=ap&type=lgns

i wonder what the skins would have to give up to get it and if they did (which is very doubtful) who would they get?

Thanks for the article. I wouldn't even know where to start when it comes to what the Texans need. I guess the biggest thing they need is an offensive line. I don't think we have much to offer them, but it would be awesome if would could obtain that pick.

We wouldnt trade that high. But we would probally draft. Chad Jackson, Vernon Davis, Mario Williams, Tambi Halli, or SanAntonio Holmes. Maybe Reggie Bush so clinton and reggie could complement each other. Most likely Chad Jackson or SanAntonio Holmes though. I wouldnt know why we would trade that far up though.

Quarterback: Jason Campbell

Running Back: Clinton Portis

Fullback: Mike Sellers, Chris Cooley

Wide Reciever 1: Santana Moss

Wide Reciever 2: Chad Jackson

Wide Reciever 3: David Patten

Tight End 1: Chris Cooley/Leonard Pope

I'd love that.

We wouldnt trade that high. But we would probally draft. Chad Jackson, Vernon Davis, Mario Williams, Tambi Halli, or SanAntonio Holmes. Maybe Reggie Bush so clinton and reggie could complement each other. Most likely Chad Jackson or SanAntonio Holmes though. I wouldnt know why we would trade that far up though.

I'd love that.

they should trade down and get the #5 pick in 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th rounds.

I'd love that.

I love this post. Thank you FootballGuy you just made my day with this post. I this was the Redskins starting lineup I would be the happiest person in the world.

This is the best thing the Texans could do. Their best player is D. Davis and they just gave him an extension before last year. Bush is highly coveted so may teams would probably want to trade up. They should trade down as far as they can so they could still get Ferguson. Their line is terrible, which is surprising w/ Casserly's background w/ the skins you would think he would put an emphasis on the o-line.

I doubt Texas will move out of the top five, and they will pick up some nice compensation if they can trade the pick. We would have to give up our entire draft plus a player or two and/or next year's number one pick to get the number one pick from Texas. Not even a consideration.

I doubt Texas will move out of the top five, and they will pick up some nice compensation if they can trade the pick. We would have to give up our entire draft plus a player or two and/or next year's number one pick to get the number one pick from Texas. Not even a consideration.

PLus how would we sing the pick? were so far over cap we would have to cut the guy by 6/1....lol

We dont need to waste another draft pick on a WR, all the WR available are OK, none of them are stand out, especially not good enough for the 1st overall pick. If for whatever reason we were able to obtain that pick the player for us would without a doubt be Mario Williams from NC State. We better not draft a WR that will probably just end up like Taylor Jacobs....A BIG WASTE

Texans should definately do everything they can to trade down and get D'Brick. Also, we should not draft Jackson. Thank god he will be gone well before we draft. Now we just have to keep from drafting a different WR. I really hope we go with best player available between guard, olb, safety (if we lose Clarke), or de in the 2nd and go with Tim Day in the 3rd.

We don't need a pick that high in the draft. The only player projected in the top 5 that would fit our needs, is Mario Williams. The only other player in the top 10 that might fit a need is Vernon Davis... but we already have Cooley, and really only need a a blocking TE. Davis would be overkill.

WRs... there are none that are worthy of a top 10 choice in this draft. At least not in my opinion.

If we do trade into the first round, I would hope it would be to take a defensive end in the late first half of the round. And that's assuming that we've met the need for a WR via free agency.

I started a thread a while back about this subject and I think I said the Texans would be smart to trade this pick, get D Brick and a bunch of other picks. Herchel Walker type trade all over again. Lose a marquee player but gain a whole team. Makes sense to me.

This trade will easily be better than the Eli Manning trade. However, do you still pass up on a player as explosive as Bush? I always like drafting by position needs, but in this scenario, I'd easily want to take Bush, unless some trade offer was just that lucrative.

I guess the Jets or Packers would want to get a new RB. If the Texans 2nd priority is Ferguson, what would happen if the Titans say they will draft him? Might have to trade that pick back up.

Archived