Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

#

• 1) Use Beltway Exit 13. I've been told hardly anybody uses this route. Take Ritchie Marlboro Rd. west to Ritchie Rd. Turn right. This road changes to Morgan Blvd. You're there.
  • 2) Use Rt 295, Baltimore-Washington Pkwy. Rt. 295 is Beltway Exit 22. Take the Baltimore-Washington Pkwy south to Rt 202 Landover Rd. Take Rt 202 Landover Rd. east. You will eventually turn right onto Brightseat Rd. You're there.
  • 3) Use Route 704. See map. Route 704 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Hwy) is interesting because it is one of the few that easily hooks up with Sheriff Rd to the west and also Brightseat Rd. to the north. Here are three options:
    #
    -

• a) Taking Sheriff Rd towards the stadium, you unfortunately won't be allowed to turn right onto Redskins Rd. But you can cross it (Sheriff Rd becomes Brightseat Rd.) and access the grey lots on the right or Arena Dr or even Central Ave. by continuing up Brightseat. :secret: you can also take advantage of cash parking on the front lawns of private homes along Sheriff Rd. for around $25
    #
    +
    • a) Taking Sheriff Rd towards the stadium, you unfortunately won't be allowed to turn right onto Redskins Rd. But you can cross it (Sheriff Rd becomes Brightseat Rd.) and access the grey lots on the right or Arena Dr or even Central Ave. by continuing up Brightseat. :secret: you can also take advantage of cash parking on the front lawns of private homes along Sheriff Rd. for around $25
      #
    • B) Another option from Rt 704 (coming from the north) is to turn at Ardwick Ardmore Rd. for one block, then turn right at Brightseat. From there, you can proceed south for about a mile and a half and you'll run right into the stadium. Except for FedExField area fans, this route is relatively unknown and severely underused. You're there.
      #
      -

• #
      +
    • c) From Rt 704 (coming from the south), turn right onto Rt 202 Landover Rd. Make your next right onto Brightseat Rd. You're there.

#

#

-

[*]4) Use Route 50. See map. Here are two options:

eshead9sjpg.jpg

I'm not familiar with how the industry handles this. I guess if procedure is to pay at the cash register, the restaurant pays, but if a customer leaves money at the table, the wait person pays.

DLSF say a typical tip in Missouri is ten percent so she would have made $5 on the table.

She's looking forward to coming back to this area where she can expect twenty percent. :)

Only places like Waffle House, Denny's and IHOP, pay at the register these days really. I always find it odd when I sit in a place and people get up with their bill in hand.

Most places you pay the server. They take care of the transaction.

The waiter should not pay for theft from the guest. Restaurants don't ask you to pay for dishes that YOU break, why would they ask you to pay for the criminal to keep your job? thats just BS.

My guess is the area she works in is not one that is well rounded and a little bit of a throwback. Those people dont even know that she is working for 2 bucks an hour and the proper way to tip. Hell it was 15% when we were kids Mark.

Only places like Waffle House, Denny's and IHOP, pay at the register these days really. I always find it odd when I sit in a place and people get up with their bill in hand.

Most places you pay the server. They take care of the transaction.

The waiter should not pay for theft from the guest. Restaurants don't ask you to pay for dishes that YOU break, why would they ask you to pay for the criminal to keep your job? thats just BS.

My guess is the area she works in is not one that is well rounded and a little bit of a throwback. Those people dont even know that she is working for 2 bucks an hour and the proper way to tip. Hell it was 15% when we were kids Mark.

You're not going to get an argument from me, bro.

I waited tables for six months, and you're right, 15% was standard. That was at Chesapeake Bay Seafood House (remember all you can eat Alaskan crab legs?). Customers paid at the register.

I dunno - maybe back then, Missouri tips were 5%...

That was at Chesapeake Bay Seafood House (remember all you can eat Alaskan crab legs?). Customers paid at the register.

I dunno - maybe back then, Missouri tips were 5%...

I used to go to the Chesapeake Bay all the time with my folks. The best part about the all you can eat was that if you got the crab legs you could get anything else. I was just talking about that place a week ago. I was mad when the one near the original Ledo's became a Toy's R Us (Who knows what it is these days).

Old school tipping was a dollar for lunch and 2 for dinner. People don't realize that you pay taxes based on your sales, not on your tips.

Damn, I feel old all of a sudden. Lol.

if you are talking about over in langley park that Toys R Us is now a indoor swap meet.

No not the one by the Giant (New Hampshire and University)(used to be another grocery store too). That one (Toy's R Us) used to be something else too. Some kind of discount store...

The one closest to Ledo's. There was a High's across the street as well. I used to go there for Slush Puppies all the time when I was a kid.

The spot is closer to where "the Wiz" record store used to be. I know they built a Sonic across the street from there, and Pep Boys is right there. It's closer to Tic Toc if that helps.

This type of stuff drives me crazy. I guess I am getting senile after all.

yeah man, there was a mcdonalds there too. it is kind of down a little hill to the parking lot. right off riggs rd and university?

thats an indoor swap meet now.

Yep that's it. There used to be a Red Barn restaurant over there too. Across the street from McDonalds.

McDonalds is (was) right at that stoplight. So you got the spot. That McD's is gone too ?

Good for you ren...

I used to go the the Chesapeake Seafood House on Lee Hwy near where it intersects with 236. Right across from a private school. Loved that place. As for picking up tabs,I've seen it more than once in my day out here. Didn't like it,but it was more of the ownership than anything else. That policy plus having bartenders not only be charged for shortages in booze,but be charged an extra dollar for each...(I forgot how much booze),missing to supposedly pick up the cost of the mixers and any free pour used.

There is none. I have sun-, er, cheeseburgers for breakfast all the time.

Agreed. I mean if pizza is acceptable in the morning,(as it should be :) ),there's no reason why a cheeseburger shouldn't be,(which means I've done the same).

One of my coworkers (an older dude who really is lost when it comes to computers) came up to me earlier completely distraught because he couldn't get Word to automatically make a smiley face when he used the colon and parenthesis. Like, came over to my desk once and asked how to make the smiley face, went back to his desk and tried to do it, then came back over when it didn't work :doh: It's not rocket science!!!!!!!

Archived