Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

i just slept until 10:15. i haven't slept past 9:00 in at least 4 years.

i envy you, last time i slept past 7am was 11 years ago.....and only because i had the flu......i hate insomnia.....i also stay up until 2 am everynight, so its not from going to bed early

Yeah, I like Bonds. I don't have an explanation...I just like him.

at least you have no problem admitting it, most fans act like haters to fit in with the rest of the crowd. i don't like his attitude toward everyone, and if he used steroids, which i believe he did, he should be banned. it's not just him, i think everyone who uses or used is a joke.

as for liking unpopular players, i was always a die hard dennis rodman fan. like you said, i don't know why, i just like the guy. he's entertaining and tough, and always gave all he had....including giving all his money to fines :laugh:

I went to game 6 of the NLCS in 1991, in Pittsburgh. That was Bonds' contract year. That night, had they won, they'd have gone to the World Series.

I camped out by the players' parking lot, just to offer best wishes to the guys going in. (I know not to ask for autos before the game.) Anyway, Bonds pulled in in a silver 911, and Bonilla right next to him in a black one.

I walked over to Barry, wished him good luck, and asked if he'd stay in Pittsburgh the following season. He looked right at me and said, "S*** kid, I don't care."

Nice. You're playing for a trip to the WS, and you don't care what team you're playing for. *******

The only good thing that happened that night was that I got to talk to Dick Schaap for almost 10 minutes. I was babbling about how I expected a great pitching duel (Doug Drabek vs. Steve Avery) and he agreed. The guy was as nice as could be, and actually seemed to listen to me -- the clueless fan.

Turns out the game was a 1-0 thriller that the Braves won. Even though my Bucs lost, it was one of the best games I've ever seen. Andy Van Slyke fouled off three different pitches (long enough to be HRs if fair) before striking out to end the game.

Excuse the rambling, but that's one of my favorite sports memories -- Bonds excluded.

I went to game 6 of the NLCS in 1991, in Pittsburgh. That was Bonds' contract year. That night, had they won, they'd have gone to the World Series.

I camped out by the players' parking lot, just to offer best wishes to the guys going in. (I know not to ask for autos before the game.) Anyway, Bonds pulled in in a silver 911, and Bonilla right next to him in a black one.

I walked over to Barry, wished him good luck, and asked if he'd stay in Pittsburgh the following season. He looked right at me and said, "S*** kid, I don't care."

Nice. You're playing for a trip to the WS, and you don't care what team you're playing for. *******

The only good thing that happened that night was that I got to talk to Dick Schaap for almost 10 minutes. I was babbling about how I expected a great pitching duel (Doug Drabek vs. Steve Avery) and he agreed. The guy was as nice as could be, and actually seemed to listen to me -- the clueless fan.

Turns out the game was a 1-0 thriller that the Braves won. Even though my Bucs lost, it was one of the best games I've ever seen. Andy Van Slyke fouled off three different pitches (long enough to be HRs if fair) before striking out to end the game.

Excuse the rambling, but that's one of my favorite sports memories -- Bonds excluded.

great story....i am a braves fan myself, an vividly remember watching that game, and i must agree, it was one of the greatest games i've seen. and i was on the edge of my seat worried that van slyke would get a hold of one, because all of those fouls were 400 ft or more, so it woulda been done if it was fair.

:applause: :applause:

One of the finest and smartest men ever associated with sports. Complete class act also. I saw some of his life story that ESPN did - he seemed to have led an extraordinary and exciting life. Hon_Hog i'm jealous you got to speak to the man - great story! :cheers:

Archived