Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

How dare you

How dare you even think that.

To try to put peanut butter on the same level as BACON?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Those are the kinds of words that can get you banned around here.

Peanut Butter is just a snack that got lucky enough to be able to ride on jelly's coat-tails for all these years. Well I'm here to say "no more!" Its time that jelly divorced peanut butter and found his new bride - the banana!

But knowing that peanut butter can't survive on its own, she'll probably sue jelly for child support and still try to lurch off the memories.

I hate peanut butter!

Did you miss my :silly:

It's all good.You don't have to like peanut butter.:)

How dare you

How dare you even think that.

To try to put peanut butter on the same level as BACON?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Those are the kinds of words that can get you banned around here.

Peanut Butter is just a snack that got lucky enough to be able to ride on jelly's coat-tails for all these years. Well I'm here to say "no more!" Its time that jelly divorced peanut butter and found his new bride - the banana!

But knowing that peanut butter can't survive on its own, she'll probably sue jelly for child support and still try to lurch off the memories.

I hate peanut butter!

Just go and have yourself a Peanut Butter-Bacon Sandwich

now of corse that'd be a great sandwich, but only because of the Bacon. Bacon plus anything is great. so just like jelly, peanut butter'd be riding bacon's coat-tails. Peanut butter is good at riding coat-tails.

Do you eat Thai food ?

The Peanut Sauce is the clincher in Thai food.

It's basically sweetened, liquid Peanut Butter.

It MAKES Thai food.....it wouldn't be the same without it.

In that case, the Thai food is riding on the coat-tails of the Peanut Sauce.

So there.

Do you eat Thai food ?

The Peanut Sauce is the clincher in Thai food.

It's basically sweetened, liquid Peanut Butter.

It MAKES Thai food.....it wouldn't be the same without it.

In that case, the Thai food is riding on the coat-tails of the Peanut Sauce.

So there.

Thai food? :puke:

Thai food isn't that bad

Over the last couple of weeks I've been doing a lot of scouting around different food cultures of the world. One of those weeks I was looking over Thai cuisine and they have this hot sauce which is popular, also coconut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_cuisine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sriracha - hot sauce

Doesn't seem that bad. lol

Not to go all cultural but when we're talking foods from other countries Europe probably trumps them all, you got the Italians and their pasta, the French and their breads and pastries, the Spaniards with their paella etc, Europe is king of Intl' cuisine

To be honest, I've only had Thai once. It was a year or two ago. A new Thai place opened nearby and I thought I'd give it a shot. Some of the blandest food I've ever tasted. Wasn't all that impressed. Could have just been that place, I suppose. I might hit up another one sometime, who knows.

To be honest, I've only had Thai once. It was a year or two ago. A new Thai place opened nearby and I thought I'd give it a shot. Some of the blandest food I've ever tasted. Wasn't all that impressed. Could have just been that place, I suppose. I might hit up another one sometime, who knows.

Well at least you've tried it I've never had the chance. They used to have Thai food in Rockville but I don't know if that is still there, maybe they moved it.

I've also never had pho, which I hear many good things about. :silly:

Old me used to be intolerant and frightened of new cuisines...but as I've begun to watch more cooking shows and read more on food from the LA Times website I begin to expand my knowledge of new cultures and new foods. I ought to try some of them sometimes, I'm stuck in the whole "European / American" foods mindset.

PS : If slacky ever reads this we had Indian food the other day during that July 4th visit to the Mall, that wasn't so bad. Indian rice and vegetables mmm

Dang PCS .Your making me :hungry:

This talk about Thai food is making me hungry. :)

http://thailotuscafe.com/sltribreview.html

One perpetually favorite dish we sampled seemed a bit unusual: bacon, collard greens and rice. Surely, not from the Thai Muslim culinary repertoire; apart from the bed of jasmine rice wafting good smells, it sounds more like something you'd find at a rib joint. But the Southeast Asian version of this universally appealing combo of greens and fatty pork features thick cubes of crunchy, deep-fried (that's right!) bacon, al dente stems of collard greens and slender broccoli dressed with a warm mixture of soy and chili. For a party of four, we ordered two portions because really, who doesn't love bacon?

Have you ever had Sriracha

no, and i'm not talking about thai food!

edit: i just went to that link....my boyfriend bought it last time he went to the grocery store. They have that stuff at all the vietnamese restaurants. I don't really like sauces, so i won't eat it

That looks disgusting Captain Rich Fla.

It look bad, but do it this morning. you won't be let down. You can find it in some restaurants too. I think it's on the menu at Stingrays, on the eastern shore of VA. I don't enjoy a PB&J near as much without that crispy, heavenly goodness added to it. :hungry: I don't mean to freak anyone out, but scrapple and grape jelly sammiches are to die for too.:drool: But then again, I'm the guy who eats the yellow goop in a hard crab.:drool:

Archived