Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is what gets me

Bang

I swear.. sometimes I think that it is a viable strategy to try to shame us into allowing the most ridiculously contrary move in perhaps American history.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060221/us_nm/ports_bias_dc

Arab Americans see bigotry behind ports uproar

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Arab-Americans contended on Tuesday that bias and bigotry, not security concerns, lay behind the uproar over a deal that would place commercial operations at six U.S. ports in the hands of an Arab company.

The furor centers around the $6.8 billion acquisition by Dubai Ports World, owned by one of the United Arab Emirates, of London-based Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Co. P&O had been running operations at shipping terminals in New York, New Jersey, Baltimore, New Orleans, Miami, and Philadelphia.

Citing what they say are fears of lax security, politicians from both parties called on President George W. Bush to cancel the deal and several began drafting legislation to block it. The issue was also increasingly being aired on conservative talk radio stations and in Internet blogs.

"I find some of the rhetoric being used against this deal shameful and irresponsible. There is bigotry coming out here," said James Zogby, president of the Arab American Institute.

He said politicians were exploiting fears left over from September 11 to gain advantage in a congressional election year.

It absolutely is jaw dropping to me. I am utterly flabbergasted. How can these people not put two and two together and realizer our bigotry and bias stems directly from our security concerns? I swear, it is absolutely mind boggling to me how these groups and nations can sit and demand fairness when they won't even recognize why the fear is there in the first place.

~Bang

That's just it.... the "evil doers".... or islamofacists.... have realized how to fatten us up for an attack. They simply use our own political correctness and nearly incessant crys of racism in this country to veil their maneuvers to attack us again. They know if they cry bigotry and racism that the the shell shocked political correct "Don't call me a racist" crowd will listen up.... cowtoe to the pressure.... and the movement will gain traction.... and they can continue their mission.

I swear.. sometimes I think that it is a viable strategy to try to shame us into allowing the most ridiculously contrary move in perhaps American history.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060221/us_nm/ports_bias_dc

It absolutely is jaw dropping to me. I am utterly flabbergasted. How can these people not put two and two together and realizer our bigotry and bias stems directly from our security concerns? I swear, it is absolutely mind boggling to me how these groups and nations can sit and demand fairness when they won't even recognize why the fear is there in the first place.

~Bang

I understand your concerns on this Bang. And I think you have read enough of my posts to realize my views on the whole war on terror

But in this case, it looks so blatantly obvious, and the comments coming from politicans laced with vitrol, you can't help but wonder as a Muslim if this battle is really about security or about "those damn sand ******s"

This is a chance to show that hey we can distinguish between terrorists and legitimate business people. That yes we know not all of you are terrorists

Get American born citizens to work there, make them have TSSCI, and have our people screen and patrol it

I understand your concerns on this Bang. And I think you have read enough of my posts to realize my views on the whole war on terror

But in this case, it looks so blatantly obvious, and the comments coming from politicans laced with vitrol, you can't help but wonder as a Muslim if this battle is really about security or about "those damn sand ******s"

This is a chance to show that hey we can distinguish between terrorists and legitimate business people. That yes we know not all of you are terrorists

Get American born citizens to work there, make them have TSSCI, and have our people screen and patrol it

Good post.

We are not turning our ports over to Al-Queda. We're turning them over to a company. I think it is very important to make that distinction.

Archived