Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Vick

rvan1

Actually the girl was 15, and in VA it is not rape

How did whole the girls thing get out? It is simple, and having been in Blacksburg when the story came out I got plenty of first hand facts

First hand facts? From the girls (there were 3, not one girl)? Or from Vick?

The girls were the ones who approached Marcus, Mike and Brendan at VT basketball game. One of the girls had a Radford ID of her older sister who at the time worked at O'Charley's in Christiansburg.

Anyways the night happened and nothing was heard for about 2 weeks. During that 2 week time the girls proceeded to brag about the incident in their school, and word got up to teachers, who told administrators, who told parents. Then charges were filed, and after all the evidence shown, he along with Imoh and Hill were convicted of providing alcohol to minors

The night happened? I love how you gloss over the fact that Vick and his friends nailed three young girls. One was 14.

As for the other issues, well they are there in black and white, and I don't defend his ass from those, I just ask people actually use facts

One of his accusers in the gun incident was recently arrested for grand larceny. I can't wait to hear you say some money exchanged hands when Sean Taylor gets off in April

Right... so one of the guys he pointed a gun at was also a scumbag? That just tells you something about the kinds of people and places he frequents. Remember, this was right after he was kicked out of school and preparing to enter the draft, and Vick doesn't have the sense to stay out of trouble?

And these are just a few of the issues. The drugs, the driving without a license, it just goes on and on. I can't believe you're defending him. He's had his second chance. His third chance. His tenth chance. He's blown them all. You can't just blame it on immaturity, or on some teen girls tricking him, or some accusers out to get money. He's dug his own hole. He doesn't deserve anyone's respect.

Actually the girl was 15, and in VA it is not rape

How did whole the girls thing get out? It is simple, and having been in Blacksburg when the story came out I got plenty of first hand facts

First hand facts? From the girls (there were 3, not one girl)? Or from Vick?

The night happened? I love how you gloss over the fact that Vick and his friends nailed three young girls. One was 14.

Right... so one of the guys he pointed a gun at was also a scumbag? That just tells you something about the kinds of people and places he frequents. Remember, this was right after he was kicked out of school and preparing to enter the draft, and Vick doesn't have the sense to stay out of trouble?

And these are just a few of the issues. The drugs, the driving without a license, it just goes on and on. I can't believe you're defending him. He's had his second chance. His third chance. His tenth chance. He's blown them all. You can't just blame it on immaturity, or on some teen girls tricking him, or some accusers out to get money. He's dug his own hole. He doesn't deserve anyone's respect.

Man, you seem to be misinterpreting what I am saying here. If you do read my post carefully though you will see exactly where I got firsthand facts from

Never have I advocated us picking up the guy, and if you read through this thread you will see it clearly that I don't want him to be a Redskin

What I have been saying is if you bash the guy, get the facts right. There is enough to get the guy on that you don't have to embellish or outright lie about the facts of the case

His record speaks for itself, no need to mangle it and make it sound worse then it is.

Is he a talented football player? Yes. Do I want him on this team? No

And Redzone, how many of those wins were from the World War 1 era? :laugh:

If we bash the guy, lets get the facts right? Its sort of hard to get them wrong. Pick a crime and chances are Vick has been arrested, convicted, or at least accused of it.

Boo hoo, tough childhood. Do we seriously want to turn this team into the dallas cowboys, with criminals and drug addicts at every position? I dont think so. That is why the Redskins will not even consider Vick, I can gauruntee you that. Argue about it all you want, but the Redskins wont give him even a first thought, much less a second.

If we bash the guy, lets get the facts right? Its sort of hard to get them wrong. Pick a crime and chances are Vick has been arrested, convicted, or at least accused of it.

Boo hoo, tough childhood. Do we seriously want to turn this team into the dallas cowboys, with criminals and drug addicts at every position? I dont think so. That is why the Redskins will not even consider Vick, I can gauruntee you that. Argue about it all you want, but the Redskins wont give him even a first thought, much less a second.

Nm not worth it

Vick has a well-established record, and he's got no one, not underage girls or questionable characters hanging out at McDonalds, to blame for it. Every time he got another chance, he screwed up. He will screw up again.

You're defending him, much like Va Tech defended him throughout his career there. They shouldn't have. If Beamer had taken a hard line early, much of this could have been prevented. But this kid was treated like a star from the day he arrived in his brother's Escalade. And it went downhill from there.

I really hope he becomes a Cowboy.

Vick has a well-established record, and he's got no one, not underage girls or questionable characters hanging out at McDonalds, to blame for it. Every time he got another chance, he screwed up. He will screw up again.

You're defending him, much like Va Tech defended him throughout his career there. They shouldn't have. If Beamer had taken a hard line early, much of this could have been prevented. But this kid was treated like a star from the day he arrived in his brother's Escalade. And it went downhill from there.

I really hope he becomes a Cowboy.

How on earth am I defending him? I am just making sure you have your facts correct old man

Like it or not the law in VA for stat rape is under 15. There was no conviction for stat rape.

So lets get our facts straight here, ok?

Should he ever become a Washington Redskin? No. And if you find a post where I advocate this, I will leave the forum

Like it or not the law in VA for stat rape is under 15. There was no conviction for stat rape.

So lets get our facts straight here, ok?

Your arguments have absolutely no relationship to "facts". First of all, there is no legal term "statutory rape" in Virginia. There are two statutes governing sex with children: one, a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison, is for having sex with a child under 15. The second, a class one misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in prison, is for having sex with a child of 15, 16, or 17.

Vick was not convicted of either because he was not charged with either. The girls wouldn't testify. One of the girls was 14, and two were 15. Vick was convicted on three misdemeanor charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Facts. Get it?

Your arguments have absolutely no relationship to "facts". First of all, there is no legal term "statutory rape" in Virginia. There are two statutes governing sex with children: one, a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison, is for having sex with a child under 15. The second, a class one misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in prison, is for having sex with a child of 15, 16, or 17.

Vick was not convicted of either because he was not charged with either. The girls wouldn't testify. One of the girls was 14, and two were 15. Vick was convicted on three misdemeanor charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Facts. Get it?

Thats all we needed to see old man. However he was charged with 4 misdeamonors, 3 for allowing underage girls to have alcohol and 1 for having sex with a 15 year old

Like I said, facts my friend, facts

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5234222

i would not take marcus vick regardless of the potential upside. did anyone see the bowl game where the classless, vick stepped on a player down. plus i think one gun toting player is enough for our team. at least taylor can help the team... :dallasuck

Here's a bit a heresy. I wouldn't take him because I don't think he can play, not at QB, not at WR. He doesn' t have his brother's reflexes, moves, or speed. He's only fairly accurate as a passer, often erratic. He'd be a late round pick if he were a choir boy, and too long a shot for us.

Here's a bit a heresy. I wouldn't take him because I don't think he can play, not at QB, not at WR. He doesn' t have his brother's reflexes, moves, or speed. He's only fairly accurate as a passer, often erratic. He'd be a late round pick if he were a choir boy, and too long a shot for us.

I think he could be a pretty good WR. He does have very good straight line speed, and showed ability in the bowl game against Cal in 2003

With his baggage though, I still say no

And Pleaseblitz, I see you lurking! :laugh:

Have to disagree. He's more of a pure QB than his brother, has the arm-strength and only got erratic when he had no protection.

Have to disagree. He's more of a pure QB than his brother, has the arm-strength and only got erratic when he had no protection.

You may be right. He is more of a pure QB than his brother and does have arm strength, and DOES get eratic when his protection breaks down.

Archived