Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Vick

rvan1

I'd take him in the 6th as a "project" WR. He's not a QB, nor is his brother.

What? Marcus and Michael are both legitimate QBs. Michael needs to work on his accuracy though.

Marcus is a natural QB who I would jump at drafting if he was not such a bonehead. I don't know why people say Mike Vick is not a QB and for you to say that Marcus is not one is perposterous.

For Sure. I think who ever snatches him up is going to get a steal. Living around the Vicks' hometown, there was a lot of talk about Marcus' recent behavior being 'out of character'. Mike has a decent head on his shoulders and Marcus really looks up to Mike. I think Mike will continue to support his little bro and become a positve figure for him. Not only that, Marcus needed to get out of the college atmosphere, especially VT. Ive visited a lot of schools but I dont know how ANYONE graduates from VT, the party scene is balls out. He'll be amongst men when he gets picked up by some lucky team and I think that will help him too. Marcus has the potential to be a better QB than Mike, he's already much more accurate and any tech fan will tell you he's got the Vick family feet, he just prefers to throw. If he's available in the 4th round I'd grab him!

...hows that for going out on a limb?

man.. I said the same thing and everyone gave me hell.. and even closed my thread... I think he will also be gone by the 3rd round.. Kid's got a lot of talent. I don't see him being a qb.. I see him being a WR with the ability to throw.. kinda like Randle El..

Yeah so he's a wannabe thug.. and our ST isn't.. come on man, we need people with attitude, and a rep sheet.. :) Hail to the Redskins..

Ive visited a lot of schools but I dont know how ANYONE graduates from VT, the party scene is balls out.

Are you talking about the same VT I am going to? You sure you're not talking about Vermont? VT is definitly NOT a party school, not what people try to make it out to be. That was not Marcus' problem. His problem was he got EVERYTHING he wanted from his brother. Once he got to Tech, he had girls and everyone all over him because they expected Mike all over again. Who knows, he might be better in the NFL, but I still say no thanks.

PS if you really want a party school, check out WVU as Pleaseblitz can probably tell you, better parties there than VT. But Go Hokies anyway.

Are you talking about the same VT I am going to? You sure you're not talking about Vermont? VT is definitly NOT a party school, not what people try to make it out to be. That was not Marcus' problem. His problem was he got EVERYTHING he wanted from his brother. Once he got to Tech, he had girls and everyone all over him because they expected Mike all over again. Who knows, he might be better in the NFL, but I still say no thanks.

PS if you really want a party school, check out WVU as Pleaseblitz can probably tell you, better parties there than VT. But Go Hokies anyway.

Agree, I WISH Tech was the party school that I had heard of before I got there

It usually ended up being "DUDES NIGHT OUT" :laugh:

Nonetheless a great 4 years for me

I agree that he looked like a spoiled child that got everything he wanted. However, I still believe he has alot in him as an athlete and character. Mike said, "the way he was acting this past season was not like him"..paraphrasing of course. I know there'll be alot of questions, with no answers until he goes to the nfl combine. That's if he goes. If he doesn't he is making a very big mistake.

In ref to the question: If he does well at work outs for nfl scouts, combine as such. Then H!! yeah. This guy will be good at the next level. Once he finds out everything won't be given to him, he'll get his act together.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: haha as a student at VT i wish the parties here were like that too! Too bad every party is a sausage fest. ANYWAYS... NO WAY ON MARCUS! As a hokie fan i saw marcus tear a team apart, give us all hopes, and smash them into a million pieces. I'm not about to go through that as a Skins fan too. Marcus goes to Canada...i hear that scramblers have a good shot in the CFL.

Coach Gibbs has been quoted as saying "character is the most important" factor when he evaluates a player...What does that say?

theres the answer to this thread. the kid seriously could use a couple years working at the newport news shipbuilding yard which is only a couple miles from where he grew up... after that maybe he'd have some character!

As a student who has seen all this first hand...I say he's got the talent to be a great WR, and might worth it as a QB as a longshot....

...then I remember he's an idiot who can't keep out of trouble, and how annoying it was to hear about him every second of the day.

NO THANKS!

im with you..... :applause:

vick wont play a down of nfl football as a QB... but maybe as a WR or special teamer

I humbly disagree. Marcus is a legitimate QB. The way I see it, the question of whether or not he will play in the NFL will not hinge on the position he plays but will be dependent on whether or not he can get his act together.

I would take a chance, but I just don't think that Gibbs is really at the point where he will be trying to discipline a young man who has some troubles. I just think that we need to focus on a championship. But, I liked him as a QB before the gator bowl, but he has had problems. I hope he does turn it around.

As a Hokie I wouldn't want him either.

Against the better competition he was terrible (Miami and FSU) and even against UNC and Maryland he was average at best.

If you noticed, in several games this year VT just pounded the ball instead of giving him the opportunity to make plays. That shows the staff did not have confidence in his ability to make good decisions with the ball.

If he makes it in the NFL it will have to be at WR which he played in the Insight Bowl 2 years ago and caught a TD pass.

Archived