Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Vick

rvan1

He's got the speed to be a wide receiver and I guess if things went real bad he could fill in at QB (unlikely). If Gibbs thinks he's worth taking a chance on then I'm comfortable with it. I just don't know how he'll react with all of the attention that will be there being Mike Vick's brother. You know complaining about playing time, members of the team not kissing his backside like VT did. He could be a factor either way. I'll leave it up to the office.

Marcus = Randall El type roll, but this man deserves to ROT at home. He has been given chance after chance after chance to do the right thing... he will never learn. End this thread, he doesn't deserve to be talked about anymore... thank you.

(stepping off soapbox.)

Uh, no. He would fail the drug test. He has a criminal record, and has been kicked off his college team. Why would you even suggest a player like this? We have 2 good quarterbacks, and people keep wanting to draft quarterbacks. Stop it please. Think about it, then write your post.

Just interviewed him on NFL network at the combine

Interesting stuff

- Measured at 6 feet, 201 pounds

- Will run and throw on Sunday

- Said the McDonalds situation was blown out of proportion, he didn't

have a gun all he had was his cell phone

- One of his accusors was arrested last week for armed robbery

The gun situation sounds more and more like Sean Taylor's situation every day

And it looks like he has lost some serious weight, he was playing at 215 this past year

Ive visited a lot of schools but I dont know how ANYONE graduates from VT, the party scene is balls out.

...hows that for going out on a limb?

Are you talking about the same VT I am going to? You sure you're not talking about Vermont? VT is definitly NOT a party school, not what people try to make it out to be. That was not Marcus' problem. His problem was he got EVERYTHING he wanted from his brother. Once he got to Tech, he had girls and everyone all over him because they expected Mike all over again. Who knows, he might be better in the NFL, but I still say no thanks.

PS if you really want a party school, check out WVU as Pleaseblitz can probably tell you, better parties there than VT. But Go Hokies anyway.

College? Yeah, I vaguely remember those 5 years of my life. Alcohol fueled whirlwind of booze, women, and not sleeping. Oh, and studying. :laugh:

If anybody could right Vick's straying ship, it's Gibbs. I wouldn't go reaching for him. I'm ambivalent on Vick though. I'd rather have about 10 other Hokies on the Redskins.

Ahh, college. Yes, I miss those days. Beloved Blacksburg. I wouldn't want to go back though. Don't think I could survive a second time around.

College? Yeah, I vaguely remember those 5 years of my life. Alcohol fueled whirlwind of booze, women, and not sleeping. Oh, and studying. :laugh:

:cheers: Fhew. I am not alone. My memories of that time are getting hazy. I thought that wouldn't happen until I was at least 30. Basically I just remember it being the best 4 years ever.

Oh, and what is this studying thing you speak of? :pint:

I would take Vick if he is available.......not sure if this was posted earlier on but regarding the gun altercation, he claims that all he pulled out was his blackberry, and that all it is about is blackmail, one of the guys accusing him was just arrested for armed robbery.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2345068&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

not that i believe marcus, but everyone keeps comparing him to clarret, this is no clarret, he has his brother he is set for life, no need for him to really get caught up in all of this........if he did, he did, but if you are going to say no to marcus just because of this incident, then i think you need to give him the chance to have it all played out in court........

you can not deny this guys talent, remember, if he had not had that incident where he stepped on that guy and now the gun incident (which still remains to play out in court) then this guy was considered a top ten pick in next years draft..........i think if they had beaten fsu which they really should have, he might even had gone into the draft as atope twenty pick this year......

think of all the busts that come up in the draft, seriously, all we hear about is how a team picks this guy and that guy in the later rounds and how they turned around teams..........but forget to remember all the countless busts in the later rounds.......

if you are talking about a later round pick, i do not see how marcus is all that of big "risk" with a later round pick..........

even with campbell.........why not take a chance, the upside of him turning out to be "big-time" far outways using a late round pick if he turns out to be a bust............

I'd take him in the 6th as a "project" WR. He's not a QB, nor is his brother.

His brother led his team to the NFC Championship game, no "quarterback" here has done that since 1991. Look, I know Micheal Vick plays for a diffrent team, but I respect the man. He grew up in Newport News thats not far from me with Aaron Brooks(Former Saints Quarterback).

Plus like said above, If he turns into a starting caliber Quarterback and Jason Campbell has already established himself as our franchise Quarterback. All we need to do is put him on the trading block and can you say hello 2nd rounder? Maybe even a first rounder since his last name is "Vick".

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2346494

Vick had an above-average showing on the field this weekend but the same cannot be said for his interviews. With a multitude of off-the-field issues clouding his draft status, Vick has been put through the ringer by designated interviewers from several NFL teams. Not only has Vick failed to properly explain his past actions, the general consensus is that he has come off as "arrogant" and "smug" during the interviews. Furthermore, a number of scouts that I have spoken with this week said their respective teams have already taken Vick off their draft boards.

Archived