Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not ANOTHER Cheney thing, but this was pretty funny...

Winslowalrob

That was pretty funny, until the end. But....I used to love John Stewart until he stopped attacking both parties. Why is he so easy on the Democrats? Maybe it's just because the Repub's are in power, but I'd love to see some make fun of both sides. Maybe America would realize that both sides are heinous. Probably not, but at least it would show the weaknesses on both sides a "party".

He crushes Dems too and did all during the campaign and the blowhards in the news these days but as you said the Reps are in charge so are in the focal point.

Yeah, he goes hard on everyone. It's easier with the administration because they're giving him lots of material but the Dems being pathetically disorganized and an impotent party does get its fair share of his abuse.

Stewart to me is becoming a lot like Bill Maher.

He used to be an equal-opportunity offender... now he has an agenda.

I don't want agenda in my comedy.

Maher definately fits that description and so does Dennis Miller, who has become pretty much a Republican pundit these days. Stewart may not be right down the center, but he isn't on Maher and Miller's level.

BTW - this clip was awesome :laugh: :laugh:

Anyone who's ever seen Stewart make fun of Joe Lieberman knows he will definitely go after both sides. He delights in smashing Ted Kennedy, too. In fact, one of the Daily Show's tried and true staples is making the Democrats out to be spineless wussies lacking leadership. they use it all the time, and it's usually pretty hilarious.

I love Jon Stewart, and the fact is, if the Democrats held the power the Republicans do, he'd go after them just as much. That's the way it is when you do satire. Democrats just aren't in the news nearly as much anymore, excpet to hear how lousy they're doing.

~Bang

Archived