Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things that are tougher than Shaun Alexander

frankbones

Wow.

You're so incredibly wrong.

If any star player has been more mistreated by his team over the past few years, please, let me know.

He was pulled from the final game of the 2004 season while still in competition for the rushing title which caused him to lose it by only a yard or two.

He has played top notch ball for the past two years, and Seattle has continued to allow his contract to slip away despite his outstanding performance.

There is video footage of Holmgren telling Alexander that he didn't want to put him into the game this year to get the TD title because he was afraid that he would get injured. After the beating Holmgren took from the Seattle fans for the contract and rushing title, he begrudgingly let him go for it.

He's never caused a single problem in the locker room, never complained for more touches or about his role on the team, and doesn't act the fool in front of the camera the way so many other big names have started to do over the past few years. He doesn't badmouth the coaches or the organization, despite being held back by them in certain instances. He is a model player, and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as TO when discussing attitude.

Alexander deserves appropriate recognition for his actions. For you to say that he's a me-first player after all he's given to the Seahawks shows that you've not followed his career well enough to come to an educated conclusion about him.

OK, here's a few snippets from an article about your team oriented, downtrodden, blue collar hero.

Others point out flaws. He is someone who has slid feet-first to avoid a hit. He doesn't catch many passes. They pick at his blocking. They say he eyes long runs at the expense of more consistent production.

So what, is he a QB now? Yeah, he's a real tough guy:rolleyes:

Is it possible the only NFL player to score 15 or more touchdowns in four consecutive seasons is underappreciated? Could the player who has never failed to gain 1,100 yards in a season since becoming a starter not be well-rounded enough?

There are plenty of people on both sides of that debate. In fact, it's a subject almost every day on KJR-AM, the city's sports-talk radio station.

"There is absolutely no apathy when it comes to Alexander. Listeners either love his 1,500 yards, 18 touchdowns, and ear-to-ear smile. Or they despise his lethargic running style, unwillingness to block and catch, and deplorable 'stabbed in the back' reaction to not getting the rushing title in a win that clinched a home playoff game."

Was that last part what you meant when you said

He's never caused a single problem in the locker room, never complained for more touches or about his role on the team...

You characterize him as a downtrodden, mistreated would be star. However I think if anything he's a guy who's benefitted from a great offensive line/system and who's selfishness is covered up by a strong team culture and coach.

Therefore, I'd have to add this guy to the list of things tougher than Shaun Alexander.

weaker than a poke fans will power driving past a Monster truck show

weaker than my granny's bladder after drinking a Big Gulp

weaker than Michael Irvin's pledge to give up crack & 'ho's.....

weaker than Dick Cheney's aim

weaker than Peter Kings excuses to keep Monk out of the HOF

Dude, I got to give props where it is due. That was some funny stuff you wrote!!!

"My Granny's bladder"..................HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

This is crazy.

This guy gets a bad rap. He is probably the most productive back in the last 5 years (who is still starting).

So what if he is mild-mannered and doesn't run over people? The guy is a workhorse' date=' TD-scoring machine. He makes his runs look effortless- but he finds open space and rips off chunks of 5 and 6 yards and ALWAYS breaks a run of 20 or more. He carried Seattle when they had no passing offense to speak of. It has become en vogue to question the dude's toughness....but how many games has he missed to injury? Hardly any in 5 years.

It might be funny to make fun of him- but in reality I seriously hope you people are kidding. The guy can ball. And he'll probably continue to produce for 5 more years since he has not been taking "the big hit"[/quote']

He didn't look very tough against the Skins in the PLAYOFFS...I won't forget that!! :D

Archived