Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was it a TD or Not/Seattle?

santarpia

The pylon only counts if he had already landed his second foot. It's weird, but it's the rule. However the offensive pass interference was bull**** call as I have ever seen. It should have been defensive holding if anything. Here we go again with officiating. They absolutely suck this year, and I can't believe it has even made it to the SuperBowl this year. Fire the pukes. I am sick of it.

The ball broke the plane. I didn't think it was a touchdown when I first saw it, but the replay showed me the light.

Right he was about a foot off the ground when the ball broke the plane in his right hand, he was then hit and pushed back. We must remember that the plane starts at the front side of the white line and all the ball has to do is break that plane.

TD PITT

Are you sure about that?

The pylon only comes into play when the player is already in bounds and hits the pylon on his way out. Remember Portis had a TD that way this year, he was in bounds when he jumped in mid air he hit the pylon and when he landed he was out of bounds. The pylon does not serve in any form as an extended part of the field, it cannot serve as extra space to make a completion, the receiver's feet have to touch green not white, not orange.

Right he was about a foot off the ground when the ball broke the plane in his right hand, he was then hit and pushed back. We must remember that the plane starts at the front side of the white line and all the ball has to do is break that plane.

TD PITT

yep.

The push-off on on the Seattle receiver was a good call too. - If you're going to make the rule, you gotta call it.

Sorry. Ben was not in. Terrible call. The pass interferance call against seattle was awful as well. If pittsburg dosnt come out and dominate the second half, this superbowl will be viewed as a cheap win if he steelers win it by a couple points.

Once again......terrible officiating!!

When is the NFL going to do something about this?

Roethlis....whatever? was not in

PI, you have to be kidding me!

Don't you people know that the plane of the goal is the front of the white line? I thought it wasn't a TD either but on the replay you can clearly see that the ball was past that point. It wasn't like the Alstott run where he was obviously 6" short and facing the wrong direction.

Sorry, folks. No TD.

When a rushing player crosses the plane (meaning, if any portion of the ball crosses over any in bounds part of the line), then the play's over at that instant, and it's a TD. (Whereas, the player isn't out of bounds, no matter how much of his body is over the side line, untill part of the player touches out of bounds).

But when it's a pass, then it doesn't matter if the ball crosses the plane or not. It's not a "catch" untill his feet come down. In bounds. (Or, he gets pushed out.) (If his second foot had come down inside, then it wouldn't have mattered if the ball was in bounds or not.)

It was a TD. I was rooting for pitt., but after seeing the lack of respect for seattle, the home game for pitt, the refs calling the game for pitt and 100000000000 sports shows based on jerome bettis, Ive had all I can take......GO SEATTLE!!!!!

Yep. I feel it was a TD. I couldn't believe no replay. Where was Holmgren's red flag? This game is fixed. Damn anti-NFC zebras. Takes ALL the fun out of it. Now the Steelers have this momentum. It's just not fair. I wanted to see a fair, no injuries, slaughter of a game. And it's not happening.

GO SEATTLE!

Which part of "it's not a catch untill his feet come down, in bounds" do you folks not understand?

Yeah, the ball (may have) "broke the plane".

But if "break the plane" was enough, then Ramsey could score TDs from 60 yards out, simply by throwing the ball through an empty end zone.

It has to "break the plane" and get caught.

The refs RUINED this game. The non-TD on the Seahawks, the Rothlisburger TD, the phanton holding on what would have been a 1st and goal, the block on the ensuing INT return.... just pathetic.

What should have been a good close game wasn't allowed to be. :mad:

the call against the seahawks was a GOOD CALL, the seahawks receiver used the steelers cover to keep him away from the ball and to stop his progress and turn back toward the ball, as an ex db I would have been furious if the call had not been made

sometimes life sucks: it is called the offseason

Yeah, the refs really ruined what should have been a great game. I think they got it right on the long Jackson TD they ruled out of bounds, but the first Jackson TD was a cheap call and the 4th quarter pass to the 1 yard line was a very iffy holding call. I didn't really agree with the Big Ben TD run either. Not to mention the Peter Warrick punt return where I didn't really see the hold and the HORRIBLE low block call on Hasselbeck on the interception return. When the officials call a 15 yard penalty against a team for trying to tackle the ballcarrier, you have to start to wonder...

Archived