Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I will LOVE Michael Irvin.......IF

desertfox59

Michael Irvin....

great receiver, Redskin killer, ego-centric narcissist, coke head, below average biased commentator, grade-A-tool, clichéd caricature of that idiot Shannon Sharp, cowboy homer, all around poster child for birth control, ect.ect....

Whom I will absolute love and praise if, during his induction speech this summer, he says this or something like it, "....And one more thing in closing....I want to say that there is no way, no way that Washington Redskin receiver Art Monk should not be in this Hall....If he doesn't epitomize greatness both on and off the field, then no one in this hall or on this podium do...(improper English for the sake of realism)"

In that moment, I will totally renounce everything negative I've ever said about Michael Irvin. I will be, in fact a fan of his.....Me a die hard Redskin Fan, a fan of Michael Irvin!....What a crazy mixed up world this is....!

Flame on.....

Michael Irvin....

great receiver, Redskin killer, ego-centric narcissist, coke head, below average biased commentator, grade-A-tool, clichéd caricature of that idiot Shannon Sharp, cowboy homer, all around poster child for birth control, ect.ect....

Whom I will absolute love and praise if, during his induction speech this summer, he says this or something like it, "....And one more thing in closing....I want to say that there is no way, no way that Washington Redskin receiver Art Monk should not be in this Hall....If he doesn't epitomize greatness both on and off the field, then no one in this hall or on this podium do...(improper English for the sake of realism)"

In that moment, I will totally renounce everything negative I've ever said about Michael Irvin. I will be, in fact a fan of his.....Me a die hard Redskin Fan, a fan of Michael Irvin!....What a crazy mixed up world this is....!

Flame on.....

Im with you on that dog. I cant stand the guy but if he says something remotely close to that he'll have every bit of my respect. But unfortunately, I live in the real world and the likelyhood of this happening are slim to none, considering who we're talking about.

I'm with it, too.

Or if he were to refuse his induction and say something like "there's no way i should be in here before Art Monk. I won't accept this until he's enshrined."

Now if he did that I'd fight the man who called him a....no wait I wouldn't he'd still be Michael Irvin...:)

Guest amaprius

I respect the heck out of Michael Irvin for what he did on the football field....and the way he always ran over us.....He was impossible to cover.....He was dirty, mean and loyal to his team....that is a true competitor....but he was never a sportsman....and never chivalrous.

He wont stand up for Monk because Monk was better and his archrival. He is an ego-maniacal tough guy. The Romanowski of WR's. Irvin should be in the HOF....after Monk....That would make the world right.

Guest amaprius
Does anybody honestly believe that Irvin would put somebody else before himself? Nice pipe dream, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Heck No!

I never said that...

I said that Monk deserves to be in first...

I said it would make things right in the world if it happened.

Unfortunately, ever since Bush got elected nothing has been right in the world...only right-wing....I digress...

Monk was far more consistent and a whole lot smarter player and he was a sportsman in every sense of the word...

Irvin just had the flash...He made people look at him...Like Peter King....

Monk just did his job and didnt make a scene.

Does anybody honestly believe that Irvin would put somebody else before himself? Nice pipe dream, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I'm not getting my hopes up....this thread is more of a comment about how crazy this world is...That there is a possibility, however unlikely, that I could be an Irvin fan....I know it won't happen.

I'm with it, too.

Or if he were to refuse his induction and say something like "there's no way i should be in here before Art Monk. I won't accept this until he's enshrined."

That wont happen from Mike Irvin but I have honestly thought about D. Green saying something to that effect. It wouldnt surprise me if he did.

• 1 year later...

He did acknowledge Monk today when he was asked questions. He stated there was no doubt in his mind that Art Monk belonged in the Hall.

The Irvin people are bashing is not the same Irvin of today. Irvin is a changed man for the better. Not saying you have to like him. Not saying anything. Just saying all the "Coke Head" blah blah blah is a bit petty. He deserves to get. So does Monk I won't argue that. But it's out of any of our hands.

You can't really say that they are Cowboys biased because thats not true. In the NFC East it goes

Eagles - 9 True Eagles

Giants 18 True Giants

Skins - 15 True Redskins

Cowboys - 10 True Cowboys

He did acknowledge Monk today when he was asked questions. He stated there was no doubt in his mind that Art Monk belonged in the Hall.

The Irvin people are bashing is not the same Irvin of today. Irvin is a changed man for the better. Not saying you have to like him. Not saying anything. Just saying all the "Coke Head" blah blah blah is a bit petty. He deserves to get. So does Monk I won't argue that. But it's out of any of our hands.

You can't really say that they are Cowboys biased because thats not true. In the NFC East it goes

Eagles - 9 True Eagles

Giants 18 True Giants

Skins - 15 True Redskins

Cowboys - 10 True Cowboys

except the other 3 teams were around for 30 years longer than the pokes, and Stunk their first 7-8 years

the Giants also have a media bias

Archived