Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Country Music; Do You Like It?

skinsdude

Popular country music on the radio today is no different then "the backstreet boys" or "the spice girls."

Its horrible. Being a musician I can honestly say that muiscally and lyrically it is no different then the above bands. It just has a different name.

The worst part about it, is that it does ZERO justice to the real country played back in the day, i.e. Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash and anything played on Mountain Stage radio show. Its sad man.

I feel the same about hip hop. Ludacris, and the like could never hold a candle to KRS-1 and even Biggie. Its sad because Hip Hop was on its way to being such a creative form of music, and then it hit a HUGE WALL. I blame M.C. Hammer, Fresh Prince, Puffy, and all of those that took away the underground edge hip hop had ...

Rap isnt music.

Back in the day, in the early 1900's people said that the guitar wasn't a lead insturment and that it sounded horrible being played any louder than any other instrument.

Rap is music. Some rap is not. But a lot of it is...

Rap isnt music.

Go check out:

The Roots

Mos Def

Talib Kweli

Blackstar (combination of the above two)

Jurassic 5

Del tha Funkee Homosapien

Hieroglyphics

Then tell me "rap" isn't music. Just by labeling it "rap" I can tell you haven't even scratched the surface of the genre. I agree that 99% of the crap on the radio today is NOT music.

Back in the day, in the early 1900's people said that the guitar wasn't a lead insturment and that it sounded horrible being played any louder than any other instrument.

Rap is music. Some rap is not. But a lot of it is...

Hell, people said that about Hendrix. Especially those that like folk (they also booed Dylan for going electric).

Sorry man, I just dont agree.

I listen to it sometimes, I enjoy some of it (mostly older stuff), I just dont think it's music. It's an artform in itself. Closer to poetry than music.

How about in the future you say something like. "I like rap, but I don't consider it to be music. I think that it's an artform that's closer to poetry than it is music?" It more accurately states your position, it doesn't make you immediately sound like an idiot, it isn't as likely to incite angry responses, and people can argue against your main point without going through a mandatory series of 3 posts before you explain what you mean.

How about in the future you say something like. "I like rap, but I don't consider it to be music. I think that it's an artform that's closer to poetry than it is music?" It more accurately states your position, it doesn't make you immediately sound like an idiot, it isn't as likely to incite angry responses, and people can argue against your main point without going through a mandatory series of 3 posts before you explain what you mean.

Well what fun would that be?

LOL. Welcome to Kilmerville. :cheers:

Arguing with him is like trying to catch an eel with a shovel. :D

I love country music. I grew up on it. My grandparents was always listening to it. Lately, I have been in a older country music mood. Just started liking Cash. One of my all-time fav. artist is Conway Twitty aka "A song's best friend." He has some good music. Good beat, easy to sing along to. A lot of today's country is very watered down. I am sick of Tim and Faith, Shania and others like them. Their music is horrible to listen to. Also, if you get the chance listen to Jim Reeves. Smooth voice and some great songs.

OMG skinsdude and mr.nostril and destino all need to shut that big fat hole in there mouths b/c for starters country music is the best music on the radio right know and also it is a whole lot better than rap b/c all rap is is a bunch of people ryming words and they there pants pull below there butts who wants to see there stupid boxers and also pop music is getting dumber by the second and rock music ain't nothing but a bunch of idiots screaming into a mircophone so country good music but wait it is the best damn music out there!

OMG skinsdude and mr.nostril and destino all need to shut that big fat hole in there mouths b/c for starters country music is the best music on the radio right know and also it is a whole lot better than rap b/c all rap is is a bunch of people ryming words and they there pants pull below there butts who wants to see there stupid boxers and also pop music is getting dumber by the second and rock music ain't nothing but a bunch of idiots screaming into a mircophone so country good music but wait it is the best damn music out there!

Wow, our school systems at work. Punctuation is your friend.

Archived