Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Draft Or Not To Draft Reggie

ZoEd

I know the Redskins have no chance of getting Reggie but I would like to ask my peers a question about the #1 pick and the Houston Texans.

If the Redskins were sitting in this spot would or should we take Reggie Bush?

I'm of the opinion that Houston should pass on Reggie. Call me crazy but Houston has a good RB and a QB so why take one of the top three players in the draft? (Bush, Leinhart, Young)

The Texans could very easily use this pick the way Dallas used Herschel Walker back in the 80's. They can get so many draft picks for Bush they could damn near build their entire team. He's so coveted right now Houston could probably get picks and veteran players.

If it was Washington with this pick what would you want us to do? Just thought I'd ask.

PS: I searched and found no topics related to this.

If they address O line issues then going after Reggie The President Bush or hometown boy Young is win win

Reggie is going to split time with the other running back as he did at USC. Vince Young the hometown kid will max out ticket sales if he was drafted and is a dual threat.

Most of the mediots and ANALysts keep harping on Houston taking him. I'm with you guys, build your franchise around trading out of #1 for as many picks as possible. The kid is good but he's not God. I was not impressed with him against Texas.

Trade him for everything including the kitchen sink.

I think the current trend in the NFL is to have multiple backs. You can play Davis/Bush in the same packages. Bush also can be lined up as WR and return kicks. RB seems to be a once in a generation athlete and is too good to pass up.

I think Dominack Davis is a great back and I think they will have trouble keeping Davis and Bush happy.

IMO he's the best player on their team. If they could get a O-line for that one pick, suck it up and let Bush pass. If I was the coach it would be so hard to pass on a player of his caliber but like someone already mentioned, look at Barry Sanders. One player won't get them where they need to be.

The Texans need O line help they could hopefully move down and get 2 starters.

One thing I dont yet understand is how good Reggie will be in the NFL. He only runs about 15 times a game. Yes, he also plays WR and is a threat. In the wrong system he could be a bust. For some reason when I see him I think he will either be a Marshall Faulk or Terry Metcalf ( all world moves, homerun threat, but too small to be a prime back).

I don't think reggie will be a bust unless he gets injured, but I don't think he will match his hype. IMO Bush will be a better Warrick Dunn or at best maybe Marshall Faulk like. Bush has benefited from playing in the PAC-10 where defensives are nonexistent and behind one of the best college Olines in NCAA history. I don't think Bush is durable enough to be an everydown back, and his speed will not be dominant in the NFL. Bush has not shown the ability to run inbetween the tackles and the speed of NFL defenses prevent him from doing what he has done in college.

I understand what everyone is saying about trading the pick, but can you imagine how the fans will react if they pass on bush and vince young to pick a lineman. I think it would be best to trade the pick, but when your team has been bad since it entered the league, you want the hyped up players that people put into the hall of fame before they even play a snap.

The Skins would do the exact same thing the Texans "should" do with the pick: trade it.

The Texans need o-line help and can trade down for Fergy or Justice. If the Skins had the first pick this year I could see us trading down for Derek Hagan or Mario Williams, both which address a team need and are great players.

The Texans should call Mangini and see about a trade.

I know the Redskins have no chance of getting Reggie but I would like to ask my peers a question about the #1 pick and the Houston Texans.

If the Redskins were sitting in this spot would or should we take Reggie Bush?

I'm of the opinion that Houston should pass on Reggie. Call me crazy but Houston has a good RB and a QB so why take one of the top three players in the draft? (Bush, Leinhart, Young)

The Texans could very easily use this pick the way Dallas used Herschel Walker back in the 80's. They can get so many draft picks for Bush they could damn near build their entire team. He's so coveted right now Houston could probably get picks and veteran players.

If it was Washington with this pick what would you want us to do? Just thought I'd ask.

PS: I searched and found no topics related to this.

I agree with you if it were the redskins i wouldnt. But i think the texans have to take reggie, its not as big as Lebron but what if the cavs did pass on him they would be critisized for it forever, i think if the texans pass on reggie and he flourishes with some other team they will get the critisism.

I agree with you if it were the redskins i wouldnt. But i think the texans have to take reggie, its not as big as Lebron but what if the cavs did pass on him they would be critisized for it forever, i think if the texans pass on reggie and he flourishes with some other team they will get the critisism.

He's going to flourish, no doubt about that. I'd hate to be in Houston's shoes, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Look at the reaction the Cowgirl fans had when they traded Walker. Because of that trade they were able to build a team that went on to win two Super Bowls. Winning quiets fans for a little while anyway, except for here of course.

We dont want Reggie. We want Vince Young. But, in all seriousness, the Texans have way too many problems that if Reggie or Vince came, it still wouldn't do any justice. They need a whole offensive line because David Carr staying making love to the ground. So, if they get Vince who is real mobile, it wouldnt help because there will be times where he might not be able to get to the outside. If they get Reggie, he wont be able to go anywhere because he has blockers who block bout like a 4 year old Pop Warner team.

I believe that who ever passes on Vince Young will regret it for the next 10 years and Houston should take him. I was listening to one of the sports writers in Houston who claims that VY has become just as popular athlete as Hakeem so snother reason Houston should take him is if they pass and he becomes a mega super star somewhere else, the city wont forgive the Texans for a long time. If they take him and he falters they will forgive them. The Texans have a bigger decision to make than teams of years past.

]']although this belogns in the NFL thread' date=' i would also be interested in skins fans opinions.

that said, i say yes. if he's fine with carr, then thats great. get bush. i'd have to fully evaluate carr and if its his O-line that blows, or if its him. THEN i'd choose.[/quote']

Since he doesn't belong to the NFL yet or to another team for that matter it kind of doesn't belong in the NFL thread. :D

I too was wondering how Redskin fans would feel about this pick if it was ours, that's why I asked here.

Archived