Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor Smoot to be traded with CPep

Higgs44

That's highway robbery right there. Wilson is a star in the making, and the #10 could easily land the cards the franchise running back they've needed for years. For a Qb with blown knee and Smoot? Denny Green would be outside his mind to take that trade. That's some mess you get away with in a video game, not the real world.

What's interesting about Smoot is that he was widely considered to be a malcontent coming into the league with serious character issues.

His time in Washington proved critics wrong and Smoot actually seemed to be on his way to developing into a solid character guy that could be a part of Gibbs' core guys.

One year later, he's now known throughout the media as the captain of the loveboat and he seems to have regained the turd mentality that Peter King and other pundits predicted would deep six his career.

You know, I hate to nitpick ( :laugh: ), but the Vikings did, in fact, have a winning season...

Finished a whopping 1 game behind the Skins.

Too early to tell if Smoot made the right move from a football standpoint. Redskins were better than the Vikes this year but Minnesota is in better posistion to improve during the offseason ($25 mill in Cap space and a #1 pick). Only time will tell.

If I'm not mistaken, Culpepper's knee is torn in three different places. There's not a team in the league who would give up a first-round pick for him right now. You're saying Arizona would trade away a top 10 pick for Daunte's damaged goods???

In the words of Frank the Tank - I like you man, but you're crazy.

That's highway robbery right there. Wilson is a star in the making, and the #10 could easily land the cards the franchise running back they've needed for years. For a Qb with blown knee and Smoot? Denny Green would be outside his mind to take that trade. That's some mess you get away with in a video game, not the real world.

Not to mention McCown has looked pretty good in several starts...He's looked pretty bad in some starts as well, but he's still young and learning.

If I'm not mistaken, Culpepper's knee is torn in three different places. There's not a team in the league who would give up a first-round pick for him right now. You're saying Arizona would trade away a top 10 pick for Daunte's damaged goods???

In the words of Frank the Tank - I like you man, but you're crazy.

:laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :laugh:

AP reports another circulated trade rumor: QB Daunte Culpepper and the Vikings' second-round draft pick to HC Dennis Green's Cardinals for Arizona's No. 10 overall pick and S Adrian Wilson. The Vikings could also package controversial CB Fred Smoot with Culpepper in a deal, allowing them to re-sign free agent CB Brian Williams.

wow... How do you think Smoot would feel about this????? Sorry freddy, but I hope the little extra money Minny offered you was worth it... good luck in the NFLs wasteland...Arizona

Correctly worded -- this is a RUMOR! If you recall Minnesota front loaded Smoot's contract and I doubt they would be able to do this from a business - salary cap perspective.

AP reports another circulated trade rumor: QB Daunte Culpepper and the Vikings' second-round draft pick to HC Dennis Green's Cardinals for Arizona's No. 10 overall pick and S Adrian Wilson. The Vikings could also package controversial CB Fred Smoot with Culpepper in a deal, allowing them to re-sign free agent CB Brian Williams.

wow... How do you think Smoot would feel about this????? Sorry freddy, but I hope the little extra money Minny offered you was worth it... good luck in the NFLs wasteland...Arizona

He took a tiny bit more money to "be on a winner".. I'd laugh my ass off if he went to Arizona

Finished a whopping 1 game behind the Skins.

Too early to tell if Smoot made the right move from a football standpoint. Redskins were better than the Vikes this year but Minnesota is in better posistion to improve during the offseason ($25 mill in Cap space and a #1 pick). Only time will tell.

Minnesota has new coach, new systems and player discipline issues that have them in a better position?

They did play in a weaker division this past year, but who knows how that will pan out after offseason.

This isn't basketball, one first round pick does not turn an NFL team around.

Cap space is covered in other threads quite effectively.

Redskins have Hall of Fame coach who won three Super Bowls and took his team to playoffs, from a very tough division, in only his second year back from a twelve year hiatus. Oh yes, the HOF coach just added one of the top five Offensive Coordinators in the league to his staff and the coordinator comes from the same base offensive coaching philosophy and background.

I liked Smoot fine during his Redskin days but always had the sense he and Champ thought they were bigger than the team...don't get that same "me-first" sense from either Shawn Springs or Carlos Rogers and you can make a pretty effective argument that they were as good or even better game to game in 2005 as Champ and Smoot.

I'll bet the Redskins players are feeling a lot better about next year than the Vikings players are right now.

I applaud your loyalty to your team, but like where I'll be sitting in FedEx field a bit better than where you may be sitting in HH dome next season.

Lastly, I had the privilege of attending the Super Bowl in Minnesota where my Skins beat up on the Bills in 1992. The people of Minnesota did a terrific job!

If this is true and CP is healthy, then expect a huge turn around for Arizona, this would be huge for them helps them with two positions and then they can draft RB and all D positions in the draft and start to build something nice.

The Cards are owned by the biggest cheapskate in professional sports. As long as Bidwill (or his evil spawn) owns that team, they will be the perennial basement of the NFL. Being traded to the Cards is equivalent to being traded to the third level of Hell.

What I REALLY can't believe is that the morons out in Phoenix caved in and are building a new stadium for that moron!

Archived