Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Land of 1,000 Coaches Tony Kornheiser Making Fun.

Bahamas#1skins fan

So today at 2 p.m. the Redskins will introduce their newest multimillion-dollar baby of an assistant coach, Al Saunders, whose biography can be found by clicking on www.RichGuyAssistant.com/Offense/NotNamedBugel.

After Saunders is finished bringing in his own staff to teach this new offense that only he understands, this will give the already top-heavy Redskins 53 assistant coaches, and will enable those 53 to scrimmage against the 53 players on the active roster. From now on the Redskins will travel to games in two planes -- one for the players, and one for the assistant coaches. First class in the coaches' plane will be reserved for Joe Gibbs, Al Saunders, Gregg Williams, Joe Bugel and their personal accountants. (Because there's not enough room on the bench for all these coaches, during home games up to 20 assistants will be required to sit in obstructed view seats at FedEx Field.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/22/AR2006012200780.html

Whoa. On exactly what wrong side of whos bed did Tony wake up on? He doesn't seem all that happy.

Nah, this is just an excuse for Tony to get a couple clever lines in ("Because there's not enough room on the bench for all these coaches, during home games up to 20 assistants will be required to sit in obstructed view seats at FedEx Field"), and to pay tribute to the late Wilson Pickett, who just died.

Nothing Tony or Wilbon says really bothers me. Cause they post good things as well. They're funny as hell. The worst thing that happened to us in Hpt is when ESPN pulled Tony's show. Now, we're stuck with Colin Cowherd. Who really isn't very funny at all. But I'll listen during Football season cause of his guests. Tony kept me tuned in all year (and I detest baseball and the NBA now). They even nerfed our ability to stream 980 at work now. So appreciate what you guys got!

That is some funny stuff there heh. You gotta admit. Danny's gonna have to buy a Bus Charter to save dollars on moving his team and staff around!

Saunders is expected to be up in the booth, sending plays down, unfiltered, to Gibbs, who now appears to have nothing really to do during the game but look like he's in charge.

Extra points for the creative shot.

Who cares what that ass has to say? I guess he wouldn't like new helmets or better pads for players, either. Simply put, all coaches below Gibbs are tools to get a specific job done, that job being "win the game." They're specifically picked and placed to legally enhance the performance of the players. Why is this a problem with some people?

Archived