Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We sign Free agent Canadian Running Back

drewski

I vaguely remember him....

kauf2.gif

If I remember correctly, he put up a few good seasons for the Raiders as well.

And looking at that picture... Williams is still much bigger than Lumsden.

Lumsden looks like a receiver... even though he has the measurables of a decent sized QB. He still looks to thin for me to be an imposing QB.

Heck, he probably looked more like Patrick Ramsey as far as physique. But Ramsey is more "defined".

Wow, thanks for tempering my excitement with a hearty dose of realism! :cheers:

Well, regardless of this signing, I think we'll try to trade Betts for a pick.

I remember hearing that he was interested in being a starter...not that all players don't feel that way. I think Betts would do well as a featured back somewhere, if he can stay healthy.

I think this guys signing is for a shot on KR/PR duties. He's also insurance in case Cartwright signs elsewhere. Noticing the perception of his appearance, as some have said that he looks more like a receiver, than a RB, is it possible that Gibbs and Co might be giving him a look at WR? He's sure got the speed for that position, as well as the height. What's he like at catching the ball?

You guys are all making an assumption that may not be so...

Remember, Hall of Fame WR Charlie Taylor came to the Redskins as a RB. It took a little over a season for them to convert him to a "split end". But it is possible they have that in mind for this guy, with his speed and size.

Okay what did we see in this guy? Speed, size, I'm sure a good work ethic from reading a post on that TSN site.

Also, what did he see from us, or what did we tell him to pick us over 5 other teams? interesting. Maybe we gave him some kind of assurance about playing?

Don't think anyone brought this up, but maybe Al Saunders had a say in this??? Maybe its something he has been looking at for awhile and wanted to sign this kid before anyone else could ...

Jesse is a neat combination of speed, moves and power. He has terrific hands and with his size is a devastating blocker. I have, obviously, followed his career quite closely having been his High School coach and he is a young man of character. My son idolizes him and he is the sort of young man you want your daughter to marry. I know it will be a long shot for him and it will be a blow to the CFL to lose him. (Think of Bono and you will know how much he is thought of in Hamilton where he plays for the Tiger cats of the CFL) Still, his speed, power and ability gives him a bit of a shot. I wouldn't be shocked if he made it, just pleasantly surprised.

Guest GibbSkins11
I have a soft touch in my heart for Jesse Lumsden. He played for me at High School, lived in our house and used to babysit my son. (now my son goes to his football camp and wears his number playing on my team!)At university, he broke all the Canadian university rushing records and won our equivalent of the Heisman (Crighton). Jesse and I used to watch the Redskin games together in my study, never thinking about him trying out for the team. He was injured for most of the last preseason and released by Seattle. He had a good year later in the CFL. He will, no doubt, be a long shot but here is hoping!

congrats i hope he turns out to be one of gibbs diamonds in the rough like in his first stint as head coach:cheers:

I hope we keep Rock too, I mean when the guy was given a chance he came up BIG for us...besides what would Blondie do if we let Rock go?:logo:

Blondie will NOT be happy.

ROCK in any color besides Burgandy and Gold is not what I want to see.

Blondie

Lumsden seems like a good pick up, but he still has to make the team. This is the NFL not the CFL, but we seem to have luck with players that have played in the CFL (Theismann, Sellers).

I think that Ladell really didn't play well at the end of the year on Offense. I don't know if he really was ever healthy again. We need to keep Rock, he is always healthy and tough. Plus he made like 13 or 11 tackles on special teams this year. A real leader on teams. Plus isn't he fast than Ladell? I just think that he was more vital to the team than #46. Plus Rock was on fire in St. Louis and then we let him cool off, we should've kept playing him.

From what I read, everybody is looking at this kid at a running back. Anyone think instead of a running back we are looking at Cooley's back up? With his size and ability, from what I have read, and about 10 to 20 more pounds, I say we are looking at another H-Back. Think about it, depth wise, it is one of, if not the weakest depth area we have. Who is Cooley's back up? I like the addition, but I'd be willing to bet we are looking at Cooley's possible backup.

Diehard, from the few times I watched the Canadian University games he always seemed very big to me. Granted the size of the competition is smaller than the NFL, etc. I think his tall height makes him seem more lanky than one might expect.

I've been in the lockerroom with Redskins players... I've seen how big these guys are.

I've also been to a football camp with Lumsden and 10 other Tiger Cats. No comparison in size.

The offensive linemen for the 'Cats would be linebackers in the NFL. LeMar Marshall was bigger than any TiCat lineman.

I'm not embellishing.

The offensive linemen for the 'Cats would be linebackers in the NFL. LeMar Marshall was bigger than any TiCat lineman.

I'm not embellishing.

Not embellishing?

Hamilton Offensive Linemen

57 Claridge, Travis T 6-5 300

59 Smith, Wayne G 6-3 308

60 Filice, Fabio G 6-3 285

62 Hage, Marwan C 6-4 290

64 Donnelly, Ryan G 6-5 284

65 Moroz, Mark G 6-4 285

vs.

98 Marshall, Lemar LB 6-2 227

Actually, there is another guy right now at York University that's tearing it up as well.

I'm just skeptical about Canadians making it in the NFL.

Mind you, the Patsies have 2 starting offensive linemen right now that are Canadian (Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur).

Not embellishing?

Hamilton Offensive Linemen

57 Claridge, Travis T 6-5 300

59 Smith, Wayne G 6-3 308

60 Filice, Fabio G 6-3 285

62 Hage, Marwan C 6-4 290

64 Donnelly, Ryan G 6-5 284

65 Moroz, Mark G 6-4 285

vs.

98 Marshall, Lemar LB 6-2 227

Well those guys weren't at the camp I can tell you that :laugh:

Don't let "weights" fool you.... people can pack pounds on differently.

Archived