Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell characteristics...

Sherlock Holmes

tall, black, accurate (68% of passes completed in final college year), great deep ball accuracy (check out the preseason td against ravens), looks so composed after the snap (unlike brunell lol, who's arm was moving like an electric kettle), and #17...remind you of anyone?

plus hes mobile...

heres a few stats....

He played in 46 games and started 39 at auburn. He finished his career completing 64.6 percent of his passes for 7,299 yards, 45 touchdowns and only 24 interceptions. Campbell was also an effective runner from the quarterback position, rushing for eight touchdowns during his career at Auburn.

i know theres a hell of a step up to the nfl but hes been learning this year on the sideline...and if he plays all next year...whatever happens...he will have learnt and taken that step...wow im excited about this guy...

tall, black, accurate

Just had to bring up his ethnicity (just kidding). :silly:

Good analogy, I just hope that when he starts, which I think will be some time in 06, he is ready to go. That is my biggest concern going into next season, not that I don’t think the guy will be a good QB, but that it him adjusting to the pro game could set the team back a little. Putting Jason’s Campbell’s progress on hold was the only down fall I saw to our late season playoff run which is a price that all Redskin fans are happy to pay to experience what we did in December.

BTW 44TheDiesel44 I like your username, good to see the young fan base paying tribute to the Old Schook Redskins! :cheers:

For those too young to remember, maybe I should explain this. On Media Day before the 1987 Super Bowl, a reporter asked Doug Williams "How long have you been a black quarterback?".

Urban legend, my friend. The most famous Superbowl moment that never happened.

The actual question was: "Doug, obviously you've been a black quarterback all your life. When did it start to matter?"

thats not cool at all man so if he was everything that Doug Williams was but white would you have made that comment just because ur a black quarterback doesn't mean your good example Akli Smith

Relax it was just a comparison- and a valid one. They ARE both tall, black, redskin qb's that wear the #17. Do you think it's not cool that he mentioned he was tall? Afterall, not all tall qb's are good, perfect example Danny Wuerfel. :laugh:

tall, black, accurate (68% of passes completed in final college year), great deep ball accuracy (check out the preseason td against ravens), looks so composed after the snap (unlike brunell lol, who's arm was moving like an electric kettle), and #17...remind you of anyone?

Is he suggesting that Doug Williams was... accurate? Kids these days. :rolleyes:

J-Cam is a natural born leader. What people dont realize, J-Cam and Eli Manning were 1 and 2 coming out of high school in Mississippi... And secondly, Jason Campbell is VERY down to earth. If you witness him in clubs (college and professional), he is not a brash and ****y character. His personality is very polished, and very poised. He is a special talent NOT ONLY because he dodged CLIFF ELLIS's Hard Court attempts, but because he was perhaps the MOST ATHLETIC quarterback taken in the draft last year. NOBODY gives him credit for that. He has a better arm (power) than manning, better legs than Manning, Rivers, and Rodgers could EVER dream of... And he has the heart of a Champion.

He led Auburn through the ups and downs for 4 years, he is VERY mature. Let the KID play, and watch... Think Ben Rothlesberger, but black, faster, and potential smarter...

Gibbs knew what he was doing. He drafted a Kid who IDOLIZED a certain southern QB so much that he wore his jersey # from grade school to the NFL... In Doug we Trust(ed)... Like they say... The world revolves, Doug is BACK!!!

Play boy... Play...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Archived