Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell characteristics...

Sherlock Holmes

Given his high completion percentage, I'm thinking Auburn's passing game was basically dink and dunk...an extremely old school brand of football where they ran their two first round backs most of time and only threw occasionally on short routes as a change of pace.

How is this supposed to fit with Moss, Patten, Portis, and now Saunders? I have no idea.

Your thinking is wrong. Again.

Auburn loved to throw the ball down the field and Campbell did so with great accuracy. He was second in the country in yards per attempt in his senior year and seventh in yards per completion (all while completing nearly 70% of his passes). If anything, Borges' offense was quite similar to Saunders' offense (from what I've seen of it) - use the running game but take shots down the field.

Or if you want you can browse through his highlights (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1384437914092121450&q=Auburn+football)

or look at the Auburn play-by-play to see how many deep balls he completed (My own PBP analysis: He had 30 completions of 25 yards or over and 10 completions of 40 yards or more. One then might think the bulk of these completions came against powderpuff opponents. This is also false. Just against Tennessee and VaTech Campbell had 12 completions over 25 yards and 5 completions over 40 yards. Campbell was able to both complete a high percentage of his passes and able to stretch the field vertically against both lesser competition and in the big games.)

or listen to Jaws (from the archives: Jaws was just on SportsCenter saying that Campbell is likely to be the best QB coming out of this draft and has him rated higher than Aaron Rodgers. Specifically Jaws thought he had great touch on his deep ball (with video) and showed good toughness in the pocket.)

or think about how he could carry that team (my own analysis: Against the then #2 ranked defense in the nation at Alabama, Auburn could only muster 74 yards on 41 carries. After a lackluster first half trying to run into the teeth of the Alabama defense, Auburn put the game on Campbell's shoulders and came out throwing in the 2nd half. Campbell led them to 3 straight TD drives, putting the game out of reach. Campbell was 9/10 for 153 yards and a TD against the #2 ranked defense in that 3 drive span when Auburn put the game on his shoulders.)

or listen to the SEC coaches, the guys that probably watched more film on him than these on-a-deadline-scouts like Prisco and such (voted the most valuable offensive player in the entire SEC).

I know you have an agenda to carry out, but at least take the time to start making some sense instead of just making stuff up.

Auburn loved to throw the ball down the field and Campbell did so with great accuracy. He was second in the country in yards per attempt in his senior year and seventh in yards per completion (all while completing nearly 70% of his passes). If anything, Borges' offense was quite similar to Saunders' offense (from what I've seen of it) - use the running game but take shots down the field.

Or if you want you can browse through his highlights (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1384437914092121450&q=Auburn+football)

or look at the Auburn play-by-play to see how many deep balls he completed (My own PBP analysis: He had 30 completions of 25 yards or over and 10 completions of 40 yards or more. One then might think the bulk of these completions came against powderpuff opponents. This is also false. Just against Tennessee and VaTech Campbell had 12 completions over 25 yards and 5 completions over 40 yards. Campbell was able to both complete a high percentage of his passes and able to stretch the field vertically against both lesser competition and in the big games.)

or listen to Jaws (from the archives: Jaws was just on SportsCenter saying that Campbell is likely to be the best QB coming out of this draft and has him rated higher than Aaron Rodgers. Specifically Jaws thought he had great touch on his deep ball (with video) and showed good toughness in the pocket.)

or think about how he could carry that team (my own analysis: Against the then #2 ranked defense in the nation at Alabama, Auburn could only muster 74 yards on 41 carries. After a lackluster first half trying to run into the teeth of the Alabama defense, Auburn put the game on Campbell's shoulders and came out throwing in the 2nd half. Campbell led them to 3 straight TD drives, putting the game out of reach. Campbell was 9/10 for 153 yards and a TD against the #2 ranked defense in that 3 drive span when Auburn put the game on his shoulders.)

or listen to the SEC coaches, the guys that probably watched more film on him than these on-a-deadline-scouts like Prisco and such (voted the most valuable offensive player in the entire SEC).

I know you have an agenda to carry out, but at least take the time to start making some sense instead of just making stuff up.

Don't argue with me, argue with Sports Illustrated. I was just responding to the scouting report that was posted.

I would've quoted the whole post, but "shhh" I just read the entire script of mod's rules today.

Yes, I am an Auburn alumni/fan, and yes I can see how one could call me a homer, but it seems that the only people in the North who have watched Campbell play in college are Auburn fans or at least fans of the SEC. A lot of doubters who have serious pertinent questions regarding Campbell's ability (or any other player) should review the stats, the vids, the plays, and the facts seriously, BEFORE EVER believing one NFL scout from SI of all people. Spouting BS senselessly just goes around in circles.

:owned: :notworthy

:notworthy CLASSIC!! Love it!! :laugh: Gotta save it somehow.

Here's our version:

Jason Campbell. Quarterback. A rookie barely alive. Coaches, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world’s best quarterback.

Jason Campbell will be that man. Better than he was before. Smarter, faster, BLACKER!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

:laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :laugh:

One thing that critics say about Campbell is that he scored extremely low for a QB on the Wonderlic test. But that's not really a problem right? I think he got around the same score as Dan Marino...

Well, if I remember correctly, the first score was pretty low but the second score was very respectable (near 30). Maybe he had a bad day the first time. Who knows. But the concensus is that he is a smart kid, so it is not a problem at all.

Archived