Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell characteristics...

Sherlock Holmes

You know how guys like Ramsey can zip the ball 20-30 yards down the field on a line? Think the opposite. I don't pay much attention to college ball, so all I knew is that Campbell was not as highly regarded by NFL scouts as he apparently is by Gibbs. Given his high completion percentage, I'm thinking Auburn's passing game was basically dink and dunk...an extremely old school brand of football where they ran their two first round backs most of time and only threw occasionally on short routes as a change of pace.

How is this supposed to fit with Moss, Patten, Portis, and now Saunders? I have no idea.

By the way, here's another scouting report that says the exact opposite.

South head coach Jon Gruden praised the play of Auburn QB Jason Campbell and RB "Cadillac" Williams and LSU DE Marcus Spears. He was impressed with the way Campbell “drives the ball downfield and has shown great touch”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Senior+Bowl/2005/notebook012605.htm

The point is that you can find a scouting report that will say just about anything.

He led Auburn through the ups and downs for 4 years, he is VERY mature. Let the KID play, and watch... Think Ben Rothlesberger, but black, faster, and potential smarter...

I think that I read that Roth had a faster 40 time and he has more bulk but the two are similar.

Archived