Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I told you so thread"...

dmauro1

This is truly an idiotic thread. The offense was "broken"? Newsflash: it was ranked 11th overall. I think a whole lot of teams would love to have this "broken" offense.

Yes, the offense did sputter at times. But chalk that up to a new offensive scheme and a revolving door of personnel at #2 WR after Patten got hurt.

Other than that, though, the offense started to come into its own towards the end of the year. The reason why it didn't work in the playoffs was due to a gimpy Brunell and the loss of Randy Thomas, the o-line's best offensive lineman.

Why did Gibbs turn over the reins to Saunders? Mainly because he's wearing too many hats. He's President of the 'Skins, o-coordinator, and head coach.

Get a clue, man.

Not true. The O started rolling after the Dallas game and was very productive but then towards the end of the season everyone started to figure out JG's simplistic O and it was reg. shut down save a few games. The stats do not reflect that. Think of the WR screen

Man.

This is gonna get goooood.

Real good.

:violin:

Actually I dont mind the avatar. Its like a badge that is a symbol of my staying objective despite loving the Redskins. Let's just hope JG stays out of Saunders way and SB here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not true. The O started rolling after the Dallas game and was very productive but then towards the end of the season everyone started to figure out JG's simplistic O and it was reg. shut down save a few games. The stats do not reflect that. Think of the WR screen

Must have done somthing right, won the last 6 games and one playoff game.

can we put another asshat guy for his avatar... every post i have seen this guy makes no sense or goes nowhere

I like this guy.....without him and people like him there would be no contraversy...he makes some good points.....he makes more bad points...but what is a kingly court without a jester?????

Haha.. you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is: Never get involved in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well know is this: Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line...

a3prin.77_small.jpg

LMAO :laugh:

Now that's classic.

What is wrong with assembling the best coaching staff, probably ever? Not saying Gibbs isn't capable, we all know he is, but this guy has fielded a top offense year after year. Why not use him to take us to the next level?

What Gibbs brings to the table more than X's and O's is his ability to bring a team together. Williams is a great DC but look what his team did in Buffalo, Saunders is a great OC but look how many times KC has fallen short. Gibbs is the key. These three guys together is just scary.

Its a badge that is a symbol of my staying objective despite loving the Redskins. Let's just hope JG stays out of Saunders way and SB here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:doh: :doh: :doh:, i would hate to have that avatar myself, mr. asshat. AS is good but JG wins SB's (AS= al saunders JG=joe gibbs and SB=superbowl for IQ challenged individuals...)

Originally Posted by dmauro1

Its a badge that is a symbol of my staying objective despite loving the Redskins.

Son, people thinking you're an ass is not symbolic of being recognized for your objectivity.

I think this perception unfortunately typifies the cognitive distortions that are hampering your effectiveness :laugh:

But your perseverance and loving the Redskins, however uniquely, does give you immunity from total isolation. ;)

Haha.. you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is: Never get involved in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well know is this: Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line...

a3prin.77_small.jpg

"INCONCEIVABLE!"

"I do not think that word means what you think it means...."

a3prin.77_small.jpg

Hey piazzano! Ciao :cool:

Just say no :laugh:

So when I spent time bashing JG's O playcalling all year and said that was the only thing that was holding us back to the next level(the NFC's best team)..all I got from here was harsh words and a nasty avatar..lol..but what is the logic in hiring the best O cord. in the NFL????

Everyone here said JG was going on the right track and he improved it so much..blah blah blah....

How could anyone think we improved? It's not like we made the playoffs or anything. It's not like our record was much better this year than last year.

Seriously dude, you're being an idiot. Is that what the "I told you so" is?

Also, we finished the season as the third or fourth best team in the NFC, according to when and how our season ended. We made it to the final 8 in the NFL. To criticise Joe Gibbs right now is beyond asinine, and you should really just be ashamed and embarassed, and give yourself a timeout.

Also, I like how fans say things like "I told you we'd be better if we had a better playcalling" - simplistic, obviously true without providing any reasoning, any team would be "better" with a "better offense" or "better playcalling."

Guest GibbSkins11
So when I spent time bashing JG's O playcalling all year and said that was the only thing that was holding us back to the next level(the NFC's best team)..all I got from here was harsh words and a nasty avatar..lol..but what is the logic in hiring the best O cord. in the NFL????

Everyone here said JG was going on the right track and he improved it so much..blah blah blah....

Well, someone didnt think so. Daniel Snyder will spend all day but he doesnt waste money, he's a f'n genius. If all JG's O needed was to stay healthy or some minor tweaks, it could have been done in house or maybe another low profile consultant...but to go after a big priced OC that is hc material?

The hire of Saunders is indisputable proof that either JG or Snyder thought the O was broken, just like me...so mods..please get this avatar off!!!!..lol

ARE YOU A GIANTS FAN:redpunch: :finger: :redpunch:

Archived