Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Day After Still Pissed

Rodriggo

I was also very upset watching you guys still get all the breaks and lose by 10.

It proved that you guys didn't deserve to be there, and the Bucs would have been playing the NFC Champ. game at home next week if it wasn't for the 2 lucky turnovers that gve you guys a 14-0 lead.

Coulda shoulda woulda. But you didn't.

It proved that you guys didn't deserve to be there, and the Bucs would have been playing the NFC Champ. game at home next week if it wasn't for the 2 lucky turnovers that gve you guys a 14-0 lead.

...OR

had the refs made the right call in the regular season game and ruled Alstott down on the 2 point conversion, the Redskins would have won the NFC East and played our first playoff game at home vs. the Giants, your team would have to go to Carolina to lose, and we would have met the Hawks eventually anyway.

Hey, I can play what if too.

...OR

had the refs made the right call in the regular season game and ruled Alstott down on the 2 point conversion, the Redskins would have won the NFC East and played our first playoff game at home vs. the Giants, your team would have to go to Carolina to lose, and we would have met the Hawks eventually anyway.

Hey, I can play what if too.

Uhh...did you see what we did to the Panthers @ Carolina

simply put i am just dissapointed in Joe not for what he has done this season but for the way he game planned in the playoffs he saw G Wills get his crew fired up the special teams were fired up but joe had the offense much like his demeanor this year. Humble and quiet...there comes a time when you have to play to win and go Balls Deep. and unfortunately Joe couldnt bring himself to open up the play book. he did it when we were in danger of not even having a winning season but once we hit that streak of winning games with each win he got more conservative and cautious i feel bad for all of us and the team because we are better than the hawks and that game was given to us right for the taking but we sat on the ground and looked up at the sky. i am still a loyal skins fan and cant wait for next year but as good as the season turned out to be... YOU DROPPED THE BALL JOE :2cents:

My mind may be alittle foggy but all I remember Ramsey throwing was interceptions over and over and over again. I don't think we would have made it this far if Ramsey was our QB. Brunell has done us good this year. We should be proud! But I say next year bring us Campbell.

I was also very upset watching you guys still get all the breaks and lose by 10.

Your team couldn't even get it up at home. When it really mattered. This game was played when chuckie's buckies weren't even in the tournament anymore.

Your being here commenting on our play-off game seems like such a tragically lame thing to do that you'd be too embarrassed even with the anonymity of the internet. It must be a very, very, small place inside your head.

Are you kidding? Brunnell fights his guts out. He did everything he could. He's super smart. He doesn't make mistakes, stare down his #1 option, float the ball into tight coverage, or throw stupidly across the middle of the field on a weak arm. He's deadly accurate on intermediate throws and is a threat throwing across the middle. Team's fear his running ability. He doesn't backpeddle into sacks. The list goes on and on. Joe Gibbs would be crazy if he started somebody else. Mark Brunell could start for a lot of teams. :laugh:

And the other side of that, non-sarcasm version, is the equally well-represented school of thought that believes we would've been less likely to sweep dallas, sweep philly, split with the giants, win five more games than last year, get in the playoffs, and beat a division champion playoff team to get to the second round, if we had played our other QB's. Therein lies the dilemma.

That doesn't mean I don't understand your frustration or think your view is without merit. It just means what it says.

I do remain in that I-would-still-have-started-Brunell-this-year school, but I also would have tried Ramsey halfway into the third quarter of the Seattle game (after having seen him settle down and do well in the Giants game).

Of course as soon I decided that, our offense picked up and started operating, though too little too late. Moss catches that one TD pass like he normally does dspite the defender (to pick one play of several) and we have a tie and a different game (not a slam on Moss at all). But I still wouldn't have started Ramsey.

Are you kidding? Brunnell fights his guts out. He did everything he could. He's super smart. He doesn't make mistakes, stare down his #1 option, float the ball into tight coverage, or throw stupidly across the middle of the field on a weak arm. He's deadly accurate on intermediate throws and is a threat throwing across the middle. Team's fear his running ability. He doesn't backpeddle into sacks. The list goes on and on. Joe Gibbs would be crazy if he started somebody else. Mark Brunell could start for a lot of teams. :laugh:

Steve I agree with you. Hell I think we better restructure his contract and give him more money. We can't afford to lose this guy. :laugh:

Uhh...did you see what we did to the Panthers @ Carolina

Missed It. But I saw and know what we did to your Bucs. We beat you and moved on. If Rogers had caught that interception we would have won. We lost to the Hawks for lack of a running game. It killed us. Im over it because we had a wonderfull season and looking forward to the next. I see you still have some deep set issues over your boys losing to us .So be it. So sad. Head back to Tampa troll and go swab the deck or something usefull until we beat you guys again. :helmet:

I will say what I've said from the beginning.

We aren't paid to make the decision.. the coaches are.

I have faith in Gibbs and faith that he will take this team further next year.

If he had put in Ramsey at the half (which I in the heat of the moment thought it may be a good idea), and we had won.. Gibbs would be a hero.

If he had put in Ramsey at the half and Ramsey threw a couple interceptions, Gibbs would be getting flack again.. all from the same people giving him flack now.

As for playcalling and game plan.. if you are not executing, it's tough to call plays that will be successful.

Can Gibbs be conservative at times. yes and it frustrates me. But it doesn't mean I want him gone.

What he's done for this team.. this town.. us fans.. the past two years is wonderful.

Is there any chance, with regards to getting QBs in here, or changing QBs, that perhaps he may know something we don't, whether it be availability, ability or simply the team's confidence? If the team doesn't have confidence in the person behind center.. they're not going execute.

We had a BERTH in the playoffs.. and got to the second round. If someone had told me that was gonna happen before the season started, I'd asked them what drugs they were on.

Actually, if Ramsey had come in at the half and blown the game I wouldn't have been pissed at Gibbs for trying to fix something that hasn't worked for the past 3-4 games.

Fact is, I think Ramsey would have come in and done well just like he did in saving the game against the Giants.

He doesn't throw a ton of interceptions like everyone tries to say he does. He played much better against good teams last year than Brunell did against the laughingstocks.

All true for about the first half of the season. After that Brunell is worn out. He just doesn't have the stamina to last the entire season anymore. Time for a changing of the guards.

Actually, if Ramsey had come in at the half and blown the game I wouldn't have been pissed at Gibbs for trying to fix something that hasn't worked for the past 3-4 games.

Fact is, I think Ramsey would have come in and done well just like he did in saving the game against the Giants.

He doesn't throw a ton of interceptions like everyone tries to say he does. He played much better against good teams last year than Brunell did against the laughingstocks.

Bingo. And that is why I will say something against Gibbs even though he is the main reason we were in the playoffs. Joe if its not working its time to change. Simple. When your QB has 41 yards passing in the last game, when he hasn't done anything in 3 games then I say its time for a change. :2cents:

Bingo. And that is why I will say something against Gibbs even though he is the main reason we were in the playoffs. Joe if its not working its time to change. Simple. When your QB has 41 yards passing in the last game, when he hasn't done anything in 3 games then I say its time for a change. :2cents:

Time for a change of gameplan perhaps. For better or worse, Brunell was going to be the horse the Redskins rode all the way until the end of this season. I'm only disappointed that over the past few weeks that Gibbs didn't allow Brunell to go to the intermediate and deep routes early to open up the running game. For a coach known for his adjustments, I was flabbergasted that he kept trying to run against 8 and 9 man fronts on first and second downs over and over and over again.

Time for a change of gameplan perhaps. For better or worse, Brunell was going to be the horse the Redskins rode all the way until the end of this season. I'm only disappointed that over the past few weeks that Gibbs didn't allow Brunell to go to the intermediate and deep routes early to open up the running game. For a coach known for his adjustments, I was flabbergasted that he kept trying to run against 8 and 9 man fronts on first and second downs over and over and over again.

Maybe he didn't allow Brunell to go to those intermediate and deep routes because he knew that's not Mark's strength? ;)

Can you really blame Brunell when we were down to Moss and our 4th string receiver? Patten went down, Thrash was out and we were stuck with Jacobs and Jimmy Farris???

Hiow about Brunell on 4th and 16 when we scrambled out of the pocket and hit Moss for 35 yards? That was a great vetern QB Play. I will admit, however, some of his throws early on were inconsistent. He nearly ended Moss's career on a high pass.

Archived